1/22/23 GAMEDAY THREAD Divisional Playoffs Bills vs. Bengals

Chandler#81

11 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

That’s not the correct way to think about cap numbers. Realize that while all other costs are increasing, Allen’s cost is stable. So Allen’s cost has relatively decreased. 

Let’s say Allen has a cap hit of $40 million, and the cap is $200 million.  He’s taking 20% of cap, and that leaves 80% for the rest of the team. 

But if cap goes up to $300 million, and Allen hit stays the same (that’s the key component of the analysis), then it’s 13% of total, leaving 87% for the rest of the team. 

This is mathematically true but players will want a higher proportion of money down the road then when Josh signed.  This might negate the savings differential. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

11 minutes ago, Big C said:

He’s worn on me too. To be fair I think his business is built around actionable data for betting which is not something I care about. His editorializing on Twitter has been really bad though.

Yeah, I should also clarify I’m really referring to his tweets. 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

This is mathematically true but players will want a higher proportion of money down the road then when Josh signed.  This might negate the savings differential. 

You guys are both correct in your assessments.  The new TV and YouTube contracts are over $100B thru the next 10 years. It will be interesting to see how much goes to the Cap and the increase per position group.  Obviously QB & WR have exploded, LB just signed a $100M....

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

16-2 when Josh gets 10+ carries.

This is funny to me because it sounds like the Bills use Allen to run out the clock, which of course isn’t the case. It’s just a testament to how effective he is as a runner and how often it directly correlates to winning.