1/22/23 GAMEDAY THREAD Divisional Playoffs Bills vs. Bengals

Chandler#81

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nerves are out of control!!

Jam the Bengals receivers and run under everything. The back(s) and te(s) will need to help in pass pro. They’ll just become check down options. Attack and they won’t have time to make big plays. If that happens the Bills win the game. This is a big Ed Oliver game.

I keep talking to myself on this. Who don't we need this week?  What area of the game is least important? It's weird because that maybe like backers. 

18 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Today is my youngest sons second birthday. He just opened his gifts and got a Bills football. He’s now running around the house with it and saying “buff-a-wo” over and over. 

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

How odd! So am I!

I think the average Bills fan, after some Bourbon / Beer, have found ourselves holding a football running around the house prattling about something Bills related.

There is a lot of time between now and kickoff so I speculate many laps will be run around our homes today.

Go Bills!

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Why do I seem so content about this game? Anyone else? 

I never thought we were going to blow out the Dolphins.  I definitely didn’t think it would be that close, but all the talk on pregame sounded wayyyy too reminiscent of what we heard before the Jets/Wilson game.  

This game.. I feel confident we will win and it won’t be a nail biter.   Of course, as we get closer to 3, I’ll be all nerves. 

I just feel that McDermott and Frazier realize that it’s time their defense steps up in the playoffs.  Yes, Von and Hyde are out.. it’s not ideal.. but they are facing a team with a decimated OL, and not just decimated, but recently decimated.  I also feel our secondary is in a much, much better spot than they were a month ago.  

Combine our improved secondary play and their OL issues .. and I’m ready for a very good Defensive performance against a top offense in the playoffs, finally.  

I just feel like they understand the moment .. or maybe, I just feel they’re due. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

Just now, SCBills said:

I never thought we were going to blow out the Dolphins.  I definitely didn’t think it would be that close, but all the talk on pregame sounded wayyyy too reminiscent of what we heard before the Jets/Wilson game.  

It should have been an EASY blowout! They had a 3rd. String QB!

Badly mismanaged trying to get a quick score up 17-0, rather than one more punishing drive to make it 24-0… crushing their spirit… over and out!

Much wiser choices need to happen today.

• Eyeroll 3

Maybe not a popular opinion, but I’m listening to pregame, and I’m getting a bit tired of how I need to respect Cincy and how we share this bond..

Ok, fine. 

They were chirping all week before our first game.  

Came out and tried to injure our QB on a dirty play and then did injure Taron Johnson.. on a dirty play. 

Now, they’re whining again.. all week.  

I don’t like that team.  I don’t respect that team.  I don’t care that we shared a moment.  

Shut. Them.  Up.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Can we please play a complete game for once?!! No shooting ourselves in the foot, No turnovers, no opening drive TD for the opponents, no drops and especially no coaching brain farts when the game is in the balance! Is all this too much to ask this season?

We have endured so much and how this team hasnt crumbled is a huge testament to them and the coaches. They have had huge success despite all the issues. If this was Hollywood, the script would be written for us to triumph in the SB. But unfortunately this team has to write its own happy ending and make sure it happens!

Also on a small side note, I would like to endure the game without having debilitating stress and headache and swearing obscenities in front of wife, children and pets!

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

My concern is the McFrazier defense having the corners 10 yards off the LOS…

Its too early for me to get as irrationally annoyed as I got just reading this.  

No way Frazier does this, right… RIGHT?

• Haha (+1) 3

I was reflecting on the season this morning, and what song sums it up for me.  Chumbawumba “Tubthumping” comes to mind.  The resiliency that this team and community have shown this season is right up there with the 90’s Bills’ teams.  Josh may want to stick to Sinatra today, but if everyone else listens to this, the team and crowd will be ready to run through a brick wall today.  I know they call him Joe Cool, but my gut is telling me Burrow is in for a rough day.  And I have not been drinking yet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1