Travis Kelce... is open on every play

Inigo Montoya

Kelce is open on every damn play.  Not a step on the defender open, but no one within five yards of him open. 

Kelce is obviously a fantastic football player with an incredible mix of size and athleticism, but what you see on the field with Kelce is the value of Andy Reid off the field.  Reid is able to scheme that guy open a hundred different ways.  He is the focal point of the Chiefs' offense, he is the one guy the defense absolutely has to cover, and he is still running wide open all over the field.   

Dorsey needs to shamelessly steal every one of Andy Reid's designed Kelce plays and put them in his playbook.  Run them with Knox, run them with Diggs.  I don't care who you run them with, if they have five yards of empty turf around them, the play is going to move the sticks.  

If imitation is the highest from of flattery, Dorsey needs to start blowing some sunshine up Andy's prodigious backside ASAP.

• Like (+1) 17
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Kelce is open on every damn play.  Not a step on the defender open, but no one within five yards of him open. 

Kelce is obviously a fantastic football player with an incredible mix of size and athleticism, but what you see on the field with Kelce is the value of Andy Reid off the field.  Reid is able to scheme that guy open a hundred different ways.  He is the focal point of the Chiefs' offense, he is the one guy the defense absolutely has to cover, and he is still running wide open all over the field.   

Dorsey needs to shamelessly steal every one of Andy Reid's designed Kelce plays and put them in his playbook.  Run them with Knox, run them with Diggs.  I don't care who you run them with, if they have five yards of empty turf around them, the play is going to move the sticks.  

If imitation is the highest from of flattery, Dorsey needs to start blowing some sunshine up Andy's prodigious backside ASAP.

Mahomes thrives in the short/quick passing game.  Allen/Dorsey refuse to do it 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

If it was that easy as “copying” wouldn’t every team be doing it? 

It is a copy cat league.  I think the Bills have the skill players to do it.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

It is a copy cat league.  I think the Bills have the skill players to do it.  

So what’s stopping them ? Kelce has been kicking their ass for years…

Im more worried how the Bills stop him next week ( if they win of course… I’m. not looking past the Bengals ) 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, balln said:

It’s the combo of Reid and mahommes 

mahommes is much more consistently accurate short to intermediate to allow these schemes to work 

Do you really not know how to spell Mahomes, after all this time?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

So what’s stopping them ? Kelce has been kicking their ass for years…

Im more worried how the Bills stop him next week ( if they win of course… I’m. not looking past the Bengals ) 

That’s exactly my question, what’s stopping them?

Some of that is Kelce, no argument, but a lot of that is also scheme.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Kelce is the greatest TE of all time

You're not going to get similar results w Knox no matter how many plays you steal 

Would you be happy with 75% of Kelce’s production?  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Kelce was open all the time when they played us earlier this season.

The Bills won that game.

So you don’t think Dorsey should shoplift some of Reid’s most successful plays then?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.