Patrick Mahomes ankle injury

HOUSE

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

As I recall, Mahomes had a sprained ankle or knee when he made the Bills defense look silly in the AFCC game two years ago…I’m not getting my hopes up yet.

Concussion.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/playoffs/2021/01/17/chiefs-overcome-injury-patrick-mahomes-beat-browns-nfl-playoffs/4199854001/

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yiu said any QB can play with Andy.  Any one of them could win a SB and mult consecutive divisional games ?

Andy did take the Eagles to 4 consecutive NFC Championships as well and a SB. He has a pretty good history of making QB's look good. McNabb, Vick, Folk, Smith, and now Mahomes.

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

In terms of Mahomes injury, he’s not getting GABBA, he’s not getting a TAP block for an ankle, and maybe they toss him some Tylenol. Not sure why the use of toradol in this situation is controversial to you considering it’s short term analgesic potential but whatever Mahomes will play next week and be somewhat hobbled.

I had a lot of toradol in the hospital after an amputation. 800mg gaba x 3/day as part of phantom pain control. Obviously diff situations but i didnt feel like toradol touched my pain. Also gaba feels very weak, and side effect free. Like itd be a medicine most could take without side effects.

My question i guess is, would either of these even touch that pain level, and even if they would, are you saying a dr couldnt justify giving those for his pain. I imagine theyd gladlly throw it at him, no big deal, in hopes they can dodge opiates.

Am i off base and these two are something a dr isnt giving out for short term pain?

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

McNabb was washed up his last 2 years (off the Eagles).   Plus he wasn’t “any QB”— he was the 2nd overall pick.  Mult NFCC appearances.  No ring.

Mahomes is starter and immediately 5000 yards and 50 TDs.  4 AFCC in a row 2 SB and a ring.

Yea seemed like McNabb didn't have enough weapons.  He had T.O. for a little while but don't remember any other players he had on those teams.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

You don’t need to be an internet doctor to know that isn’t going to feel very good tomorrow and probably next weekend either.

And really does Patrick or the Chiefs wanna ignore maybe additional injury because he's not able to escape as he normally could.  Seems a bad gamble on his part.  Reports that there will be more testing done to be sure there is any damage that wasn't shown on initial tests.

9 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

And really does Patrick or the Chiefs wanna ignore maybe additional injury because he's not able to escape as he normally could.  Seems a bad gamble on his part.  Reports that there will be more testing done to be sure there is any damage that wasn't shown on initial tests.

they don’t care. He’ll play, and play well. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.