1/22/23 GAMEDAY THREAD Divisional Playoffs Bills vs. Bengals

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

The Bengals have faired well vs running QBs, but none that could pass like Josh.  Lamar is extremely talented but it was very to easy to have 2 spies at a time.  Josh is a real problem for the Bengals, but I am less concerned about QB designed runs as I am him just taking off.  Either way it isnt good for us.

Lamar is talented. But again half issues with Roman. As well as cannot compare Lamar. Two different QBs.  Allen hoping on today he is amazing when on . 

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So Phillips is active, eh? 
👍

Looking that way but he's played with the bum shoulder before and just isn't very effective since he can barely lift that arm.  I have no idea if it's actually true or not, but it's rumored he's got a torn labrum, which does make sense for as many weeks as he's been dealing with it.  

Here's to hoping he's feeling good and can be the factor we know he can be.

4 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Holy cow, these pre-game shows are just about unwatchable.

I usually don't get to watch them, so have always thought I was missing out on things.  Nope!

Yes I watching NFLN. All Burrow and Chase and JAs turnovers. I guess they deserve it. I trust 2021-22 Playoff Josh and Gabe show up today. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, WMDman said:

guys I'm.....NERVOUS 

20 minutes ago, Process said:

First time all year I'm nervous before a game. I'm as confident as ever and think we win by multiple scores, just really not ready for the season to end lol.

17 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Me too!  I am starting to calm down a little though.  I was real bad when I woke up a few hours ago.  Usually I am fine.  I was even fine for the Chiefs divisional game last year.

I guess for me its the unkown.  I know what to expect when we play the Chiefs because we play them so much.  We rarely play the Bengals.

17 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

Very

You guys kill me.... try being a Bengals fan, coming into Orchard Park vs Josh Allen is bad enough, but we have a 3rd string guard at left tackle, a 4th round rookie at left guard, a waiver claim backup at right guard, and a back up who played guard last season at right tackle.

We literally have no idea what happens today, last season with a crap oline our playbook was severely condensed - no 5 step pass schemes whatsoever.  The only long balls were go routes vs man press, no team allows that this year.  We may be back to the limited plays strategy again.  

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, NI Bills Fan said:

Need a big game from Tim Settle too.  No Jones is a blow for sure.

Go Bills. Weve got this!

I actually think of Jones as our defensive MVP, allowing the other ten to do what they do. That said, I like Settle and am optimistic he is up to the challenge.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

You guys kill me.... try being a Bengals fan, coming into Orchard Park vs Josh Allen is bad enough, but we have a 3rd string guard at left tackle, a 4th round rookie at left guard, a waiver claim backup at right guard, and a back up who played guard last season at right tackle.

We literally have no idea what happens today, last season with a crap oline our playbook was severely condensed - no 5 step pass schemes whatsoever.  The only long balls were go routes vs man press, no team allows that this year.  We may be back to the limited plays strategy again.  

Our dline looks slim ( with Jones out heck of a player) and safety spot.  Poyer playing injuried. 

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

Yes I watching NFLN. All Burrow and Chase and JAs turnovers. I guess they deserve it. I trust 2021-22 Playoff Josh and Gabe show up today. 

Yeah according to national media we should even play the game 

just put burrow against Mahomes it’s set