Jaguars @ Chiefs Sat 4:30 PM NBC

HOUSE

1 minute ago, Simon said:

That was large; he's got to bring that ball in.

Immediately reminded me of the Shakir play.. slight difference being Allen’s was in the basket and Shakir just could corral it enough going to the ground.  

Kirk’s was a straight up drop on a pass a bit in front. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

the female journalist has Fabulous wardrobe on. Gorgeous coat,  beret and black leather gloves . She is a TEN just sayin'

Back off.  I have 15,000 DMs into her and she just hasn’t had time to reply.  But she’s spoken for.  

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Personally I hope Andy plays him the 2nd half &  the Jags beat on him some more.  Just soften him up a bit for the ATL trip.

My guess … they roll with Henne unless Jax forces the issue and takes the lead. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Wow. Thanks sir! I learned something on TBD today!

There are a lot of basic principles people don't grasp with football. Frazier is basic and people don't grasp that. They like fancy things. Then again, 20-25 years ago people loved the whole Tampa2 defense and everyone said it was a fad. In a passing league it was bound to take over. It is what we run.

Cover 0 means no deep safety to keep a lid on it. You can beat it deep.

Cover 1 is 1 deep safety and no one should get behind him

Cover 2 is no one behind either side of the defensive safeties or you can run it with corners each taking ½

Cover 3 splits it 3 ways. You can run it with each CB taking ⅓ and a safety in the middle. Or 1 CB taking ⅓ and the safeties splitting the other two. Or a nickel. Typically nickels are not skilled enough to do this. The Jets used to have Revis Island run ½ or ⅓ of this and he...

I literally had to stop to laugh at Lil Jon being the halftime show in the bread basket of America....

Anyway, Revis was good.

Cover 4 splits this. Almost always as CBs, and safeties each taking ¼. This is vulnerable in the middle and the flats (outside the hashes). You can also run a seam well like Kelce. Who splits the coverage of zones well and is big enough to bounce off the late to arrive backs - which is better in defeating cover 2 or 3. But it is relevant in cover 4 because prevent defense which we ran last year and lost allowed the open spots in the middle which Hill and Kelce used to beat us.

Also some QBs can sufficiently move the ball outside the hash well enough to defeat cover 4 (Fitz)

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So I was in a restaurant at that point eating and saw he got hurt but didn't see all the details.  Saw him coming off the field, then running back on to field and played a few more plays.  What I didn't understand was how he was allowed back on without sitting out a play or was there not any injury stoppage.  KC didn't call a time out.  Or did I miss the one play he sat out for??  All I saw was him heading to the bench sitting down for about 2 seconds then running back out.

KC called a what looked like a 30 sec TO. He went to the bench to get taped. And then just said f it and ran off the bench to go back in the game.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.