Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

I'll be fully supportive of getting value at the end of the first with a great talent at a position that is generally downgraded in the draft like G, C, S, LB..  all positions of need as well (except C unless Morse is cut).

We took Cook last year he looks great, no need to draft RB.

Knox monster contract means don't bother with TE.

I would also be a fan of trading down or trading for a future 1st given the cap situation next year. 

On 1/20/2023 at 10:28 AM, CapeBreton said:

When Pittsburgh drafts a WR in the second round, they're a guaranteed stud. When the Bills draft a WR in the second round, they get Zay Jones lol. The team is probably still traumatized from that.

82 rec over 800 yds and 5 tds this regular season. We could have used that. It just didn’t work out for him here. Not a bad pick overall. 

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Only because of the 5 year shelf life most RBs are destined to play. I still think there's an outside chance CMC gets there. Especially if he has a SB win on his resume

They have such short shelf lives now because the best RB's of today aren't the elite football players that used to man the position.     They are the Kenny Davis types not the Thurman Thomas types.    The elite RB talents of yesteryear now play defense or are receivers or QB's..........because that's where the money is.    The guys who play RB now usually don't have the size or the speed to play elsewhere.

• Agree 1

On 1/20/2023 at 7:50 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

So what do you do with the RB that you used a 2nd round pick on and is averaging 5.7 yards per carry?     Give them the same split Cook has with Singletary?   Take the ball out of the hands of your QB to average about 2-3 yards less per play than throwing it at a 7.6 yards per attempt clip?

For guys like Jeremiah it's just a thoughtless pick.

The Bills have a franchise QB who has taken a beating the past two seasons but the answer isn't to run the ball more.   It's block better and give him more receivers who win matchups so he can go back to being that guy he was in 2020 who was making huge plays in the passing game while also completing nearly 70% of his passes and looked like he had 15 elite years in front of him.

the issue is no good WRs are projected to be available at the end of round 1.  Robinson is the likely BPA, and a different back than Cook. Drafting for need is why we have Basham over Humphrey, which oddly now is a need.  

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Was watching Landon Dickerson the guard for the Eagles playing today. Give me one of those please

I agree but the draft this year doesn't line up at pick 30-32 with a guy like that. The only few late 1st round types are slow power blocking scheme types. Now, I think there is a good handful of free agent interior guys....does Beane restructure a few contracts and free up some cash? Might have to do it that way this time around.

I

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It would be insanely frustrating if a team as good as ours is spent a 4th valuable draft pick on a RB. We’ve already poured way too many assets into the position. 

But we’re about to lose a running back, possibly in Singletary

I love cook I don’t mind Hines. It bothers me a little bit that cook has never been a full-time back and is a little bit slight. I would feel much better if he gained 10 pounds in the off-season but I also don’t know how that would affect his speed

If we lose motor would not be shocked if we drafted a running back

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I

But we’re about to lose a running back, possibly in Singletary

I love cook I don’t mind Hines. It bothers me a little bit that cook has never been a full-time back and is a little bit slight. I would feel much better if he gained 10 pounds in the off-season but I also don’t know how that would affect his speed

If we lose motor would not be shocked if we drafted a running back

If we lose Motor, we should consider using a 5th-7th round pick on a RB or sign someone for the minimum.

• Vomit 1

22 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Zay:  68% catch rate

Gabe: 51% catch rate

Gabe needs to tighten up 

I was speaking more to the yards and touchdowns

Just now, DCOrange said:

If we lose Motor, we should consider using a 5th-7th round pick on a RB or sign someone for the minimum.

I personally liked Duke Johnson, who got no burn with us this year

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Yeah... Somebody like Zach "business decision" Moss. Give me a break

Yes I would definitely rather have Moss than Bijan considering the opportunity cost. The only 1st round picks that would definitely upset me more than Bijan would be a different RB, QB, kicker, punter, kick returner, or long snapper.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1

22 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

the issue is no good WRs are projected to be available at the end of round 1.  Robinson is the likely BPA, and a different back than Cook. Drafting for need is why we have Basham over Humphrey, which oddly now is a need.  

I wholeheartedly agree that drafting for need is often disastrous.   But BPA in round 1 should be about premium positions only.    RB is not one of those.   Guard isn't either.   Which is why it might be required of Beane to think out of the box about how to handle that asset.    Trade up?   Trade back?   Trade it for a proven player?   

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I wholeheartedly agree that drafting for need is often disastrous.   But BPA in round 1 should be about premium positions only.    RB is not one of those.   Guard isn't either.   Which is why it might be required of Beane to think out of the box about how to handle that asset.    Trade up?   Trade back?   Trade it for a proven player?   

The entire football world can see the Buffalo Bills dont have a runner so these guys keep getting mocked to the Bills in the first round.  I agree you have legit point on the economics.  I agree they could have found a solution on another teams practice squad.  Your arguments come with the premise they know how to navigate it, and the frustration with the fans is they can see the need so why cant the Bills brass. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I generally agree that RB isn’t, but if he is a Henry/Barkey/McCaffery talent I’d take him.  Otherwise trade back, or better, trade up for a stud OT or WR (our bigger needs).  We have a bad draft slot currently it looks like (assuming Bean actually picks the right player) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.