Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

He'd be hard to pass up if he fell to #27 ... Some other team will make it easy on the Bills and draft him before Beane gets a chance.

Yep, he's the #1 RB on most boards and to think he falls to almost the end of the first round is a pipe dream.  

I'll say it now...the only way we get him is if we trade up and that would be ill-advised considering what it would probably cost and what little draft picks we have this year as it is.

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

This is where Beane makes his money. He may have to move some assets

I’m not trying to be argumentative, but what assets would he trade to move up, say 20 spots in round 2?  I would not want to trade our 2nd and 3rd to move up in the second.  Maybe they trade Oliver, but I don’t think you’ll get a high 2nd rounder for him given he is due a new contract soon.  

What I am suggesting is that it might not be easy to address OL in the late 2nd, so that makes Robinson an ill-advised luxury pick, in my opinion.  That doesn’t mean that I am certain to be right - just how I see it.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Yep, he's the #1 RB on most boards and to think he falls to almost the end of the first round is a pipe dream.  

I'll say it now...the only way we get him is if we trade up and that would be ill-advised considering what it would probably cost and what little draft picks we have this year as it is.

On every board….No?  No other back in this class is in his realm.

it’s not the ranking of the player among his RB peers that will get him selected before we pick.   It’s his ranking among every player in the draft. Top 5 player imo.  He’s a truly great RB.  His agility (especially for a guy his size) is almost unmatched from my memory.  

that said-  trading up for a Rb….oh hell naw

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I’m not trying to be argumentative, but what assets would he trade to move up, say 20 spots in round 2?  I would not want to trade our 2nd and 3rd to move up in the second.  Maybe they trade Oliver, but I don’t think you’ll get a high 2nd rounder for him given he is due a new contract soon.  

What I am suggesting is that it might not be easy to address OL in the late 2nd, so that makes Robinson an ill-advised luxury pick, in my opinion.  That doesn’t mean that I am certain to be right - just how I see it.

I don't think they have to move up 20 spots to get a quality OL that can possibly start next season. There are players like Darnell Walker, Carter Warren that can plug in at RT. Inside there's Juice Scruggs, Joe Tillman, JM Schmitz, etc. This is a great draft for IOL, IMO. I'm tired of people saying RB is a "luxury" pick. A "threat" at the RB position can really help an offense. Think Tony Pollard and the Dallas Cowboys. Austin Exeler and the Chargers. Yeah, they were late round picks but crucial to their offense. I'm tired of trying to find a diamond in the rough. Just give me a diamond

28 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Nah, McDermott will grab a safety.

I'm not sure what the problem is Bill, the passing game is how you win...defending it that is.  ;) 

Another safety is possible even if it's not the first round, could definitely see a 2nd pick because McBeane loves to go need with that pick.  

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

On every board….No?  No other back in this class is in his realm.

it’s not the ranking of the player among his RB peers that will get him selected before we pick.   It’s his ranking among every player in the draft. Top 5 player imo.  He’s a truly great RB.  His agility (especially for a guy his size) is almost unmatched from my memory.  

that said-  trading up for a Rb….oh hell naw

Yeah, every board I've seen.  I didn't want to claim every because there would be that guy who would find one he wasn't and say I was wrong, lol.  

I'm not denying how good he is. In fact, if he does somehow fall to us, Beane is going to have to think hard about it, but in no way should we trade up to get him like you said.

38 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Yeah, every board I've seen.  I didn't want to claim every because there would be that guy who would find one he wasn't and say I was wrong, lol.  

I'm not denying how good he is. In fact, if he does somehow fall to us, Beane is going to have to think hard about it, but in no way should we trade up to get him like you said.

lol, I get it.  Makes sense.

I was more or less putting a stamp of approval on your statement that Bijan is the overwhelming  consensus best RB in this class.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/4/2023 at 12:11 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

If Safety is BPA, it’s certainly possible.  But Bijan on the board at 27 would hands down make Bijan BPA

Perhaps, but 1st round RBs are an improper way to build a football team, especially a team with a very suspect offensive line and a potential HOF QB who needs to be protected. A "bpa" safety would also be ill advised. 

