McCarthy Plans To Cut Debt By Gutting Funds For Veterans

Tiberius

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

The debt ceiling will be increased.

Elections have consequences, and there seems to be no end to writing checks that future taxpayers will have to cover.

It is completely responsible for Congress to enforce spending limits.

That is their job, among others.

It is completely irresponsible to allow the Executive to write these checks way beyond it's Constitutional authority, ie, student loan elimination.

It is time to get back to having our government's three branches doing what they were intended to do.

The debt ceiling should be abolished. It serves no purpose other than to put the economy at risk.

It doesn’t limit spending, it just allows us to pay for bills that we’ve already incurred.

This is simply Congress not being accountable for its own actions and trying to pass the buck. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

The debt ceiling should be abolished. It serves no purpose other than to put the economy at risk.

It doesn’t limit spending, it just allows us to pay for bills that we’ve already incurred.

This is simply Congress not being accountable for its own actions and trying to pass the buck. 

The debt ceiling already is essentially abolished, and that should be apparent to any rational citizen.

What the existing process does is force some minimal level of discussion on spending future taxpayer funds, 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

The debt ceiling already is essentially abolished, and that should be apparent to any rational citizen.

What the existing process does is force some minimal level of discussion on spending future taxpayer funds, 

The debt ceiling clearly has not been abolished. 

If the debt ceiling was abolished, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

If the debt ceiling was abolished, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

I am fully aware of the status of this thing.

I said it was "essentially" abolished since there is no question that the ceiling is not really a ceiling, since it's constantly changed.

What it does do is provide a very minor speed bump that forces the branches to at least have a discussion during this mindless spending into oblivion.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 1/22/2023 at 7:08 AM, Tiberius said:

Will the GOP provide Biden with cover over this documents flap by actually threatening a debt fight?? 

You know in some respects i really wish they would & send every one of their asses to the house with out pay & like other companies stop paying out exorbitant retirement benefits to all those that did mostly nothing while they were in office but cause more debt .

That and cut down on all these BS which hunts & committees for every freakin thing from what color to use in footy pebbles to what ever else they can dream up ...

Just let the states run them selves stop the spending on the BS that they do that is & has been for a long time just freakin ridiculous & should but never will be stopped because they say that they can't default on the debt .

Well don't default on it here's a few things they can do to help . STOP SPENDING MORE AND MORE MONEY EVERY TIME YOU TURN AROUND . 

Then bring some of the troops home from places around the world that they don't need to be & build some military bases on the border to secure it so that pay is staying here . Oh and when you leave a c country rather than leaving all of the American equipment behind of the terrorists sell it to other countries like Ukraine if that's what they want to do i would rather see them use it than the Taliban .

But as long as the mind set stays where it is & where it has been for ever the US will NEVER see a balanced budget because they are over qualified in incompetence & have been and will not be held accountable in any way for that because the entitlement mentality of the country & political stupidity rules every day in the US .

• Like (+1) 1

Democrats starting to do the debt ceiling squirm

BEEGE WELBORN

A couple of days ago I posted about how Kevin McCarthy had gotten the framework for a debt ceiling bill banged out with his fractious bunch of coconuts. In a speech given at the New York Stock Exchange, the Speaker put forth the meat of the GOP proposals, said they would have a bill to vote on “in weeks,” and, again, asked the president to please meet in good faith negotiations.

The answer was the classic Democrat MAGA MAGA MAGA boilerplate from both Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and the White House toadie they rolled out to talk to the press, as POTATUS had called a 9 a.m. lid that day.

It’s been quite a while since Biden met with McCarthy over something he supposedly finds so critical.

Joe Manchin ripped Biden up and gave McCarthy props for continuing to work on a solution that would both raise the ceiling and start to peel back the out-of-control spending that’s been indulged too much and too often.

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2023/04/21/dems-starting-to-do-the-debt-ceiling-squirm-n545520

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Tiberius changed the title to McCarthy Plans To Cut Debt By Gutting Funds For Veterans
1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

😂 that sounds like a thing a politician would propose. 

what’s the real story? Proposed a 22% reduction in the projected increase in spending on mandatory Veteran gender studies training?  

Are you suggesting politicians would misrepresent the facts and figures in order to portray the opposition as evil and uncaring?  Who would have thought?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/26/2023 at 10:24 AM, BillStime said:

Well it costs much ore to fix somebodies F ups than it does to implement something just like now the prior administration had the southern border in much better shape only if i remember 458000 crossing in 2021 .

