1/22/23 GAMEDAY THREAD Divisional Playoffs Bills vs. Bengals

Chandler#81

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s Here! The Long and Winding road has brought us to the Divisional Playoffs at Home in a quasi-rematch with the reigning AFC Champion, Cincinnati Bengals. The teams QBs are among a small handful of the best players at the position and both feature additional star players throughout their rosters. 20 games in from the start of preseason have taken a toll on the rosters and only the healthiest players remain. But it’s at Home! In the waning days of the House that Ralph built. (Ok, WE did..) Another rare opportunity to be in the Conference Championship Game next weekend. Even with Locker cleaning day looming for the vanquished, We really couldn’t ask for more. It’s been a team goal from the very beginning and pursued with great effort. This includes the weight of a forlorned, 63 year franchise in a city that has never won a major Title and their ever faithful fans. Whether we Want to be or not, we’re ALL IN TODAY!

Good luck today   We’re all linked and this feels more invested as a season as I ever remember.  We’ve followed along with the whole “ process” , each year getting better , closer , until  Beane made a huge move to bring it home. This is supposed to be the final piece , but we’re still undermanned on the D side with Hyde/ Von sidelined today. But the game / chance to move on IS in Buffalo. It feels strange because even tho Vegas has us favored, every analyst is picking Cincy , probably based on that prior  first quarter and also our flaws last week. But they forget, we still keep winning as  has Cincy,   But things set up even better for us to advance to a neutral site for the opportunity to get back to the SB. It’s just one good hour of football to get that chance and today, emotions will be filling the stadium like the days of the 90’s  

I remember those days and the feeling of anxiety before each of those playoff games.  It feels that way when you know you have paid the dues as a team to get there ,  to keep advancing.   This team has paid the dues and never skipped the step of experiencing that pain of a loss on the way there. Cincy hasn’t paid that price yet. They skipped that step getting in last year and missed us by 13 seconds. Today those 13 seconds come due , it’s time to pay it in Buffalo. Today the process pays off and we take one more step to the SB. .  I’m nervous, but this is in Buffalo, and it’s where we don’t lose.    “ what’s more , we gotta it done! “     Yep, it’s time we have to do it.  Hope today is a great day , Go Bills! 

Edited by DrPJax
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Just hope he is healthy. Still a lot of strapping on him last week.

I am very nervous this morning. Both for Arsenal and for Buffalo. Huge day for both.

We don’t talk about no god dam Fooozeball around these parts

• Haha (+1) 3

• Simon pinned this topic

My take on Today:

Allen, Diggs, Davis, Knox vs. Bengals DB's including 2 replacement corners.

Great Josh needs to materialize

Bills OL vs. Bengals mostly solid DL, Hendrickson is a special talent.

Bills [expensive in terms of $ & draft choices] Pass Rush [w/o Von] against Bengals mostly replacement O-line

Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst, vs. Bills secondary.  Can Elam play at a high level two weeks in a row.  Is Poyer Healthy?

Can Hines add a special play on PR KR

If the weather is bad, is Bass-o-matic an advantage

McDermott, Dorsey, & Frazier need to have great games.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

I feel confident about this game. I think the Bills will win, and Elam, Shakir, Boogie and other youngsters will do fine. I'm only worried about one player: Dean Marlowe. He's the wildcard. I just hope the rest of the defense can make up for his play. (Yes, he intercepted a pass last week, but he admitted he was out of position and got lucky.) 

Even if they can't, I think Allen and the offense can. I think we're going to see a more powerful version of the Bills today than we've seen in a long time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bills have taken a lot of national press grief this week -even from those who appear to be fans of the team -Chris Sims, I’m looking at you😏 

But their DBs are either hurt or weak. Toasted Apple anyone?? I’m feeling Beas, Shakir and Big Game Gabe will making double covering Diggs a fatal exercise and looking forward to it and Allen’s best performance to date. 
GO BILLS!

3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Today is my youngest sons second birthday. He just opened his gifts and got a Bills football. He’s now running around the house with it and saying “buff-a-wo” over and over. 

Bills by a billion. 

How odd! So am I!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nerves are out of control!!

Jam the Bengals receivers and run under everything. The back(s) and te(s) will need to help in pass pro. They’ll just become check down options. Attack and they won’t have time to make big plays. If that happens the Bills win the game. This is a big Ed Oliver game.

We don't jam WRs. We let them run their routes and hope for the best lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Delayed start to the drive up due to unexpected urgent care visit with kiddo in middle of the night (all good now). 2 hrs from the stadium now and nerves are amping up

I’m about ready to drive to Oxford to move my son back into the dorm. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I’m about ready to drive to Oxford to move my son back into the dorm. 

My son and I agreed he’d go back a day early (yesterday) so we could both watch uninterrupted. 

Going today (Rochester to Oberlin) I’d have hit game day traffic both ways. 

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 1