Please, since OJ Simpson, find me a first round RB or Safety who was a big help to the Buffalo Bills.......

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/bills

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Perhaps, but 1st round RBs are an improper way to build a football team, especially a team with a very suspect offensive line and a potential HOF QB who needs to be protected. A "bpa" safety woulkd also be ill advised. 

Please, since OJ Simpson, find me a first round RB or Safety who was a big help to the Buffalo Bills.......

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/bills

I don't care whose been a help to Buffalo Bills teams only in its history when its been completely different rosters, GM's, HC's, etc.  I care about what happens around the NFL, and right now, a major issue we need to improve on is running the ball, especially with the bad weather late season in Buffalo.  That is a two prong approach...fixing the OL and getting the right RB.  Cook absolutely is NOT a bad weather RB and Devin is likely leaving.  

And to be clear, I am not even advocating for a RB in the first, I am simply stating if Bijan is on the board at 27 (which he won't likely be), he would almost certainly be the best player on the board regardless of position.  

If you read my other posts in other threads, my actual preference is to sign D'Onta Foreman to be the replacement for Devin.  I would rather do that and use the draft picks to fill other holes.  

But, the number 1 way to blow a draft is to reach for need, so I am all about BPA.  So if we don't sign a RB, then I can't see how they pass on Bijan at 27, he would almost certainly be the BPA and I would rather add the best talent than reach for need elsewhere.  Im hoping for 2 OL in the first 3 rounds if we don't address it in free agency aggressively.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't care whose been a help to Buffalo Bills teams only in its history when its been completely different rosters, GM's, HC's, etc.  I care about what happens around the NFL, and right now, a major issue we need to improve on is running the ball, especially with the bad weather late season in Buffalo.  That is a two prong approach...fixing the OL and getting the right RB.  Cook absolutely is NOT a bad weather RB and Devin is likely leaving.  

And to be clear, I am not even advocating for a RB in the first, I am simply stating if Bijan is on the board at 27 (which he won't likely be), he would almost certainly be the best player on the board regardless of position.  

If you read my other posts in other threads, my actual preference is to sign D'Onta Foreman to be the replacement for Devin.  I would rather do that and use the draft picks to fill other holes.  

But, the number 1 way to blow a draft is to reach for need, so I am all about BPA.  So if we don't sign a RB, then I can't see how they pass on Bijan at 27, he would almost certainly be the BPA and I would rather add the best talent than reach for need elsewhere.  Im hoping for 2 OL in the first 3 rounds if we don't address it in free agency aggressively.  

Good post Alpha. Generally, I agree with not reaching for a need. Of course if it's close between BPA fill the need.

A few things that I'd like to add about the running game. I think the premise that the Bills can't effectively run the ball is incorrect. Don't agree with they can't get the tough yards in critical situations or in inclimate weather. Devin and Cook with Allen sprinkled in are a more than enough of a running game for an effective offense. In fact, stats showed the Bills average 5.1 yards a rush. Surely, it's inflated because most teams concentrated on stopping the Bills passing game. 

Imho, the real issue with the running game is scheme, coaching, and game planning. The offense lacked continuity, rhythm, and an identity. The running game from game to game and even quarter to quarter was erratic with a borderline personality disorder. The Bills coaches have to learn how to implement an effective running game that compliments it's passing game. We saw glimpses this year but nothing that's needed to make the Bills offense hum. 

In short, I just do not trust the Bills coaching staff. Way too much has been on Allen's plate since he's arrived. Certainly, he can handle most of what's given to him. However, in the playoffs that's when things go sour. Been a consistent theme for years now. Point being if the Bills got Barkely, CMC, Robinson, etc.. I doubt they would reach their ceiling in Buffalo. Coaching matters...

29 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

That's the problem!! Let's stop relying on Allen to run the ball. It's time to have someone he can reliably hand it to. 

I am fine with scaling back his running. However, his legs are a huge weapon which makes it difficult on defenses. I'm fine with some timely run by design and improvised runs too. No way to I want to see Allen only as a passer. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.