The Ringer: Josh Allen Needs to Chill

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ya and let’s even say that was a a legit INT and he shouldn’t have thrown it.

Shakir catches the 60 yard bomb, Knox catches the TD pass, and you’re looking at a 400 yard plus and 4 TD performance. 

And if Brown tackles him at the 5, which he should have everything changes.  Really we should be talking about what a great game it was and steamrolling the Dolphins😉.

• Like (+1) 2

Here is the thing for me. If Josh Allen does take the correct checkdowns, if he does read the entire D before going deep and if a 15 yard patter is open throw it there, if he doesn't take too many chances, he just might have the best stats in the NFL for a QB and be viewed as the best QB.  But to me it is more entertaining the way he is playing, and honestly his numbers would be THAT much better if he changed.

What he really needs is a tall, super fast WR. Soemone who he can just chuck the ball to downfield on a simple fly patter whenver he wants. Randy Moss type, DK Metcalf.  Find someone who may not be a great overall WR who can't run every pattern, but has a top 20 40-yard time and is at least 6'3" tall and give that to Allen for his next birthday toy.

14 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Interesting. What do you think the Bills record would be without him? 

That's not the point. The bizarre concept here is that a lot of Bills fans either want Allen to carry the team and/or think it's fair to expect Allen to carry the team. When the goal is ascending to a championship, being so singularly player-dependent is both precarious and naive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Funny how Josh isn’t reckless when he hits those deep shots in tight game situations. He attempts those passes for a simple reason: because those plays are there to be made and he is supremely confident that he and his receivers can make them. I have no problem with that. 

Need this plastered at the top of the board and every thread. It is that simple.

10 minutes ago, Airseven said:

That's not the point. The bizarre concept here is that a lot of Bills fans either want Allen to carry the team and/or think it's fair to expect Allen to carry the team. When the goal is ascending to a championship, being so singularly player-dependent is both precarious and naive.

your right, completely dependent on Josh. 

Were you aware that JUST OUR RUNNING BACKS (no josh allen stats) are a top 10 rushing offense in the past 3 months? 

Were you aware we have a top 5 defense all season long? 

Were you aware that we have the number 1 ranked special teams unit in the entire league, all year long?

We got this stud WR named Stef Diggs, have you heard of him? 

People say weird ***** on the interwebs man. Like for 20 years we have been searching for a franchise QB while we wallowed away in self pity at the bottom of the NFL...a laughingstock...and now we actually have one of the top 3 QBs in the world and we are suddenly "too dependent" on our franchise QB? LOL 

Edited by PaattMaann
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Are the Bengals “singularly player dependent” on Burrow? The Chiefs on Mahomes? Given our strengths in other areas, I could make the case that their teams are even more “singularly dependent” on them. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 2

Man I am so over this topic. We will never again see a defense play Allen like the Dolphins did. He was not recklessly forcing deep throws, he was making throws based on the rules of the system and the coverage shown. I guarantee against the Bengals it will look more like it did on the one offensive drive we had against them a few weeks ago. They're going to play 2 high and Allen will make the proper throws according to that coverage. Not everything has to be a referendum on Allen as a player. We just played against a bizarre and frankly reckless defensive gameplan. The Dolphins introduced chaos into the equation and too many times we fell on the wrong side of that variance. That won't happen again.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Funny how Josh isn’t reckless when he hits those deep shots in tight game situations. He attempts those passes for a simple reason: because those plays are there to be made and he is supremely confident that he and his receivers can make them. I have no problem with that. 

Agree.....also some of those deeps shots (vs Fins last week in particular) was probably due to Miami constantly bringing the blitz. It was crazy....like play after play it seemed and even when Josh burned them a few times it didn't seem to matter all that much. They were definitely in the "live by the blitz, die by the blitz" type of mode.

Anyway, I think because of that Josh felt his WRs were winning a lot of the 1 on 1 battles Fins were left with from all the blitzing.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Man I am so over this topic. We will never again see a defense play Allen like the Dolphins did. He was not recklessly forcing deep throws, he was making throws based on the rules of the system and the coverage shown. I guarantee against the Bengals it will look more like it did on the one offensive drive we had against them a few weeks ago. They're going to play 2 high and Allen will make the proper throws according to that coverage. Not everything has to be a referendum on Allen as a player. We just played against a bizarre and frankly reckless defensive gameplan. The Dolphins introduced chaos into the equation and too many times we fell on the wrong side of that variance. That won't happen again.

Could not possibly agree w this more👍👍

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Agree entirely. The Bengals D, especially their very average secondary, had a day off against Huntley. 

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Could not possibly agree w this more👍👍

I feel like I'm losing my mind. I've never seen a QB criticized so much for throwing deep passes into one on one coverage with no safety help. In fact 100% of the time that is the correct read unless you're running out clock in the 4th quarter. Diggs, Shakir, and Davis all had deep passes hit their hands and fall to the ground. That was the bigger issue, not the decision to throw those passes. But none of it really matters because defenses will never give us that many one on one chances again. The Dolphins gameplan was a huge failure, we just had too many self-inflicted mistakes which kept them in the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, JohnNord said:

It’s a decent write-up but the solution is a bit more challenging.  We know the answer isn’t for Josh to simply start dumping the ball down and not take deep shots.  He just needs to be a bit more opportunistic 

That's what he was doing against the Fins when they blitzed almost every down. He was being opportunistic on the 1vs1 deep balls. And he burned em good multiple times, would have burned em even more if not for a couple drops 

29 minutes ago, Airseven said:

I gotta ask you, why are you on this board if you hate the Buffalo Bills and Josh Allen?? Now your saying we’re being to dependent on our top 3 QB lol you can’t make this ***** up. Maybe if if the line was better and not only bought him more time but also opened up some running lanes consistently then they wouldn’t have to be so dependent on Josh to bail them out

4 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

That's what he was doing against the Fins when they blitzed almost every down. He was being opportunistic on the 1vs1 deep balls. And he burned em good multiple times, would have burned em even more if not for a couple drops 

Yeah very true.  It’s a tough balancing act.  There were a few balls like the INT that he didn’t need to throw.  The Bills were up 17-3 and doing well.  He would have been better served moving the chains.  Maybe hold off on the killshot there…but you are right we don’t want him not trying when it is advantageous.  

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Reality is that Allen isn't a god QB who can carry a team on his back - at least consistently. His inaccuracy and careless/reckless tendencies can't sustain winning particularly in the post-season. He needs talent/scheme built around him to maximize his athleticism and throwing ability (which on its face are elite). Beane's recent decisions regarding the OL and offensive skill positions have failed Allen.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This guy...

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Yeah very true.  It’s a tough balancing act.  There were a few balls like the INT that he didn’t need to throw.  The Bills were up 17-3 and doing well.  He would have been better served moving the chains.  Maybe hold off on the killshot there…but you are right we don’t want him not trying when it is advantageous.  

Well the one to Brown wasn't Josh's fault....that was all Brown that one. If Brown does what he was suppose to then that's another TD

Yes, Josh needs to chill, in a “Please Hammer Don’t Hurt ‘Em” kinda way 🤣

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

If Josh bets like he plays, he’ll be broke in two years. 

You might want to check his win percentage 🤔

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.