But now Biden because of repealing the previous administrations laws & basically opening the border has some 2.76 MILLION crossings and Mayorcas has just turned in his budget for 2023 which has increased to add another 1300 border agents just to regain control of the southern border instead of leaving well enough alone .

So this could be a part of why the previous administration had to spend so much money to fix the screw ups from the Obama era which the border was just one of . Giving all that money to Iran to build nukes, opening up domestic drilling again to produce more oil, putting tariffs on China to level the playing field for usable goods so Chinese products cost the same as Made in America products instead of flooding the US with cheap manufactured garbage like the kids toys that had some toxins in them .

So yah it costs much more to clean up a mess & once Joe is done there will need to be even more money spent to clean up the crap he's done which if he would just use a little common sense he may have been able to avoid some of his major blunders like the highest inflation in history , the Afghanistan blunder, highest fuel costs in years, over spending at every turn .

You think the previous administration spending was higher than Obama's why don't you research how much more Joe has spent because he's only in 2 1/2 yrs & is blowing the top off the deficit & is setting spending records over either of the past 2 POTUS to be the worst of all time . 

On 4/21/2023 at 4:54 PM, BillStime said:

Hey your the ultimate Bills fan coming here to post your love for the Bills team even having the name Billstime because of your ultimate fandom of our beloved team What would you think if the US gov't had like the NFL & the Bills do a gov't salary cap ?

I think that would be a awesome thing seeing as the budget thing has went straight to hell & is a joke !!

Given your immense fanatical fandom for the team & the NFL which i know of due to how many posts we read of yours about football in general you should tell us how the implementation of a gov't salary cap would benefit all those involved so that this would be 1 less thing they would have to waste their time on discussing .

I await your reply with baited breath your football fan analogy please Mr. Billstime ...

On 2/1/2023 at 9:41 AM, ChiGoose said:

Good. The debt ceiling is dumb and threatening to breach it for political reasons is even dumber. Don’t negotiate with hostage takers and let the American public see that the GOP wants to tank the US economy. 

I'd say seeing as both sides are responsible for the debt which they have both been more than TOTALLY IRRESPONSIBLE about the debt there is plenty of blame to go around and if the current president doesn't want to negotiate to do less spending then what does that say . IRRESPONSIBLE !!

Since the gold standard was done away with which was the most ignorant thing the gov't probably has ever done this game gets played by both sides if i remember correctly Schumer & the likes of the other minions did the same BS the Trump was in office !

So unless you want to include the incompetence of both sides take your narrative & stick it in your A** because both sides have pulled the same thing it's just that now you can use it to your personal political benefit because you voted for the num nuts that's now in charge ...

That's the one thing i just love one does something wrong & they are the biggest A** hole ever & your guy does the same things but that's just Oh well that's okay . WTF !!! 

1 hour ago, T master said:

Hey your the ultimate Bills fan coming here to post your love for the Bills team even having the name Billstime because of your ultimate fandom of our beloved team What would you think if the US gov't had like the NFL & the Bills do a gov't salary cap ?

I think that would be a awesome thing seeing as the budget thing has went straight to hell & is a joke !!

Given your immense fanatical fandom for the team & the NFL which i know of due to how many posts we read of yours about football in general you should tell us how the implementation of a gov't salary cap would benefit all those involved so that this would be 1 less thing they would have to waste their time on discussing .

I await your reply with baited breath your football fan analogy please Mr. Billstime ...

Why would you waste your time typing so much garbage?

On 1/22/2023 at 10:38 AM, BillStime said:

Imagine that 

This is the kind of thing you tell people whose education is not above a 5th grade level- and hope they don’t figure out the joke…😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/21/2023 at 8:40 AM, ChiGoose said:

why does the left want to abolish everything?

you abolished having to shower and leave the house a few years. you abolished having to find a bathroom to take a $h/+ in your cities. you abolished anyone slowing you down when you take stuff from all the stores.

lets mellow out on the abolishing for a bit. 

no, i hear what your saying. isnt this litterally the only time where our politicians have to even think about money spent or deficits? i agree its pointless but still nice that they have to pretend they give a F with a tiny bit of urgency on the line. lord knows they want to be dead before any real reprocussions truly hit. not getting mail for a few days and suddenly everyone has a meltdown. i like the shock to the system while they pretend to compromise.

• Dislike 1