Bengals @ Bills - 2nd Half Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

Next year….

No super bowl favorites.  No Josh Allen mvp watch.  No Tuesday night Allen interviews with Kyle Brandt.  No locker room karaoke.  No 50 billion interviews with Pat McAfee.  No Von Miller podcast introspectives.

I love this team and always will.  But they were reading their own press clippings this year.  And this is the product.  The coaching has been terrible but there has been a lack of energy since kickoff 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but amidst all this Leslie Frazier bashing, it appears that we have scored … 10 points.

True, but the Bengals haven't actually tried to score since the 3rd quarter, they've been burning clock since the end of the 3rd. The Bengals absolutely dismantled Fraziers bend but don't break style. It's not the only problem today, but it's a problem.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

What’s worse, 13 second or watching this crap for 3 hours. 

At least after 13 seconds I still had hope for the next season…

After this season I just feel the Bills have too much to fix to be legit Super Bowl contenders next year…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Iverwig said:

You are right.  I will say Beane is an issue but he’s not making moves without McD’s input which is why McD should get the axe. He won’t, but it can’t be everyone else’s fault and he still be here. 

Talent is an issue and Beane has had some not-so-great picks, but Bills got too good too fast and lost out on some earlier draft picks.  Honestly, I’m hard pressed to nitpick what Beane has done.  Doesn’t mean he is perfect, but he picked Allen and I had little problem with any draft picks that Beane has made.  Argue that Epenesa and Basham were bad 2nd round picks, but they were highly rated and it was LATE 2nd round.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Hindsight is 20/20.  Pretty sure Jones would have been the most useful DT we could have put out there today.  Bengals OL is just moving guys around.  Probably thought Phillips and Oliver were the pass rushers but so far no one is getting there would have rather had a guy who could hold his ground.

Jones is hurt. He wasn't a healthy scratch.