Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

@NewEra, I’m gonna try this one more again!! Not trying to hit the hundred page mark though 😂. Bijan Robinson is THE dual threat RB needed to supplement Josh Allen. I banged the drum for Breece Hall last draft. I’m gonna clash the cymbals for Bijan. Maybe Beane and Co. will hear this time. Offensive linemen can be had to immediately help this team in rd 2 and beyond 

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

@NewEra, I’m gonna try this one more again!! Not trying to hit the hundred page mark though 😂. Bijan Robinson is THE dual threat RB needed to supplement Josh Allen. I banged the drum for Breece Hall last draft. I’m gonna clash the cymbals for Bijan. Maybe Beane and Co. will hear this time. Offensive linemen can be had to immediately help this team in rd 2 and beyond 

Of course you are! 

He’s a demon.  I wouldn’t hate on it.  It’s not my preference, but we’d be getting a top 5 player in the class with the 27th pick. That said.  I REALLY doubt he slips to us.  He’s a different animal than Breece Hall.

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 2

On 1/29/2023 at 4:18 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

He couldn't add it at Georgia!! They're basically a NFL G-league

How do we know that cook couldn’t add weight and Georgia

He didn’t need to to be extremely effective in college. His height suggests that he could add the weight.

19 hours ago, NewEra said:

Of course you are! 

He’s a demon.  I wouldn’t hate on it.  It’s not my preference, but we’d be getting a top 5 player in the class with the 27th pick. That said.  I REALLY doubt he slips to us.  He’s a different animal than Breece Hall.

It will be a dilemma if he is there at our pick, we really have not gone all in on a running back yet

My preference is to take a wide receiver or a lineman, but you have to be careful not to reach and get a player that ends up being unplayable

This is supposed to be a solid draft for running backs in general, though with being able to find them in the later rounds, I would be highly surprised if we did go Bijan Robinson, and I actually hope that he is not there when we pick to make it hard

Note, I will end up loving the pic like I always do. That’s the fan in me.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

How do we know that cook couldn’t add weight and Georgia

He didn’t need to to be extremely effective in college. His height suggests that he could add the weight.

It will be a dilemma if he is there at our pick, we really have not gone all in on a running back yet

My preference is to take a wide receiver or a lineman, but you have to be careful not to reach and get a player that ends up being unplayable

This is supposed to be a solid draft for running backs in general, though with being able to find them in the later rounds, I would be highly surprised if we did go Bijan Robinson, and I actually hope that he is not there when we pick to make it hard

Note, I will end up loving the pic like I always do. That’s the fan in me.

The feelings are mutual John. 

Whichever position we draft, I just hope that player turns out to be great.  If it’s a RB, just hope that he can help run us to a Lombardi.  

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

It's like groundhogs day with some of you guys. They said the same when Jonathan Taylor was available. Breece Hall. Let's stop playing and get THE BEST RB in college football to add to the BEST QB in the NFL. Let's help the Bills play action/RPO game by giving them a RB that will effect the play of the opposing teams linebacking corp. As far as Cook's weight, maybe he could've put it on but would it have affected his playing speed? There was a reason it wasn't done at Georgia

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/29/2023 at 6:13 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

Charles, he ran very tentatively against the Bengals

He’s an extremely patient runner.  

Running backs like him seem to be patient when they have good blocking and tentative when they have no holes. 

He looked dam good to me…..his 5 carries vs Cinci not withstanding

Edited by NewEra

If Bijan is on the board at 27, I can almost guarantee he will be the pick.  Here is why:

1. Beane made an offer on CMC, and he was linked to inquiring into other RB's during the season.  So there is established interest there already, and more so now with the likely departure of Devin.
  2. He will be without question the BPA at 27 no matter how the draft falls if he remains on the board.  

I would expect that if we did take Bijan at 27, we likely go OL with 2 of our next 3 picks.

