Bills injury report best in quite awhile

78thealltimegreat

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

No Hyde, no Von Miller. Kind of a big deal. Everyone on the active roster, sure. I'd rather McKenzie still be hurt. Beasley should be starting 

Agreed, though still waiting for McKenzie to have one of his periodic amazing games

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Phillips is still a question mark and still a huge piece if his shoulder is not ready

When healthy Jordan Phillips is a real difference maker. Players with his size and agility are not very common. You can tell he's been one-armed by the lack of impact plays he's been making. I hope his shoulder is healed up a bit because we could really use his interior pass rush. 

3 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

GMFB was saying today that look for Shakir to have a breakout game.

I love how Shakir, James Cook, and Elam are all playing their best football right now and I don't think it's a coincidence.

IMO the emergence of our rookie class is a testament to how deliberately and carefully they've been brought along this year. Clearly none of them have hit the rookie wall and all three are contributing substantially now.

Yes we're missing Von Miller and Micah Hyde but the play of our top rookies gives me optimism that this team is in some ways, better than last year's edition.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

Just now, Sierra Foothills said:

When healthy Jordan Phillips is a real difference maker. Players with his size and agility are not very common. You can tell he's been one-armed by the lack of impact plays he's been making. I hope his shoulder is healed up a bit because we could really use his interior pass rush. 

I love how Shakir, James Cook, and Elam are all playing their best football right now and I don't think it's a coincidence.

IMO the emergence of our rookie class is a testament to how deliberately and carefully they've been brought along this year. Clearly none of them have hit the rookie wall and all three are contributing substantially now.

Yes we're missing Von Miller and Micah Hyde but the play of our top rookies gives me optimism that this team is in some ways, better than last year's edition.

I don't want to sound negative, because I'm really trying not to be but: Shakir, Cook, and Elam are probably playing their best football now because they've basically had no extensive game reps until the last few weeks.

I think it would have been beneficial to the Bills to get these guys a bigger workload early on, especially when we were blowing teams out.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I don't want to sound negative, because I'm really trying not to be but: Shakir, Cook, and Elam are probably playing their best football now because they've basically had no extensive game reps until the last few weeks.

I think it would have been beneficial to the Bills to get these guys a bigger workload early on, especially when we were blowing teams out.  

But this is by design.

McD slow rolls rookies because they tend to hit the "rookie wall" with the longer, more strenuous season. Now, instead of being worn out, our rooks are ready to go and have fresh legs.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

But this is by design.

McD slow rolls rookies because they tend to hit the "rookie wall" with the longer, more strenuous season. Now, instead of being worn out, our rooks are ready to go and have fresh legs.

I get it.  I think it's a valid argument to be made, but I'd also like to see the rookies get reps early on so we see less of stuff like the big Shakir drop last week. Maybe it happens regardless, who knows.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

We need him NOW. Put a brace on him, shoot him up and give him a couple of shots of JD. He started missing time with weeks 3 and 4. Since week 13 he played once with one tackle against the Bears. If his shoulder was such a nagging issue, why didn't they IR him and get it healed? Now Jones is gimpy and while Settle is an ok guy, Eli, is no replacement for J.P. Our best pairing is J.P. and Oliver. SHOOT HIM UP!

Missing Hyde and Miller is killer. 

The Hyde/Poyer duo is great than the sum of its parts.  

Von made the whole DLine better.  

And while Tre is back, he's not 100% himself.  

I'm happy our injury report is better than it was earlier on.  But we're still not as healthy as we might have hoped.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.