Bengals @ Bills - 2nd Half Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Going for it was stupid, they should have kicked the FG.  McD is not a good gameday coach.

He has been absolutely horrible with decisions like this. Makes no sense to not kick the FG and attempt an onside kick. He is bad with challenges, and timeouts too. He isn't a good coach.

A big problem here is our expectation versus the reality we refused to see.

Remember when McKenzie was the training camp darling?

Remember drafting a 1st round CB and then the belief we'd be significantly better than last year?

Knox's contract?

Roger Stafford?

Spencer Brown?

Josh as the best player in FB?

All WAY over-hyped.  Today is a real reality check.

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, dakrider said:

If Bills can't handle the Bengals defense, there is no way they would handle the 49ers or Eagles defenses.   This game saved the Bills from a possible Super Bowl embarrassment.

I agree... but I don't think they would have gotten past a one-legged Mahomes next week.  Jones would have single-handedly wrecked our offense and Kelce would set a receiving record against this bunch.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TheProcess said:

I agree. It was going to catch up to us at some point. Beane continues to burn valuable assets on mediocre defensive line help rather than helping Josh with the picks. You want to see how to support your young qb, then look no further than the chiefs drafting. 

Beanes lack of hits on dline is our demise. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

He has only had a few solid games this year.

I like Dawkins as a person, but we need a LT that can protect Allen and Dawkins has not lived up to that expectation this season.

Slow moving his feet, gets bull rushed back into the pocket, gets beat on inside and outside moves...

Teams like to settle on the LT, I get it. But I would not mind the Bills bring in someone who could really push for that LT spot.

May light a fire under his rear.

could Dawkins play G? Could he move to right tackle? In my dream off-season with Poyer and Edmunds money the 2 best Olinemen available are signed regardless of position.

NFL saves face.  No neutral site AFCCG.  That's why the refs were against us.

That being said, we got outplayed and owned.  Both coordinators need to go.  We were outcoached.  Yes, missing Von Miller hurt bad, but the rest of the team needed to put up a better fight.  This team was utterly unprepared.  Completely.

Time to stop making excuses, and start making changes.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Breakout Squad said:

Allen looks shook. O line needs to be blown up. No WR can get open. Gave up on the run. CB’s are bad. Safety is bad. LB’s are over matched. D line looks terrible with absolutely no pressure all game. Frazier is outmatched. 

why should anyone be confident in this team next year?? Allen’s contract kicks in. Where are the positives?

I’m agree we were outmatched today. Defensive injuries don’t help.

Frazier bad today.  Does just enough all season and falls apart today.  Inwpuldnt hat a change there to someone who is aggressive all the time.  We have Somme dang good players that would benefit from that.

• Agree 1