Patrick Mahomes ankle injury

HOUSE

7 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Jags could not generate any pressure in the second half.

Of course Mahomes was checking down, but I don’t remember him getting touched really the rest of the game. 

I was told they were better without Tyreek Hill.

But honestly though I agree, they don’t have as high of a top gear , but still the Jags showed if you make mistakes - dropped bomb, dropped interception, leaky protection and you’ll lose.

You can’t turn the ball over and expect to beat that team you just can’t

36 minutes ago, Nebillzfan said:

The jags should have kept rushing him and make him put weight on that ankle. They seem to let up a bit. 

It was almost as if word went out at halftime that Mahomes was not to be touched if he came back in. 

• Agree 1

I had a cyst in my knee burst a few years ago, massive calf swelling and hurt like the dickens.  Toradol didn't touch the pain.  Ice and elevation helped more.

Of course I didn't have to think about playing a meaningful football game in 8 days.

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

I had a cyst in my knee burst a few years ago, massive calf swelling and hurt like the dickens.  Toradol didn't touch the pain.  Ice and elevation helped more.

Of course I didn't have to think about playing a meaningful football game in 8 days.

I didn't need this breakfast anyhow.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

I doubt it will have a huge effect on him next week. 

He looked very hampered in moving against the Jags. I think it will impact his performance. Either Bills or Bengals will game plan against it. Very much limits his off script “magic” plays like throw sidearmed or underhand which apparently no qb in the history of the nfl has pulled off other than him.
Also,hopefully the reffing will be a bit more balanced against the new Brady. Winner today can expect some calls swinging in PM favor. Particularly now since he’s a martyr 😂.. or he didn’t like Henne’s 98 yard drive 😎

What year was it that he had the turf toe or whatever and the whole week was drama about whether he would play. Or the year he had the concussion and same thing. It’s always something and he always plays. But to think he will be 100% is another story and the chiefs will need him to be against either cincy or bills. These are the 2 teams they are 1-5 against in last 2 years with the 1 win as narrow as it gets.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

High ankle sprain...plans to play next week...will be severly limited.

Will be worse than this week when he still has the shoe on, and it was taped up really well and had the adrenaline of the game.

Now it will have swelled up and become unstable...probably will have to stay in the pocket and will likely short arm some throws.

https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes-leaves-222326739.html

Patrick Mahomes sustained a right high ankle sprain against the Jaguars. He left for most of the second quarter and returned after halftime.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.