Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

17 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Pretending that you know what a guy is after on ... again, completely nuts.

Whatever your definition of bust is, it's totally wrong. Thinking that a guy is a bust after one year only shows you just simply don't get it. Unless the guy has been cut from the team calling a guy a bust after a year says far far more about your lack of a clue about how to judge busts than it does about the player.

We really don't, Ja.

It'd be nice, but it's absolutely not a need. Did L.A. have a guy like that when they won the SB? Did Brady ever play with a guy like that?

Not even close to a need. Nice complimentary pieces at RB are how most (certainly not all, but many to most) SB teams look.

LA had guys on their team that made defenses RESPECT them. Darrell Henderson, Cam Akers. Brady DEFINITELY had guys like that. Defenses DID NOT fear Motor/Cook. They probably invited Motor to carry the ball in hopes to make him fumble

• Agree 1

To me, it is all about how the draft falls

I am a huge proponent of not drafting at a position whenever the player of value is not there. The reason why I keep pushing for either an offense of lineman, or a wide receiver is because typically there is value at those positions at the end of the first round.

Now, let’s say all of the top players at those positions have been drafted in this running back is the best value and on the board then of course he’s the logical pick

On 1/25/2023 at 6:06 AM, 1onemangang7 said:

Pretending Josh wasn't the best runner on the team and depended upon in short yardage is nuts. Then the gm has the nads to say the guy is taking too many hits. Bottom line is without Allen you don't win anything.  Without Cook nothing changes. You should really do something else with your time, or start getting schooled by those fans you deem nutty.

You absolutely can’t make that determination player after the first year, especially one that wasn’t being used at the beginning of the year

Nowadays, in the NFL, there is no one back system so I expect there to be a second running back and I’m hoping that the attributes of that running back are different than cooki, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like cooks game

6 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

We don't have a back that you would trust handing the ball to inside the 5.  That's a problem.  

We would if we had an offensive line, that could move people off the ball

The problem is in Cook’s current configuration. He would not hold up over the course of a season with 25 carries a game. At least that’s my opinion.

That doesn’t mean that he won’t be an outstanding running back

• Disagree 1

On 1/20/2023 at 3:43 PM, gjv said:

Should Bijan Robinson fall to the Bills in this upcoming draft, Beane and company should sprint to the podium, thanking their lucky stars all the way, to select Bijan. An RB of his talent coupled with Josh Allen would almost be an unfair offense. Certainly, we have needs on the Oline and secondary. But in my opinion, Robinson's upgrade to our overall team won't be available at another position. Not to mention, a back like Robinson can be the center piece of an offense should Allen not be available.

I agree . People just don’t realize how much we need an elite back if we ever get one I guess that’s when people will see the difference. 

The Bills are in need of difference makers really doesn’t matter what position they play other then QB. So at #27 grab the guy that can possibly be that difference. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I really don’t like it, but he’s a top 5 back. This ain’t Breece Hall we are debating. I think you have to pull the trigger if he is there at 27. At least you get big time production for a cheap price for 4 years. 

You could put Barry sanders behind that line. If they don’t improve the line it doesn’t matter how good the running back is.

I’m not saying that he shouldn’t be the pic. I think it should depend on how the draft falls as to what player we take. I’m just saying don’t put filet mignon out there if they’re running behind hamburger meat.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You could put Barry sanders behind that line. If they don’t improve the line it doesn’t matter how good the running back is.

I’m not saying that he shouldn’t be the pic. I think it should depend on how the draft falls as to what player we take. I’m just saying don’t put filet mignon out there if they’re running behind hamburger meat.

I agree partially. Sanders played behind lines that were god awful. This line is very, lets say below average. Saffold is terrible.  But also do not think the line upgrades come via first round of the draft. I think they add in free agency. Mid level guys like a David Edwards type, and maybe draft some mid round guys. They just continue to pass on interesting mid round linemen year after year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The problem is in Cook’s current configuration. He would not hold up over the course of a season with 25 carries a game. At least that’s my opinion.

That doesn’t mean that he won’t be an outstanding running back

I like Cook a lot, but I don’t think he's a goal line guy.  Also, due to his size, I'm not sure he'll ever be great in pass protection.

• Like (+1) 1

I got a bad feeling about this prospect.  Just a feeling.  Every time I see an "ultra cut" athlete, I feel that they have failed to live up to the hype.  Time will tell.

But as for "need", I'd say look outside of the first for RB even if he fell to us.

I'd pick an O-lineman before this guy.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t think cook is a finished product physically

I'm guessing Cook adds around 10 lbs of muscle in the offseason with the program the trainers probably have him on.

I'm expecting him to make great strides heading into next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/20/2023 at 9:36 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

Omg....our desperate need for OL & WR is so ridiculously obvious,  yet people still want a RB. Cook & Hines plus a couple UDFA's will do just fine. Fixing this 5 yr OL mess is the priority. 

And a top oline is gonna make any back look good. Whereas even the best rbs can be contained if they got a bad oline they either get stopped or worn out (injured) before end of season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

He couldn't add it at Georgia!! They're basically a NFL G-league

Do we know what he weighed coming in as a freshman?

I'm pretty sure he's aware now at the NFL level he needs to be playing at a heavier weight. I've got faith in the trainers they can help him get there.

Have to wait and find out. 

21 hours ago, Billever76 said:

Maybe Broderick jones or ocyrus

If Broderick Jones is available, take him.  I'll be surprised if he is.  O'Cyrus Torrence is a good guard prospect.  Some think he's a first round value.  Some think he's a second round value.  He's a massive dude at close to 350 lbs. The problem is the Bills seem hell bent on running a zone blocking scheme at least part of the time.   I just don't know that Torrence is going to fit what the Bills want to do.   If the Bills do pick Torrence, it gives a clear indication of a shift in thinking, so we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.