Bills injury report best in quite awhile

78thealltimegreat

Just now, Simon said:

You think having McKenzie back is better than having Daquan Jones healthy?

I'm not sure how to even respond to that.

Do you know how bad his calf is/when he injured it exactly?

I didn't think so...he could be managing a very minor strain...everyone is dealing with something this time of year. 

At least we have our starting slot and our 3rd DT back...does that satisfy your pessimism?

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Do you know how bad his calf is/when he injured it exactly?

I didn't think so...he could be managing a very minor strain...everyone is dealing with something this time of year. 

At least we have our starting slot and our 3rd DT back...does that satisfy your pessimism?

We don't know if we have Phillips back.

And I'd rather lose McKenzie for the year than have DaQuan Jones nick himself shaving

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, Simon said:

Maybe you could actually show the injury report if you're going to start a thread on it? 

So no Miller, no Hyde, no Crowder, a questionable Phillips and now a newly injured DJones.

In other words, exactly the same as last week, except worse; and it's the "best in a quite a while"?

I think your reporting skills need polished up a bit.:D

DaQuan Jones not being healthy, is an issue

• Agree 3

40 minutes ago, Simon said:

Maybe you could actually show the injury report if you're going to start a thread on it? 

So no Miller, no Hyde, no Crowder, a questionable Phillips and now a newly injured DJones.

In other words, exactly the same as last week, except worse; and it's the "best in a quite a while"?

I think your reporting skills need polished up a bit.:D

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/injury-report/

I think someone said that McDermott said Phillips and Daquan were good to go but I can't find that clip.

image.thumb.png.80997c7b17e67519ba2be53f748c7ee9.png

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I'd consider this an upgrade over last week.  McKenzie is back, good chance on Jordan too.

Phillips' shoulder is shot.  He can barely lift his arm and it's been that way for weeks. I've seen it rumored he has a torn labrum.  If that's actually the case, he should probably just be shutdown and get the surgery done and get on the road to recovery.

1 hour ago, Process said:

Definitely feels like they mismanaged Jordan and his injury

This is a reasonable take, seeing as how the Bills under Beane and McDermott have screwed up so many players' injury situations.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

Phillips' shoulder is shot.  He can barely lift his arm and it's been that way for weeks. I've seen it rumored he has a torn labrum.  If that's actually the case, he should probably just be shutdown and get the surgery done and get on the road to recovery.

That sucks.  A reasonably healthy Phillips could make a huge impact against the depleted Bengals OL.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

I'd hate to see him come in, make 2-3 tackles, and hobble to the sideline (because I think that's all he's capable of doing).  Hell of a way to burn a roster spot.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, nosejob said:

We need him NOW. Put a brace on him, shoot him up and give him a couple of shots of JD. He started missing time with weeks 3 and 4. Since week 13 he played once with one tackle against the Bears. If his shoulder was such a nagging issue, why didn't they IR him and get it healed? Now Jones is gimpy and while Settle is an ok guy, Eli, is no replacement for J.P. Our best pairing is J.P. and Oliver. SHOOT HIM UP!

6 hours ago, Process said:

Definitely feels like they mismanaged Jordan and his injury. And of course he's also to blame for getting hurt diving at air. 

6 hours ago, Mango said:

Not a doctor. But the best I can come up with is that Philips needs surgery. But surgery would end his season, so he tried to limp through hoping he wouldn't get worse. 

But then he got worse...

The Bills generally do an excellent job with managing injuries. In Jordan Phillips' case I wonder if he should have gone on IR... I wonder if trying to come back too soon aggravated the injury. Can't cry over it now.

5 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Anyone else have the feeling Josh is going to have surgery on his elbow as soon as the season is over?

If so it would probably be minor to just clean it up a bit.

5 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Von just said on the radio in my head that he's going to tape the leg up like a big peg leg and play Sunday you heard it here first

Like Chester on Gunsmoke?

6 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

would have liked to see Benford take some snaps last few weeks.  Going to need him to knock some pass catchers around the next three games. 

I'm still excited that Kaiir Elam and Tre White are playing their best football of the season and that Taron Johnson's head injury against Cinci didn't prevent him from playing one of his best games of the year against Miami.

If Benford was available that would be great but I'm thinking the coaches still trust Dane over him... we shall see who gets the snaps..

1 minute ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I'm still excited that Kaiir Elam and Tre White are playing their best football of the season and that Taron Johnson's head injury against Cinci didn't prevent him from playing one of his best games of the year against Miami.

If Benford was available that would be great but I'm thinking the coaches still trust Dane over him... we shall see who gets the snaps..

Yeah definitely have looked better at the best time and hope it continues. But man, I sure would love to see them with Hyde. Unfortunately they haven't had a single snap together this season with Elam, Tre, Johnson, Poyer, and Hyde all on the field yet. 

But if things go like we hope maybe we can get a chance to see it

• Like (+1) 1

If Phillips actually needed surgery, wouldn't it make sense to uh...have him get the surgery, put him on IR already, and utilize the roster spot?

I guess I won't be surprised if he's actually in that bad of shape, but it seems weird to me that they haven't yet made those moves. Maybe I missed something though.

If Jordan Phillips's shoulder is shot, then he would have been on the IR weeks ago. There is ZERO indication from what we have seen with respect to Tre's injury or Hyde's injury that the Bills would keep a player active if their "shoulder is shot", so it makes absolutely no sense that the Bills mismanaged his injury, for it is inconsistent with their handling of the other injuries. 

WE NEED JORDAN PHILLIPS TO PLAY. This is for the damn Super Bowl, not for some Week 14 result. I would think that if he was unable to move his arm properly he'd be OUT out but it's time to heed the advice of Von Miller:

"You said you’d do anything for it."

Jordan Phillips WILL PLAY. Time to terrorize those three replacement offensive linemen for the Bengals.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.