Bengals @ Bills - 2nd Half Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

It was super "Billsy" that the hardest hit our defense put out today was on each other.  I do think McD should be closely examined and exit interviewed as he has stalled in his own "growth mindset".

He actually looks to have regressed as a coach.

This was a mortifying loss.  Big Ed got tossed around like a rag doll, Saffold spectated, Brown was overwhelmed and it did not look like our players were prepared to play tackle football with any strategy or philosophy or purpose.

Cincinnati came to play football and we came to do a walk through.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Freak-O said:

McD and Beane have created a culture that the players love. Dorsey and Frazier have systems that sometimes really make the opponents look superhuman. I wouldn’t be upset if Dorsey and Frazier both leave. 

Then we've seen their peak. 

Just now, Believer said:

It’s over… Disappointing end to a frustrating season… Expectations exceeded the given reality… Only Beane and Pegula can advance this team now… See you all in Sabrespace or next year here… Progress not perfection… Stay well all!!

Where does the progress part come in, may I ask?

Tough one. Picked the worst time to have their worst game. 

I really think they should strongly consider moving on from Leslie Frazier. We know he's a good dude and through the regular season the defense is pretty consistent. But in the big games he just doesn't seem to have it. 

That said, I mean, they're down to their fourth safety, and then Poyer left. Tre ain't the same. Missing Hyde and Von. I knew that rag tag Bengals OL was going to own the day. 

Saffold should move on. Dion was rough. Spencer Brown might not be the guy at RT. Mitch and Bates are fine. 

I dunno. It's a bummer. Thought they'd be up for it but the spotted Cincinnati two TDs early and then played like pure crap. Had their chances. Didn't convert. 

When your OL is constantly giving up pressure I have no idea why you're still asking your WRs to run long routes that keep your QB back there for an extra tick or two. Some of its on Josh because he doesn't always take the easy ones. But today he was when he could but it was like they never called any designed shorter stuff to unload the ball. 

Don't expect sweeping change, and there shouldn't be. But a hard look at Frazier is needed.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

We need a new offensive line let’s start there. A lot of this team needs to be reworked if we’re going to be really honest this offseason

Sure build the OL but we need a splash move. Everything about this offense is so much harder than it needs to be. Allen covers up a lot. We aren't getting consistent separation because Diggs gets bracketed and the other pass catchers don't beat their man in single coverage. Compare to Burrow throwing to wide open WRs all over the field.

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Time to blow ***** up.  

1.   Let Singletary go

2.   Fire both coordinators 

3.  Don't resign poyer 

4.  Draft OL and WR

5.  Sign cheap RB

6.  Debate trading Tre

This team isn't 

Homegrown talent that doesn't get it done doesn't need retained. 

Just now, Hebert19 said:

Ps.  Beane who I love.  Has not idea how to draft defensive line. 

Man he is great at bringing in talent in lower draft picks. but they just have not hit on any elite pics or high round draft picks that have actually outplayed their draft position