Now I'm getting mad - Burrow vs. Allen & Buffalo Bills talk

Billsfan1972

17 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

You see a lot of the sentiments on this board also, so why be outraged about the national press? 

I re-watched Q4 of the Dolphins game and was quite impressed about how we played on O, D and coaching (key timeout). Let it play itself out 

You are basing your concern on the first quarter of that game? There were stats posted which show that our D improves significantly after Q1. Your later part is more reasoned and thats what I am expecting on Sunday also. 

8 plays = everything you need to know man.  Cmon.  You should know this by now

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

When things are really good I'll listen to a lot, search out articles and watch the national media shows.  It seems though with all the negativity surrounding an 8 game winning streak that is no longer the case.😉😝😆

But listening to my favourite podcast and seeing 1-2 articles I need to stop as my blood is boiling listening to all the pro Burrow & Cincy talk and how down some are about Allen's erratic play and so much put on the Dolphins game.

Of course Burrow's #'s the last two weeks aren't discussed & the pick 6 vs. NE in a game they could've lost too. 

Add to that, many are gushing over Cincy and the first 10 minutes January 2 (now if Buff scored a TD and not a fg things may have been a little different).

Used to spend all Sunday immersed in pre-games and other things, but haven't the last decade.  

Interesting this weekend, that not just the Buffalo/Cincy game, but the other three too all being talked about using "Recency Bias".  

Dallas (and Dak) looked great against a lousy fraud in TB.  The Giants moved up and down against one of the worst "D's" in football and a team everyone was predicting the clock would strike midnight soon.  Finally look at the upstart Jags and what they did.

Sunday 3:00 can't come soon enough to get it started (and then all over). 

Touch grass.  You'll be ok 👍🏽 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They make in game adjustments all the time.  If they just did the same thing over and over, we would have a bottom ranked defense.

Kelce hasn't been killing us over the years.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/travis-kelce-stats-vs-bills

How does Jefferson having a great game against us mean we do not employ a true double team?

Elam has been on the bench all season, because they love Jackson. 

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Elam has been on the bench all season, because they love Jackson. 

This didn't answer my question and no, Elam hasn't been on the bench all season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElamKa00.htm

Elam has been splitting time with Jackson since Tre has been back.  

All year long, Elam has played about 50% of the snaps. 

image.thumb.png.6d03494c87a47cc75c460d62541795db.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It is ridiculous to draw any conclusions from that first Bill/Bengals game. Neither defense looked good and it was very early in the game. Very rarely does the first 10 minutes of a game dictate was happens in the last 50. Lots of things happen. Who’s to say the very next play wouldn’t have been a pick 6 for the Bills or a TD for the Bengals? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

DID YOU KNOW?

Excluding quarterbacks, the Buffalo Bills have a better yards per carry average than the Bengals, by almost a full yard!!!!!

YET

The NARRATIVE out there is that we cannot run the ball and that Josh has to do it all.

I'm sick and tired of this team being misrepresented because of lazy pundits. Even the most prominent ones are being lazy...

17 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

When things are really good I'll listen to a lot, search out articles and watch the national media shows.  It seems though with all the negativity surrounding an 8 game winning streak that is no longer the case.😉😝😆

But listening to my favourite podcast and seeing 1-2 articles I need to stop as my blood is boiling listening to all the pro Burrow & Cincy talk and how down some are about Allen's erratic play and so much put on the Dolphins game.

Of course Burrow's #'s the last two weeks aren't discussed & the pick 6 vs. NE in a game they could've lost too. 

Add to that, many are gushing over Cincy and the first 10 minutes January 2 (now if Buff scored a TD and not a fg things may have been a little different).

Used to spend all Sunday immersed in pre-games and other things, but haven't the last decade.  

Interesting this weekend, that not just the Buffalo/Cincy game, but the other three too all being talked about using "Recency Bias".  

Dallas (and Dak) looked great against a lousy fraud in TB.  The Giants moved up and down against one of the worst "D's" in football and a team everyone was predicting the clock would strike midnight soon.  Finally look at the upstart Jags and what they did.

Sunday 3:00 can't come soon enough to get it started (and then all over).

If you listen to McDermott's locker room speech post victory and his Monday presser, he's down on the Bills erratic play himself (not just Allen - remember we had a muffed punt by Hines on the Buffalo 32 yd line recovered by Tyrel Dodson.)

There's always recency bias in how the sports media covers teams.  Josh Allen has commented in the past something like "Have a good game, you're great, the coaches are brilliant, you're gonna be champions.  Have a bad game, you suck and we should fire all the coaches"

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bengals were definitely having their way with us on offense. When asked if they will do anything different Leslie Fraser said they will stick with what got them here and do what they do best. So they are going to do the same thing and expect a different result? That's kind of scary. You can't say how the full game would go but Bengals definitely had the early momentum. This will be a tough game for sure and if the Bills want to prove the media wrong then they have to prove it Sunday 

Glad i didn't watch the Bears game with you. 🤮

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bengals were definitely having their way with us on offense. When asked if they will do anything different Leslie Fraser said they will stick with what got them here and do what they do best. So they are going to do the same thing and expect a different result? That's kind of scary. You can't say how the full game would go but Bengals definitely had the early momentum. This will be a tough game for sure and if the Bills want to prove the media wrong then they have to prove it Sunday 

What did you expect Frazier to come out and say?  Tell them our game plan/strategy?

What was it, 7 offensive play from Cinci and people are freaking out?

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

The Bears had their way with us the 1st drive too good thing that game didn’t end early or this board would really be down on this team 🫣

That narrative does seem to have shifted this past week. It now seems to be, who is better - Burrow or Mahomes?  Allen became an afterthought in the "best" convo.

That's fine.  It ALMOST feels like we're under the radar again - though that's impossible for the Bills these days.  But I feel that Josh, and the team, are being underestimated.  Which is perfect.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sunday 3:00 can't come soon enough to get it started (and then get it over with). 

first, there are  a bunch of same threads you could have dropped your rage issue into.

Second, maybe it's time to step back from the game a bit.  Why would a  podcast people make your blood boil because they pick an opponent to win a game?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Here is different and we can debate it.  The National Press are not watching 16 games a week in their entirety and analyzing the minutiae or knowing everything that went on.

Like me who didn't watch the last two Cincy games vs. Baltimore where they were far from dominating at home and Burrow held to under 220 yards passing can say definitively that Burrow is not too good as of late.  

Baltimore is a bad match-up for them.  They have 2 excellent corners.