The Ringer: Josh Allen Needs to Chill

YoloinOhio

33 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Are the Bengals “singularly player dependent” on Burrow? The Chiefs on Mahomes? Given our strengths in other areas, I could make the case that their teams are even more “singularly dependent” on them. 

No.

Bengals have arguably the best WR trio in the league and revamped their OL in free agency. Chiefs have a top 5 OL in the league and, after losing Hill, added four quality WRs.

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Josh showed in the LA game he can find that sweet spot between gunslinger and taking what’s available; that’s the Josh who holds up the Lombardi next month. 

I totally agree. There's a happy medium between bombs away and checkdown Josh. He accomplished that at SoFi.  Now he needs to dial it up again Sunday. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Airseven said:

No.

Bengals have arguably the best WR trio in the league and revamped their OL in free agency. Chiefs have a top 5 OL in the league and, after losing Hill, added four quality WRs.

Right. Removing Burrow or Mahomes and those teams wouldn’t miss a beat. 

EVERY team with a franchise QB is “singularly dependent” on them. Great receivers and great OLs just can’t do much without them. Josh is not unique in that regard in the least. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Ok, so i normally don't read much coverage (it's all so tiresome) but this week I have been.

what is strange to me is how all the analysis is literally 95% plus on the bills, with i'd say 70% of commentary being bills negative cinci positive.  even the athletic (who i hold to a higher standard because i pay for them, but frankly are the same dorks and morons who to do sports reporting for ESPN) went on about how allen turns the ball over, how the bills BARELY beat a division rival with a back up qb at home, and how the bengals are on an 8 game win streak.

it's shocking that the irony is totally lost.  the bengals barely beat a division rival at home, w a back up qb, and they played badly and needed a huge fluke to win.

allen and the bills have absolutely turned the ball over too much in the past 3 games (games 6 through 8 of their current win streak) at 3 times a game, but the fact that they are still winning essentially tells us they are so good that opponents need them to make mistakes to have a chance (a chance all of them failed to capitalize on).

i think the bills d is rounding into perfect form (except no von, which would make us all time good) and the O is playing with a total green light.  beaz and brown getting on page and us running the ball a bit more by design will happen over the next 3 games, and its gonna be something to watch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Right. Removing Burrow or Mahomes and those teams wouldn’t miss a beat. 

EVERY team with a franchise QB is “singularly dependent” on them. Great receivers and great OLs just can’t do much without them. Josh is not unique in that regard in the least. 

Lastly, the point isn't about what would happen taking a great QB away from a team. The point is about investing and adding resources around the great QB to maximize his ability and attempt to compensate for his occasional off day.

Everyone knows what (typically) happens to teams when they lose a starting QB. That point is worthless. 

20 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Yes, Josh needs to chill, in a “Please Hammer Don’t Hurt ‘Em” kinda way 🤣

You might want to check his win percentage 🤔

It’s just a joke about his high affinity to take lots of risks. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think Josh needs to chill out when up in the 3rd quarter and you want to bleed some clock (Ben mentions this possession) but otherwise I will ride with his play every time.

To me it is so obviously deliberate that Josh and Ken decided together to try to attack downfield, I dont think its just Josh. It has been an emphasis since Chi and continued into NE and then MIA. I expect to see a few against Cincy as well but I also expect to see a more balanced offense than we saw last week because I dont expect as many blitzes from Cincy AND I also expect more designed Josh runs.

3 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Lastly, the point isn't about what would happen taking a great QB away from a team. The point is about investing and adding resources around the great QB to maximize his ability and attempt to compensate for his occasional off day.

Everyone knows what (typically) happens to teams when they lose a starting QB. That point is worthless. 

Your point was that the Bills are “singularly dependent” on Josh Allen. I merely pointed out that other teams are “singularly dependent” on their QBs as well. 

If you were gonna make a different point about building the pieces around him, then perhaps you should have been more articulate in making it in the first place. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Reality is that Allen isn't a god QB who can carry a team on his back - at least consistently. His inaccuracy and careless/reckless tendencies can't sustain winning particularly in the post-season. He needs talent/scheme built around him to maximize his athleticism and throwing ability (which on its face are elite). Beane's recent decisions regarding the OL and offensive skill positions have failed Allen.

Just f'ing WoW = disgusting

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Airseven said:

No.

Their revamped OL has been terrible all season.  Even when they were healthy they weren’t very good.  They have one of the worst run games in the league.  Mixon, superior to our back averages much less ypc than all of our RBs.  Terrible OL play.  They revamped their OL like we revamped our DL with butler and Addison.  Cappa is their only decent OL addition.  Even La’el Collins was below average

Their offense hasn’t been dominant even with Burrow, the leagues best WR unit, 2 good RBs and a solid TE.  Scoring less ppg than Goff and dak led offenses.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Reality is that Allen isn't a god QB who can carry a team on his back - at least consistently. His inaccuracy and careless/reckless tendencies can't sustain winning particularly in the post-season. He needs talent/scheme built around him to maximize his athleticism and throwing ability (which on its face are elite). Beane's recent decisions regarding the OL and offensive skill positions have failed Allen.

Umm...pretty much the opposite of this.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Just a troll poster,  Ignore him.

Yeah, I hadn’t seen his earlier troll attempts otherwise I wouldn’t have responded to him at all previously. I can’t believe the clueless trash about Allen that he offers up. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.