1/22/23 GAMEDAY THREAD Divisional Playoffs Bills vs. Bengals

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, wppete said:

Damn Daquan Jone being out really hurts. Hopefully Jordan Phillips is fully healthy and he dominates today. He is going to be hyped today. He brings the juice!!!

Let’s hope he doesn’t hurt himself celebrating a sack in the 1st quarter. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

We won 13 games without most of our starting secondary. Unsung heroes on that defense have made plays to get us to this point.

All everyone can talk about is Josh Allen's turnovers, but they ignore the avalanche of big plays that he makes with only 3/5 of our offensive line being solid starters in Dawkins, Saffold and Morse. So you may be down 3, but we have been doing it with an offensive line that should have been fixed 2 years ago.

At least your oline has played together and in the same positions.  We are a mess.

This fascination with Allen's turnovers is hype, the guy still passed for over 350 yds, 3 TDs and rushed for another 20.  Bengals fans are more concerned about what the guy can do, not tipped passes or strip sacks, whatever.  We will NOT blitz much at all, unlike Miami who seemed to sell out on every play.

Edited by Caesar
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

DaQuan Jones inactive is huge for us.

5 active DE is unusual

I think we're going to see a serious DE rotation today to try and wear out those tackles.  With Carman making his first start of the season at LT, they are going to keep him always facing fresh legs.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

We won 13 games without most of our starting secondary. Unsung heroes on that defense have made plays to get us to this point.

All everyone can talk about is Josh Allen's turnovers, but they ignore the avalanche of big plays that he makes with only 3/5 of our offensive line being solid starters in Dawkins, Saffold and Morse. So you may be down 3, but we have been doing it with an offensive line that should have been fixed 2 years ago.

I think you mean Bates.

5 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Son, you are not hurting my feelings.  Feel free to mingle with Bills mafia.  I was just a tad concerned with your welfare. 

Thank you sir, I've fought in Fallujah, I like my chances here.  

• Like (+1) 1

Jones out doesn't help, but cmon enough whining.

Bengals have 3/5 of their starting oline OUT.  Their starting dimeback OUT, and  Hendrickson playing with 1 hand (broken wrist).

Time for Tim Settle and other dlinemen to step up.  Big/evenly matched game like this, gonna come down to which offense executes the best (TDs instead of FGs. key turnovers, S/T play).  

Home game in January, LFG!!!

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Is Jones the NG and Oliver the DT3 on the Bills dline?

One of them.  Jones and Settle are the 1TDT, Oliver and Phillips the 3TDT.

Of the two (Settle and Jones) Jones is the bigger stud and has been getting 70% of the snaps.

In theory, Jordan Phillips is HUGE and should be able to play 1TDT but it’s not his thing.  We have also used Oliver at 1T last season but it limits his best skill.

Both Oliver and especially Jordan Phillips are playing through injury - Oliver hasn’t been on the report for weeks but he’s playing with a brace on.

5 DE is new, will be interesting to see what Frazier has in mind there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I think we're going to see a serious DE rotation today to try and wear out those tackles.  With Carman making his first start of the season at LT, they are going to keep him always facing fresh legs.

Carmen is big with long arms, good run blocker. In pass sets he must win early, bull rush is not as effective as speed or spins as Carmen has really bad footwork.  There is a reason we immediately converted him to guard upon drafting last season.  Thinking about the kid on island vs Rousseau isnt a great feeling.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wondering if they will be moving Rousseau or basham inside some. Pressure up the middle is more impactful to burrow 

I had that thought myself.  Both Oliver and Phillips can play 1T (don’t like to, but can)

They might spend some time there with Rousseau or Basham rotating inside

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Carmen is big with long arms, good run blocker. In pass sets he must win early, bull rush is not as effective as speed or spins as Carmen has really bad footwork.  There is a reason we immediately converted him to guard upon drafting last season.  Thinking about the kid on island vs Rousseau isnt a great feeling.

Groot usually lines up on the other side, but I can see him moving around some this game to try and get good matchups.

Edited by Billz4ever