Now I'm getting mad - Burrow vs. Allen & Buffalo Bills talk

Billsfan1972

When things are really good I'll listen to a lot, search out articles and watch the national media shows.  It seems though with all the negativity surrounding an 8 game winning streak that is no longer the case.😉😝😆

But listening to my favourite podcast and seeing 1-2 articles I need to stop as my blood is boiling listening to all the pro Burrow & Cincy talk and how down some are about Allen's erratic play and so much put on the Dolphins game.

Of course Burrow's #'s the last two weeks aren't discussed & the pick 6 vs. NE in a game they could've lost too. 

Add to that, many are gushing over Cincy and the first 10 minutes January 2 (now if Buff scored a TD and not a fg things may have been a little different).

Used to spend all Sunday immersed in pre-games and other things, but haven't the last decade.  

Interesting this weekend, that not just the Buffalo/Cincy game, but the other three too all being talked about using "Recency Bias".  

Dallas (and Dak) looked great against a lousy fraud in TB.  The Giants moved up and down against one of the worst "D's" in football and a team everyone was predicting the clock would strike midnight soon.  Finally look at the upstart Jags and what they did.

Sunday 3:00 can't come soon enough to get it started (and then get it over with). 

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Haha (+1) 2

Bengals were definitely having their way with us on offense. When asked if they will do anything different Leslie Fraser said they will stick with what got them here and do what they do best. So they are going to do the same thing and expect a different result? That's kind of scary. You can't say how the full game would go but Bengals definitely had the early momentum. This will be a tough game for sure and if the Bills want to prove the media wrong then they have to prove it Sunday 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Billsfan1972 changed the title to Now I'm getting mad - Burrow vs. Allen & Buffalo Bills talk
7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

When things are really good I'll listen to a lot, search out articles and watch the national media shows.  It seems though with all the negativity surrounding an 8 game winning streak that is no longer the case.😉😝😆

But listening to my favourite podcast and seeing 1-2 articles I need to stop as my blood is boiling listening to all the pro Burrow & Cincy talk and how down some are about Allen's erratic play and so much put on the Dolphins game.

You see a lot of the sentiments on this board also, so why be outraged about the national press? 

I re-watched Q4 of the Dolphins game and was quite impressed about how we played on O, D and coaching (key timeout). Let it play itself out 

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bengals were definitely having their way with us on offense. When asked if they will do anything different Leslie Fraser said they will stick with what got them here and do what they do best. So they are going to do the same thing and expect a different result? That's kind of scary. You can't say how the full game would go but Bengals definitely had the early momentum. This will be a tough game for sure and if the Bills want to prove the media wrong then they have to prove it Sunday 

You are basing your concern on the first quarter of that game? There were stats posted which show that our D improves significantly after Q1. Your later part is more reasoned and thats what I am expecting on Sunday also. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I mean, what do you expect Frazier to do, disclose his game plan?

No one can go back and watch except teams, or even look at a box score, but the Bengals got huge yards on a ticky-tack DPI on Tre White.

The Bills moved right down to the Bengals red zone and settled for 3 after a missed pass to a wide open Beasley - the Bengals didn't stop us either, without the ticky tack DPI.

It's very typical this season that teams move the ball on us the first couple drives, then Frazier adjusts.

Media or no, of course it's going to be a tough game against a very good team and we have to prove it on Sunday

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

You see a lot of the sentiments on this board also, so why be outraged about the national press? 

I re-watched Q4 of the Dolphins game and was quite impressed about how we played on O, D and coaching (key timeout). Let it play itself out 

You are basing your concern on the first quarter of that game? There were stats posted which show that our D improves significantly after Q1. Your later part is more reasoned and thats what I am expecting on Sunday also. 

Here is different and we can debate it.  The National Press are not watching 16 games a week in their entirety and analyzing the minutiae or knowing everything that went on.

Like me who didn't watch the last two Cincy games vs. Baltimore where they were far from dominating at home and Burrow held to under 220 yards passing can say definitively that Burrow is not too good as of late.  

I can’t imagine getting mad about stuff like this. They are both too 5 qbs and seem like great dudes. The media’s job is to build a storyline. I would rather have Allen because he brings more to the talent with his running. But Burrow is pretty great himself. It’s going to be a great game. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bengals had the early momentum against the Pats and Ravens too.  The Bills had the early momentum against the Dolphins last week.  The Chargers had the early momentum against the Jags.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Yup, this is it. 

We've seen this from McDermott and Frazier before. 

They don't change anything. 

It looked obvious to me where the Bengals wanted to go that night. 

But our struggles with Kelce over the years, Jefferson this season, have shown me this staff will not employ a true double team. 

I expect a soft zone Sunday, and would be surprised if the Bills start Elam over Jackson. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

just more motivation for Josh to prove them wrong. i think he comes out as playoff Josh from last year-focused, taking what their given, driven

The Terminator

that would be a nice welcome development for sure, that all of us would love to see & have been hoping for all year. No better time than this Sunday.

Dorsey can help try to make this happen as well of course by designing some early plays that help get Josh into a rhythm & not having to play behind on down & distance. Something that i havent seen as much of this 2nd half of the season that i'd like

• Agree 2

Who cares, talk is cheap!  

Here's the thing, Burrow's issues, 3 OL-men out, are not correctable except by backups.  That backup Carman got his ass handed to him last week, I mean it was pathetic.  

Allen's "issues" on the other hand, are correctable.  Remember, we've had a pretty horrific month-plus with Damar, storms, relocation of a home game.  It finally feels as if we've settled back in.  

Allen's incredibly bright.  IMO he had TOs because we were up and he wanted to end the game and sit in the 2nd half and let Keenum play a little.  I could be off, but the point is that Allen could have been more conservative.  He seems to know when to be and when not to be.  

At the end of the day the Bengals are in trouble if they field the same OL as they did last week.  We on the other hand will be fine.  Allen's not going to be so carefree this week.  (Notice I didn't say careless)  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bengals were definitely having their way with us on offense. 

And we were having our way with them on offense - had that ball to Bease not been a bit off the mark that game would have been tied when the Hamlin incident happened.

But come on, none of us know how that game would have ended. :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yup, this is it. 

We've seen this from McDermott and Frazier before. 

They don't change anything. 

It looked obvious to me where the Bengals wanted to go that night. 

But our struggles with Kelce over the years, Jefferson this season, have shown me this staff will not employ a true double team. 

I expect a soft zone Sunday, and would be surprised if the Bills start Elam over Jackson. 

They make in game adjustments all the time.  If they just did the same thing over and over, we would have a bottom ranked defense.

Kelce hasn't been killing us over the years.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/travis-kelce-stats-vs-bills

How does Jefferson having a great game against us mean we do not employ a true double team?