1/22/23 GAMEDAY THREAD Divisional Playoffs Bills vs. Bengals

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

Kind of, but you lost Miller a while back and have adjusted. We lost 3 starters on the oline the last 3 games.  

And my comment was to magnify the impact those losses have for today. Von is great but I'm not sure he would put the Bills over the top. Our oline and him healthy would probably result in a pick em, IMHO.

Okay

10 minutes ago, Caesar said:

If we had our oline, we win this game.  It would be race but our WR's would beat your crippled secondary, the passing would open up some rushing yards, and our D would cause more FG's than TDs.

With no oline, it will take a hero game from Burrow for Cincy to win.  Bills DBs do not have to cover for long, we most likely will not be able to run any of our deep posts or deep outs.  Our run game has been terrible for weeks.  The backups on the right side of our line are not good run blockers so it wont get much better.

Our defense is much like the Bills, a bit of bend dont break, keep the other team out of the end zone.  But without sustained drives and points Allen will wear this defense down.  

I could see a 7-10 point Bills win.  

Again, this feels like standard issue defensive pessimism. I should know.

The bills active game day roster could yield exceptionally similar rationale for a loss.

7 minutes ago, Caesar said:

As to passing that should give the Bengals an advantage.  What is easier to catch; a tight spiral grooved right into the bread basket or a M110 155mm Projectile with flames coming in at 200 mph?

All depends on the field conditions really.  If snow starts to accumulate a little on the field with temps above freezing, it turns into a slushy mess, which will affect receiver's cutting and can really mess up routes dependent on timing.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 3