Patrick Mahomes ankle injury

HOUSE

10 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

He'll play and I'm not sure he'll be that limited. 

He will be extremely limited. It will be much worse a week out than it was right after it happened. Once the adrenaline of the game wears off, the right tape job and the shoe comes off that's going to swell like a grapefruit.

Going to be very hard for him to do anything requiring mobility or him being able to drive the ball.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

More than anything, Reid's schematic ability and their offensive line make me think they will be able to mitigate the impact of this. 

Perhaps I should have said I am skeptical that we can regularly force them into situations where ankle limitations become apparent. I miss Von.

Edited by NickelCity
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What year was it that he had the turf toe or whatever and the whole week was drama about whether he would play. Or the year he had the concussion and same thing. It’s always something and he always plays. But to think he will be 100% is another story and the chiefs will need him to be against either cincy or bills. These are the 2 teams they are 1-5 against in last 2 years with the 1 win as narrow as it gets.

It was 2020 that he had the concussion and the turf toe at the same time. The concussion was the concern of whether he may not play but of course he cleared and the rest is history.

This high ankle sprain is going to make it very hard on the Chiefs going forward. Cover Kelce with as much man-power as you can because Mahomes won’t be able to extend the play wait for mediocre receivers to eventually come open like he has.

Whoever wins this game has the weakest Chiefs team since 2017 in its way to the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

More than anything, Reid's schematic ability and their offensive line make me think they will be able to mitigate the impact of this. 

Perhaps I should have said I am skeptical that we can regularly force them into situations where ankle limitations become apparent. I miss Von.

If it were that easy he’d never be scrambling or throwing off base. It’s the nfl. We have good pass rushers even if not elite. 

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If it were that easy he’d never be scrambling or throwing off base. It’s the nfl. We have good pass rushers even if not elite. 

At least we found out that “not covering Travis Kelce” is not the game plan to use with a hobbled Mahomes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.