HOWEVER:  I do not expect Bijan to be there at 27.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

It's like groundhogs day with some of you guys. They said the same when Jonathan Taylor was available. Breece Hall. Let's stop playing and get THE BEST RB in college football to add to the BEST QB in the NFL. Let's help the Bills play action/RPO game by giving them a RB that will effect the play of the opposing teams linebacking corp. As far as Cook's weight, maybe he could've put it on but would it have affected his playing speed? There was a reason it wasn't done at Georgia

This is exactly what Philly does with there excellent RB QB combo and yes they have a fantastic Oline but they force teams to cover every inch of space on that field. 

• Like (+1) 1

To me the priorities in this off season should be O-line and WR. We probably need to add  2 of each. But if BR is there at 27 I think you have to take him if you believe he is a genuine franchise back, which looks very much to be the case. Not an expert by any means but I think Jamyr Gibbs may be as talented as Robinson (although 20 LBs lighter). I think Gibbs may prove better than Cook (they are similar backs) but I also think that Cook should be very good with the Bills. I'm pretty sure he can run between the tackles effectively even at 190 pounds and certainly if he adds weight (though no one would mistake him for a bell cow power back). Bijan could add that to the mix together with game breaking ability. 

It will be fascinating to see exactly how the Bills now approach the draft and FA. My impression is that McD has had a lot of influence in picking players. Now the emphasis has got to be on the offence and I look forward to seeing a change in the mindset with which the Bills have previously managed personnel.

28 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

To me the priorities in this off season should be O-line and WR. We probably need to add  2 of each. But if BR is there at 27 I think you have to take him if you believe he is a genuine franchise back, which looks very much to be the case. Not an expert by any means but I think Jamyr Gibbs may be as talented as Robinson (although 20 LBs lighter). I think Gibbs may prove better than Cook (they are similar backs) but I also think that Cook should be very good with the Bills. I'm pretty sure he can run between the tackles effectively even at 190 pounds and certainly if he adds weight (though no one would mistake him for a bell cow power back). Bijan could add that to the mix together with game breaking ability. 

It will be fascinating to see exactly how the Bills now approach the draft and FA. My impression is that McD has had a lot of influence in picking players. Now the emphasis has got to be on the offence and I look forward to seeing a change in the mindset with which the Bills have previously managed personnel.

He is good, no doubt.  I don’t think he would be nearly as good behind a poor OL in an offense that only runs the ball occasionally.  RBs really don’t generally have long careers, so if you draft one you figure he is on your team four only 4-5 years.  A good OL can play much longer.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

He is good, no doubt.  I don’t think he would be nearly as good behind a poor OL in an offense that only runs the ball occasionally.  RBs really don’t generally have long careers, so if you draft one you figure he is on your team four only 4-5 years.  A good OL can play much longer.

Well I hear you but Bijan is probably a lot better than just good and 5 years is a large enough window within which to seriously challenge for a championship. If he's done after 4- 5 (though I don't think this is written in stone) you've had a great back for cheap. And while it's true that the Bills are primarily a passing team I think we can all agree that we need a more balanced offence with a lot more scope for the run game over what we had this past year. 

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Just show me the plan to improve the line in the wide receiver position and I’m with you

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Well I hear you but Bijan is probably a lot better than just good and 5 years is a large enough window within which to seriously challenge for a championship. If he's done after 4- 5 (though I don't think this is written in stone) you've had a great back for cheap. And while it's true that the Bills are primarily a passing team I think we can all agree that we need a more balanced offence with a lot more scope for the run game over what we had this past year. 

I’m just noting that in 5 years, they will have a hole whereas selection of a good OL leaves the possibility that he is still with your team and performing well for maybe 3-4 more years.

Additionally, picking Robinson with this OL will dilute his value/production until they can fix the line.

The Eagles are not a great running team because Miles Sanders is the best RB in the league, it is because they have a really good OL and weapons in the passing game that spread defenses thin.

I am wholeheartedly on board with Bills improving their run game, I just think that is better and more sustainably done through a good OL and other weapons to threaten a defense than through picking an Uber-talented runner and dumping him behind a weak OL with only 1 NFL starting caliber WR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I believe the line can be fixed in the draft. Darnell Wright is plug and play at RT. There's a plethora of IOL in draft that can play day one as well. Bijan helps the WR position. 

How will you get Darnell Wright and Bijon Robinson in the draft.  I would be very surprised if Wright makes it past early-mid 2nd.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.