Bengals @ Bills - 2nd Half Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

or this coaching staff

But the players are responsible too. They gave up. They should be embarrassed with themselves but they won’t be. They’ll go home and enjoy their millions while we wonder why they came up short again. Can’t believe how they folded at the end. Still can’t believe we didn’t go for it on 4th and 2. McDermott is really on thin ice 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

As soon as people started taking about the Bengals o-line being banged up, I knew they would run all over us. It never ever fails. Backups kick our ass.

Their starting O-line was injured.  The back-ups were healthy, fresh, strong, and quite capable.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Tough one. Picked the worst time to have their worst game. 

I really think they should strongly consider moving on from Leslie Frazier. We know he's a good dude and through the regular season the defense is pretty consistent. But in the big games he just doesn't seem to have it. 

That said, I mean, they're down to their fourth safety, and then Poyer left. Tre ain't the same. Missing Hyde and Von. I knew that rag tag Bengals OL was going to own the day. 

Saffold should move on. Dion was rough. Spencer Brown might not be the guy at RT. Mitch and Bates are fine. 

I dunno. It's a bummer. Thought they'd be up for it but the spotted Cincinnati two TDs early and then played like pure crap. Had their chances. Didn't convert. 

When your OL is constantly giving up pressure I have no idea why you're still asking your WRs to run long routes that keep your QB back there for an extra tick or two. Some of its on Josh because he doesn't always take the easy ones. But today he was when he could but it was like they never called any designed shorter stuff to unload the ball. 

Don't expect sweeping change, and there shouldn't be. But a hard look at Frazier is needed.

I'd like to see coach McD go as well. u or likely but I think it's time for a change. He's good but I just don't think he can lead the Bills to the Super Bowl. Problem is who is out there to take over? I want an offensive minded coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, H2o said:

The season was over when Von Miller went down. This DL completely reverted to last year afterwards 

That doesn't excuse the offense's performance today though. Everything looked so disjointed. Run game was mediocre, pass protection bad, no quick passing game schemed open. Worst offensive performance of the entire season at the worst possible time.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Breakout Squad said:

Burrow is the man. I think the league is figuring out Josh. Plus he always seems so nervous. Burrow is just straight business. 

Because he has all day to throw even with a backup OLine. They also have a smashmouth RB . Life is so much easier with those 2 things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1