Patrick Mahomes ankle injury

HOUSE

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

If we make it past Cinci. If I’m a defender I’m taking the 15 yard penalty and going right after Mahomes bad ankle. Take him out of the game completely and potentially ruin next season for him. It might be dirty but sometimes you gotta win dirty 

And you'd probably be one of the first people to cry foul if the Chiefs pulled that stunt

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

In terms of Mahomes injury, he’s not getting GABBA, he’s not getting a TAP block for an ankle, and maybe they toss him some Tylenol. Not sure why the use of toradol in this situation is controversial to you considering it’s short term analgesic potential but whatever Mahomes will play next week and be somewhat hobbled.

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

it’s not controversial at all.  

It's not an issue, this is just WEO's schtick:

Absolutely no one:

WEO: That's not correct and I know better than you!

Everyone: 

Confused Little Girl GIF

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

If we make it past Cinci. If I’m a defender I’m taking the 15 yard penalty and going right after Mahomes bad ankle. Take him out of the game completely and potentially ruin next season for him. It might be dirty but sometimes you gotta win dirty 

Worked for the Ravens and Tony Siragusa.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Does anybody think the NFL has the guts to drug test Mahommes during the week to ensure he's not geting any "assistance" to help in his healing?

He could go full TB12 method x 5 and it wouldn’t make a difference in a week. It’s the weak ligaments and swelling/pain/stiffness that will impact him next Sunday. Sure longer term a bit of growth hormone and test would help recovery 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Does anybody think the NFL has the guts to drug test Mahommes during the week to ensure he's not geting any "assistance" to help in his healing?

don't think that's a thing.  He's not gonna play well on opioids and they're not going to help much more than legal treatments for his pain.  Besides that. I don't think he'd agree to it.  Too much to lose.  I think he'll play if he doesn't have a wrecked ACL but he won't be anywhere near 100%.  Mahomes at 70% is still damn good tho.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Dang. What's wrong with you? It's just a game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

He was a project.  Everyone said he was a project, even Kiper who loved the pick.

He was supposed to sit for 1 year.  Everyone expected him to sit for 1 year, even Kiper who loved the pick.

…he sat for about 15 minutes in career game 1.

Looking back no one ever brings that up except us.

Josh Allen was never sitting for a year…game or two, maybe

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

I am not comparing Mahomes to Mcnabb😂

I guess you missed it twice when I said Mahomes Is great.

Mahomes is an amazing QB. Top 2 in the league , hands down.

But I am saying he does benefit from having the best offensive mind in football.

Do you not agree with that?

He doesn't know what he agrees with. He's just a contrarian. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Mahomes got caught trying to extend a play and throwing the ball off platform and surprise was sandwiched between two defenders. If Mahomes was more balanced it’s doubtful he is injured there. This is as much on Mahomes throwing off balance with a weak base than it is some defender maliciously targeting his leg. It’s unfortunate but he’s lucky to have survived major injury. 

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Mahomes got caught trying to extend a play and throwing the ball off platform and surprise was sandwiched between two defenders. If Mahomes was more balanced it’s doubtful he is injured there. This is as much on Mahomes throwing off balance with a weak base than it is some defender maliciously targeting his leg. It’s unfortunate but he’s lucky to have survived major injury. 

agree, x that he might not have missed a major injury.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.