Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Good post Alpha. Generally, I agree with not reaching for a need. Of course if it's close between BPA fill the need.

A few things that I'd like to add about the running game. I think the premise that the Bills can't effectively run the ball is incorrect. Don't agree with they can't get the tough yards in critical situations or in inclimate weather. Devin and Cook with Allen sprinkled in are a more than enough of a running game for an effective offense. In fact, stats showed the Bills average 5.1 yards a rush. Surely, it's inflated because most teams concentrated on stopping the Bills passing game. 

Imho, the real issue with the running game is scheme, coaching, and game planning. The offense lacked continuity, rhythm, and an identity. The running game from game to game and even quarter to quarter was erratic with a borderline personality disorder. The Bills coaches have to learn how to implement an effective running game that compliments it's passing game. We saw glimpses this year but nothing that's needed to make the Bills offense hum. 

In short, I just do not trust the Bills coaching staff. Way too much has been on Allen's plate since he's arrived. Certainly, he can handle most of what's given to him. However, in the playoffs that's when things go sour. Been a consistent theme for years now. Point being if the Bills got Barkely, CMC, Robinson, etc.. I doubt they would reach their ceiling in Buffalo. Coaching matters...

I agree with all of this too.  My only hope is that if they invested in a guy like Bijan (or had been able to trade for CMC for example last year) that it would force the hand of the OC to adjust and incorporate more of a running game into the offense.  I feel like they just don't see any of our RB's as a true every down back, so they just more sprinkle it in vs making more of an emphasis to establish a good run game.  

I totally agree coaching matters and I absolutely don't trust Dorsey and don't think he is going to be the right guy for us next year either.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If Safety is BPA, it’s certainly possible.  But Bijan on the board at 27 would hands down make Bijan BPA

It’s looking that way

Josh Allen is a unicorn QB and I don’t wanna do things that are going to take away from his numbers but it would be really nice to know that should Josh be having an off day for Josh not be under center that this team wouldn’t fall apart

A running back that could take over a game and yes, he needs help from his blocking would really benefit this team

I like James Cook I like his game. I worry that he was only used sparingly in college. He was never a workhorse back.

14 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

totally agree coaching matters and I absolutely don't trust Dorsey and don't think he is going to be the right guy for us next year either.

I'm thinking he's seeing his offense TOTALLY through the lens of a QB, seeing that was his position, as opposed to adopting a more "balanced" approach.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

That's the problem!! Let's stop relying on Allen to run the ball. It's time to have someone he can reliably hand it to. 

We don't rely on him to run the ball.  His running ability is part of his identity and has always been going back to his high school days. You take that away, you no longer have a Josh Allen.  You simply have a pocket passer with a strong arm.  

Josh's threat as a runner is what makes him the wildcard he is and one of the hardest QBs to gameplan against because he's a threat to beat you with his arm or his legs.  Most of Josh's runs are not on designed runs.  They're him scrambling after either pass protection breaks down or not finding an open receiver.  Give him the protection he needs and the weapons he needs to throw to, and he doesn't have to run as much.   

• Agree 1

Just adding to this conversation but for me it's beyond Robinson.

Why I think RB will be picked in the draft.

1.  Singletary might be on the move in free agency (I think the Bills will not want to spend quite so much on RB, with other contracts coming up like Tremaine Edmunds).

2.  I don't see many NFL teams with "must draft" status on the RB position.  As a result, I see several high quality, impact RB's falling to the third round in this year's draft.

Why I DON'T think Robinson would be the pick in first round:

1.  RB is not a must draft position for the first round, even if Singletary walks.

2.  O-line investment early in the draft is a given.  There is a trickle down effect of a top OL:  Helps Allen, helps our CURRENT WR's, helps any RB back there.

3.  Other important needs that should be a consideration in rounds 1-3:

-  Linebacker:  Klein is a UFA that I think should be allowed to walk.  We need a replacement/upgrade there.

-  Guard:  Saffold should be allowed to walk as a UFA, and we also need an upgrade to Bates.

-  Right Tackle:  Another upgrade needed for Brown

-  Cornerback:  Insurance in case White can't rebound to top form

-  Center:  Add competition/depth for Morse

-  Safety:  Uncertain if Poyer will be extended.  Both Poyer/Hyde are on the wrong side of 30.  Drafting an heir apparent(s) would be wise.

-  Pass rush:  Von Miller's status in 2023 concerning and we need another playmaker

-  Wide Receiver:  I do like what we have, but if the right player drops, you take 'em.

Obviously we can't get ALL of the positions above in the first three rounds, but I don't see RB in that list......  Not even close to that list.  

I do think that there will be some "shocking" slips of RB talent in this draft.  Depending on the combine/hype, Robinson might slip right out of the first round.

For the Bills:  I DO think we could pick up one of the "shocking" RB slips, but only in the 3rd round or 4th round.  It would have to be a value pick though.

Example Mock:

1.  OT Anton Harrison, Oklahoma

2.  S Sydney Brown, Illinois

3.  RB Jhamir Gibbs, Alabama

Edited by Yantha

On 2/4/2023 at 9:07 PM, John from Riverside said:

It’s looking that way

Josh Allen is a unicorn QB and I don’t wanna do things that are going to take away from his numbers but it would be really nice to know that should Josh be having an off day for Josh not be under center that this team wouldn’t fall apart

A running back that could take over a game and yes, he needs help from his blocking would really benefit this team

I like James Cook I like his game. I worry that he was only used sparingly in college. He was never a workhorse back.

