Jaguars @ Chiefs Sat 4:30 PM NBC

Bogie_Klinkhammer

I am kind of glad Josh is not getting as much of this ball washing that they are piling on Mahomes.

Can kind of see why it is a turn-off.

Seems like everytime they really preasures Mahomes he found Kelce, so you know what you have to take away to make him hold the ball a bit longer.

6 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Not sure Mah9mes will be playing in AFCCG.  Depends how his injured ankle responds to treatment.  

No way he doesn't play.  I'm sure the swelling, etc. tomorrow will not be good at all, and playing the 2nd half didn't do his ankle any favors.  But, they get one extra day of rest and I'm sure he'll rehab it.  He probably will be limited some this week in practice, but probably doesn't need much practice based on the familiarity he has with both the Bills and Chiefs in the last couple of years.

Just now, WideNine said:

I am kind of glad Josh is not getting as much of this ball washing that they are piling on Mahomes.

Can kind of see why it is a turn-off.

Seems like everytime they really preasures Mahomes he found Kelce, so you know what you have to take away to make him hold the ball a bit longer.

Similar to Bengals. Burrow stares down Chase on money downs. Mahomes targets Kelce big downs.

• Agree 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
Just now, Augie said:

They said he did. Required before they’d let him back. 

that’s what I thought.  Not out of the realm of possibility that they do another set after the swelling goes down and “find” a break. 

16 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Boy that number one seed is nice …. Beat the jags….  in the AFCC. I hope we knock off both KC -CIN, Then beat Dallas in Super Bowl. That would kill 3 birds with one bazooka. GO Bills 

I like this, but would rather be the first to beat Purdy. Just to be different. Tons of trans have had Dak choke for them. 

Edited by WyoAZBillfan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah, but Kermit will be out there. He’ll be less effective- we’ll see how much.

Mahomes ability to evade the pass rush in the pocket has killed many team. He won’t be able to get much of any push off that right ankle. He will still be dangerous but he will be not close to 100%. Allen has a lingering elbow injury. There are no excuses. The stars are aligning.

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

WHO do you think the Chiefs would rather play the Bangles or Bills ? 

Really don't care who they do or don't prefer to play far as I'm concerned the Bills will take care of business tomorrow at home then they will take out the trash in Atlanta and then win the first of the Bills SBs. And there will be plenty from Allen led Bills teams.  They won't need any replicas in the locker room as they will have the real thing soon.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Don’t most players miss weeks with high ankle sprains? He is going to be in rough shape when he wakes up tomorrow.

I think it's a regular ankle sprain not high ankle.  And they would rest him if it were regular season I'm sure.  

I could be wrong but I'd be shocked.

Just now, L Ron Burgundy said:

I think it's a regular ankle sprain not high ankle.  And they would rest him if it were regular season I'm sure.  

I could be wrong but I'd be shocked.

Player fell on outside of Mahomes ankle and his ankle bent outwards. That’s a classic high ankle sprain. The question is if it’s Grade 1 2 or 3. By the looks of it likely grade 1 or 2. 

1 minute ago, BRH said:

There will be a different defensive game plan when the DC knows the QB is limited.  Jacksonville likely wasn’t able to adjust to the gift they were given.  A week of practice will make a difference.

Exactly. If a team overloads and rushes from Mahomes left he will be having to peddle backwards planting and pushing off that right ankle.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.