Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

This guy is special,  the best RB since Barkley.  He would be a fantastic fit and take pressure off of Josh. That being said, unfortunately I don't think we can take him if he's there. I think we need WR and OL desperately,  and perhaps safety in that spot. But if Beane decides that he is by far the best player on the board at that point I'm ok with it. 

8 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Is there any shot for the Bills to draft him? He sure would make our offense a whole bunch different.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5Mmtfmqb0MI&feature=shares

I really think we see cook/hynes as the 1-2, and then a value add with whoever the odd man out is on the dozen or so starting running back free agents 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Beane has spent 3 day 2/3 picks on RBs over the past three years… those are high picks… and at the same time they seem to hate to spend those high picks on WRs for a passing offense with arguably the best QB in the game. Head scratching strategy. 

The WR draft strategy has been waiting on WR in loaded draft classes, 2020 they got Davis late and 2022 they got Shakir, both looking like great values and solid players but not stars. I think if they want a home run WR, you gotta take them early but it seems like most teams are reaching on them in the early rounds, so they’re tough to get. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

The WR draft strategy has been waiting on WR in loaded draft classes, 2020 they got Davis late and 2022 they got Shakir, both looking like great values and solid players but not stars. I think if they want a home run WR, you gotta take them early but it seems like most teams are reaching on them in the early rounds, so they’re tough to get. 

No.

Pittsburgh model.  Mike Wallace in the third in 2009.  Emmanuel Sanders in the third in 2010.  Antonio Brown in the sixth in 2010. Markus Wheaton in the third in 2013. Marty Bryant in the fourth in 2014. Sammie Coates in the third in 2015. Juju in the second in 2017.  James Washington in the third in 2018.  Diontae Johnson in the third in 2019. Claypool in the second in 2020. Pickens in the second in 2022.

Do you know why they always have a great WR group?  Because they draft the ***** out of them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Omg....our desperate need for OL & WR is so ridiculously obvious,  yet people still want a RB. Cook & Hines plus a couple UDFA's will do just fine. Fixing this 5 yr OL mess is the priority. 

Are you willing to reach for another Basham/Epenesa for a need or would you want to have the best player in college football @ 31? 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No.

Pittsburgh model.  Mike Wallace in the third in 2009.  Emmanuel Sanders in the third in 2010.  Antonio Brown in the sixth in 2010. Markus Wheaton in the third in 2013. Marty Bryant in the fourth in 2014. Sammie Coates in the third in 2015. Juju in the second in 2017.  James Washington in the third in 2018.  Diontae Johnson in the third in 2019. Claypool in the second in 2020. Pickens in the second in 2022.

Do you know why they always have a great WR group?  Because they draft the ***** out of them.

When Pittsburgh drafts a WR in the second round, they're a guaranteed stud. When the Bills draft a WR in the second round, they get Zay Jones lol. The team is probably still traumatized from that.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Beane has spent 3 day 2/3 picks on RBs over the past three years… those are high picks… and at the same time they seem to hate to spend those high picks on WRs for a passing offense with arguably the best QB in the game. Head scratching strategy. 

But no, first round picks. I agree with the exception of the pic swap they did for diggs no other wide receivers taken although they’ve made it work pretty well. I think they better start thinking about doing it this year.

DS is solid and Cook has definitely shown some good flashes. But it would be really interesting to see what an elite back could do with Allen.  Definitely not the biggest need but if a super talented guy is there in the 2nd, I would be tempted.

like Chase Brown of Illinois and the little back from Kansas State as well.

8 minutes ago, gotme365 said:

We’ve already spent a ton of draft resources on Rb’s. The return on investment hasn’t been great. We should be loading up on linemen. I wouldn’t draft a RB before the 9th round 

It is true. Kinda of crazy we haven’t been able to find a really legit star rb with so many 3rd picks. 

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Cook is in place and if the Bills don’t bring back Singletary and or Hines they can find a vet backup on the cheap and draft a RB in the mid-rounds for depth. 

The Bills need help at guard, RT, safety and WR before they venture off into luxury picks

You might see them take an OT in they first.  At least based on some reading, it looks like a lackluster draft for C and G.  There are a few, but PFF currently thinks 5 IOL are worth picking before day 3.  

8 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Motor is probably going to walk with Cook & Hines splitting the rock. 

I don't see any RBs being signed unless they are UDFAs or a cheap FA option. 

I sure hope not. Despite being smallish, Singletary brings a toughness to the position. He’s very well-rounded. Can move the pile, pass protect very well, catch out of the backfield (much improved in this area) and juke guys out. I love the consistency he brings. You know what you’re gonna get out of him every game. Averages 4.7 yards a carry. I like the fact that Buffalo has a trio of RBs with all different skill sets. It opens up the playbook a lot more. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am firmly in the boat of having a group of RBs that you pick up in the mid rounds to share the RB position, BUT if this dude drops to 32 I think Buffalo should pick him up.  He is a very good RB and would add a great dimension to our offense.

A formation with Cook and Bijan in the backfield, Diggs, Gabe, and Knox...   Whoa!

• Agree 3

Every year there are a handful of college RBs that put up eye popping numbers (and yes Bijan is one of them.) and EVERY YEAR, the same handful of posters post threads about these guys being “the difference maker the Bills need” or some variation thereof. 

How many of these guys that blew up in their final year at college actually turn out to be anything other than passable to good backs in the league?

11 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Every year there are a handful of college RBs that put up eye popping numbers (and yes Bijan is one of them.) and EVERY YEAR, the same handful of posters post threads about these guys being “the difference maker the Bills need” or some variation thereof. 

How many of these guys that blew up in their final year at college actually turn out to be anything other than passable to good backs in the league?

Most recently, Josh Jacobs/Jonathan Taylor/Breece Hall

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.