Cook is a bust. It happens. Good teams don't let it sink them. Philly drafted a wr before Jefferson. They moved on and got Brown. It would help if the fan base wouldn't just accept every schmuck they put in uniform. Let em hear it. 

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

20 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Can I suggest we take his teammate with a later pick instead.  Roschon Johnson comes in at 6'2" 220 and averaged 5.9 ypc behind Robinson.  Perfect change up to all our smaller shiftier guys.

They obviously have an affinity for the smaller types and want to put the burden on 17. I'd guess Deuce Vaughn is in their sights.

24 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Cook is a bust. It happens. Good teams don't let it sink them. Philly drafted a wr before Jefferson. They moved on and got Brown. It would help if the fan base wouldn't just accept every schmuck they put in uniform. Let em hear it. 

In what world is 5.7 yds/c a bust?

Edited by Billz4ever

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

In what world is 5.7 YPC a bust?

Ok so you can find qbs with better qb ratings than Allen, like Purdy. How many games you think the Bills win with Purdy at qb? I'd say maybe 1.  Defenses cared so much about Cook he's got your dumb ass fooled. Trung Candidate had a fine career with nearly 5 ypc. Seriously doubt he is going to Canton. No offense but your arguments show your lack of knowledge. 

4 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Ok so you can find qbs with better qb ratings than Allen, like Purdy. How many games you think the Bills win with Purdy at qb? I'd say maybe 1.  Defenses cared so much about Cook he's got your dumb ass fooled. Trung Candidate had a fine career with nearly 5 ypc. Seriously doubt he is going to Canton. No offense but your arguments show your lack of knowledge. 

Trying to compare QB rating to yards per carry for a RB is a laughable comparison.

You said he was a bust and you provided nothing to back it up.  You therefore literally have no argument. 

Nobody said anything about him going to Canton so great job killing that strawman.

Edited by Billz4ever

Just now, 1onemangang7 said:

There's a wide range of possibility between Canton and bust. Your impertinence is troll level.

• Agree 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

There's a wide range of possibility between Canton and bust. Your impertinence is troll level.

I'm trolling Cook? Lmao.  Bust cause you coulda had anybody do his job and you wasted a 2. Why be so proud? So what you made a mistake. Move on. If they have any clue what an NfL running back looks like they can move on.

2 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

I'm trolling Cook? Lmao.  Bust cause you coulda had anybody do his job and you wasted a 2. Why be so proud? So what you made a mistake. Move on. If they have any clue what an NfL running back looks like they can move on.

Cook was a rookie playing RB2 in an offense with a rookie OC, who clearly had a pass first philosophy, under a HC who has shown a reluctance to play rookies on a consistent basis.  Cook's playing time steadily increased as the season went on and he did fine.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Trying to compare QB rating to yards per carry for a RB is a laughable comparison.

You said he was a bust and you provided nothing to back it up.  You therefore literally have no argument. 

Nobody said anything about him going to Canton so great job killing 

How is it laughable. You're grading him on ypc. Qbs are graded on qbr. What were his ypc In meaningful games? Against teams with good oypc? His games with 2 rushes and 18 yards to juice his ypc are supposed to impress and waste the quarterbacks years? Your Josh Allen clock is ticking and it ticks faster the more he has the team on his back.

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

LMAO, Cook was a rookie playing RB2 in an offense with a rookie OC, who clearly had a pass first philosophy, under a HC who has shown a reluctance to play rookies on a consistent basis.  Cook's playing time steadily increased as the season went on and he did fine.

You clearly don't watch Bills games.

Losing is fine for you. Cool. The guy is too small. Parcells says it and you Cook lovers don't argue with him. Allen is playing solitaire 

Edited by 1onemangang7
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

How is it laughable. You're grading him on ypc. Qbs are graded on qbr. What were his ypc I'm meaningful games? Against teams with good oypc? His games with 2 rushes and 18 yards to juice his ypc are supposed to impress and waste the quarterbacks years. Your Josh Allen clock is ticking and it ticks faster the more he has the team on his back.

Name these games where he had 2 carries for 18 yards to "juice" his ypc. You're just making things up as you go along now.

Our O-Line sucked.  It's literally ranked in the bottom quarter of the entire league.

Edited by Billz4ever

The consensus is unanimous from what I've seen, the NFL community thinks he will be great. 

But if you're dedicating at R1 pick to him, where does that leave Cook? 

Let alone Hines, who couldn't get on the field with Singletary and Cook in front of him, but he's scheduled to make $4.8M this year. 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The consensus is unanimous from what I've seen, the NFL community thinks he will be great. 

Let alone Hines, who couldn't get on the field with Singletary and Cook in front of him, but he's scheduled to make $4.8M this year. 

It makes cook your breather, 3rd and forever, he hitter when defenses are worn.

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Name these games where he had 2 carries for 18 yards to "juice" his ypc. You're just making things up as you go along now.

Here's another clue...Our O-Line sucked.  It's literally ranked in the bottom quarter of the entire league.

You don't answer my questions directly. Look it up. I'm done with you

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

If we keep Hines on that contract I’ll throw up in my mouth.  I like him, but not at that price tag especially with Dorsey calling plays.  I don’t know if Ken has the vision to use him properly.  He clearly had no clue this year, which was really disappointing 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.