Now I'm getting mad - Burrow vs. Allen & Buffalo Bills talk

Billsfan1972

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This one seems more balanced.  Yes both pick the Bills, so some bias, but this was one of the few to acknowledge Cincy struggled vs. Baltimore, which seems to go unnoticed by many.

And if the Bills do win, don't worry the complaints afterwards will be the unfair advantage the Bills had being at home, because the 10 minutes on January 2 clearly showed that Cincy was the better team.

That’s why it would be better if this is a knockout blow.  A win is a win is fine in other scenarios.  

38-21 shuts up a lot of people.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just to add to this, 4 out of 5 of the Sports Illustrated MMQB writers picked the Bengals to win. And all the Bengals talk about is how they're "disrespected." But to be honest, what they know is that a road team always wins in the divisional round. I think that they are also required to pick an upset because it is one of the things that they're tracking in determining which writer "wins" their contest tat the end of the playoffs. They can't see the Jags or Giants winning today, so they had to pick an upset tomorrow. Regardless of what the Vegas lines say, it is easier to see the Bengals winning in Buffalo than the Cowboys winning in SF. The one guy that picked the Bills also picked the Cowboys.

BTW, I'm not linking to this because it is just a table designed to generate clicks. I summarized the whole thing above, so I'm noting to give them the clicks.

5 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

So you're here soaking up as much information as possible and I listen, read and watch a lot.  The Bills have been just off much of the season and it was a tough week with the national media.  

Funny watching Around the Horn and NFL Live the majority picked Buffalo, but it was with trepidation.

This is a place to share thoughts and the hope is Monday there'll be a 180.

I realize that and I agree I just don’t get why so many people worry or care what some media people think or better yet say. 

14 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I realize that and I agree I just don’t get why so many people worry or care what some media people think or better yet say. 

Because it introduces doubt into your own mind. Watching the Bills in the playoffs and the accompanying stress and potential for disappointment is something that many of us are still adjusting to.

The Bills have had some troubles with the opponents opening scripted drive in the 2nd half of the season.  But after that, they really buckle down and play solid.  That was Cincy's opening scripted drive.  Things could have changed a lot over the next 50 minutes.  In the bears game, they scored on their opening drive, then only scored 6 the rest of the game.  The titans scored on their opening drive and didn't score the rest of the game.

13 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Because it introduces doubt into your own mind. Watching the Bills in the playoffs and the accompanying stress and potential for disappointment is something that many of us are still adjusting to.

Nah.  Be a little stronger minded than that.

I think  most fans forget that those who make their living talking about sports, talk in a certain, inflammatory way, specifically designed to attract attention and make people mad.

People are much more attracted to conflict than sensible, logical, safe comments.

Look at how this place works.  Say something save, nice, and likable about anything in your post will be ignored.

Say it's time for McDermott to go and half the board will be coming after you with comments, some of whom will be doing over, and over, and over again in the same thread.

Edited by Nextmanup

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

That’s why it would be better if this is a knockout blow.  A win is a win is fine in other scenarios.  

38-21 shuts up a lot of people.

Oh god can you imagine how bonkers some people will go here if the Bills give up *gasp* 3 touchdowns??? I can just hear it now “if the Bills can give up 3 touchdowns at home, the Chiefs are definitely going to score 50 on a neutral site!” Or “Zay Jones is definitely our for revenge and Lawrence is so much better than Burrow!”

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I know. I guess I would counter with , at the end of the day if the Bills win or lose it will not change my life. I would be happy or upset for a while and then the reality of everyday life will take that away. Enjoy the game and enjoy this team. It could end at any time 

@Billsfan1972 @NoHuddleKelly12  @nucci  @H2o @machine gun kelly @Royale with Cheese @3rdand12 @HOUSE

Greg Rosenthal (who picked the Bengals) then at the end of NFL Gameday View giving his "lock of the week" (paraphrasing but close to quoting): “Bengals v Chiefs. It’s what everyone wants.  Burrow v Mahomes is what it is going to be the future going forward in the AFC from here on out. It's what we want to see.”

I am randomly copying some of you on this in the hope and belief that one of you, or collectively all of you, have the magical/mystical powers to make it stop.

...just...stop.

This game needs to be played right now, because I am so tired of all this and as I check my watch the game is still about three weeks away.

Go Bills!

EDIT:  The weird thing is I am so calm about the game, itself.  Hell, I'm confident about it and about it not being so close.

Cocky?   Maybe I need my shades and cigars to be on stand by.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@Billsfan1972 @NoHuddleKelly12  @nucci  @H2o @machine gun kelly @Royale with Cheese @3rdand12 @HOUSE

Greg Rosenthal (who picked the Bengals) then at the end of NFL Gameday View giving his "lock of the week" (paraphrasing but close to quoting): “Bengals v Chiefs. It’s what everyone wants.  Burrow v Mahomes is what it is going to be the future going forward in the AFC from here on out. It's what we want to see.”

I am randomly copying some of you on this in the hope and belief that one of you, or collectively all of you, have the magical/mystical powers to make it stop.

...just...stop.

This game needs to be played right now, because I am so tired of all this and as I check my watch the game is still about three weeks away.

Go Bills!

EDIT:  The weird thing is I am so calm about the game, itself.  Hell, I'm confident about it and about it not being so close.

I am broke so expect a cheap fix.

Maybe a voodo hex

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...just...stop.

Go Bills!

Donuts, these underrated predictions of the Bills just adds more fuel for our bulletin board.  Allen will be playing at top flight tomorrow.  They’ll only be able to hold down Diggs so much and the following two will be instrumental.  Cook and Knox.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...just...stop.

Go Bills!

the walking dead smh GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

Will the Bengals win?   I think our 6 fingered friend has this to say.

You fallen for one of the classic blunders.  First never go to a land war in Asia, and 2nd, Never duel with a Sicilian when Death is on the Line!

Inconceivable Mafia!

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...just...stop.

Go Bills!

Do you want to know why Gregg Rosenthal said that? He is extremely invested in Josh’s failure. His was the hottest of draft night hot takes, where he called the Bills the biggest loser of the 2018 draft. He said that Josh Allen had an uphill battle just to equal Tyrod Taylor’s production.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/2018-nfl-draft-debrief-winners-and-losers-from-round-1-0ap3000000929261

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1