Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

4 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Motor is probably going to walk with Cook & Hines splitting the rock. 

I don't see any RBs being signed unless they are UDFAs or a cheap FA option. 

Hines hasn't been used a RB since 2021.  Why would the Bills let Singletary walk?

• Agree 1

Should Bijan Robinson fall to the Bills in this upcoming draft, Beane and company should sprint to the podium, thanking their lucky stars all the way, to select Bijan. An RB of his talent coupled with Josh Allen would almost be an unfair offense. Certainly, we have needs on the Oline and secondary. But in my opinion, Robinson's upgrade to our overall team won't be available at another position. Not to mention, a back like Robinson can be the center piece of an offense should Allen not be available.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It would be tempting, but I don’t think it makes any sense for us. 

Next year is likely Cook as RB1, with an increased role for Hines.   

I, for one, think Cook can be a top tier RB1 after an off-season to prep. 

I do think we will draft a RB, but not early.. I’m thinking Day 3. 

Right now we dress 4 RB’s on Gameday.. Singletary, Cook, Hines & Jones.   I think it’s about 70/30 Singletary gets a FA deal elsewhere and with JA’s contract kicking in, fringe roster luxuries like Taiwan Jones don’t seem plausible any longer.  

So we’ll likely be in the market for a RB, but drafting Bijan (if he’s there) over OL or WR when we have Cook & Hines seems like bad allocation of resources on a pass heavy team. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The obsession with RBs on this board continues…. It’s quite unreal….

Anyone with sense that watches this team game in and game out knows the Bills need help outside at WR and upfront along the offensive line…. Not another high round RB. Enough already. 😅

So I don’t disagree with you at the positions that we need but where are we drafting? Running backs high unless you consider the second round high

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So I don’t disagree with you at the positions that we need but where are we drafting? Running backs high unless you consider the second round high

RD2 is high for a RB.  That’s typically where the top tier guys for that position go. 

We have James Cook, who will be in his 2nd year next season.   Watching him play down the stretch, I don’t understand why people think we need to upgrade.  

We still have no idea what Hines will look like after an off-season to install his role.  

Strengthen the OL and you have two guys that are threats to house it at any moment. 

Then target a RB on Day 3 to round out the room. 

I mean, if Bijan inexplicably drops to late RD2, sure, might be too hard to pass up, but he won’t … and that RD1 pick needs to be a guy that’s a factor on a majority of snaps for his position in our system.  WR or OL.  I’m sure Safety will be in the mix as well on Day 1 or Day 2. 

I’d be all for the Bills taking Bijan, but he’ll be gone for sure, he’ll probably destroy the combine and he just looks unreal. 

I also don’t think James Cook can shoulder a huge workload, he needs to be splitting with someone else. Whether it be Singletary or whoever they bring in via free agency or the draft. 

Edited by CapeBreton

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Beane has spent 3 day 2/3 picks on RBs over the past three years… those are high picks… and at the same time they seem to hate to spend those high picks on WRs for a passing offense with arguably the best QB in the game. Head scratching strategy. 

Can’t argue this. Other than the pick used to trade for Diggs, the highest pick Beane has used for a WR is round 4. I do expect it to change this draft, though. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.