RIP David Crosby

Logic

Absolute legend. Nothing I can really say to do him justice. RIP.

https://nbc-2.com/news/entertainment/2023/01/19/legendary-musician-husband-father-and-friend-david-crosby-passes-away/

(AP) — Legendary musician David Crosby has passed away.

A press release for the singer/songwriter stated: “It is with great sadness after a long illness, that our beloved David (Croz) Crosby has passed away. He was lovingly surrounded by his wife and soulmate Jan and son Django. Although he is no longer here with us, his humanity and kind soul will continue to guide and inspire us. His legacy will continue to live on through his legendary music. Peace, love, and harmony to all who knew David and those he touched. We will miss him dearly. At this time, we respectfully and kindly ask for privacy as we grieve and try to deal with our profound loss. Thank you for the love and prayers.”

• Sad 9

I used to work at a big hotel near a convention center and arena, so we'd get a fair amount of famous guests staying with us.

The one and only time I really got star-struck is when David Crosby rounded the corner from the elevator. I just froze in place and stared. I didn't mean to, but that's what happened.

Absolute titan of music. You can't tell the story of folk and rock music in America without including a good bit about David Crosby. Legendary.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

I’m far, far more Y than CSN, but may he RIP, what a character, he always spoke his mind & gave zero f###s.

Never bought any of his solo stuff, he was a good singer though... some of that Byrds material is excellent. Ironic that he passed here on Janis' birthday...

1 minute ago, T&C said:

Never bought any of his solo stuff, he was a good singer though... some of that Byrds material is excellent. Ironic that he passed here on Janis' birthday...

Yeah, I’ve tried to get into “If I Could Only Remember My Name” several times since so many rave about it, but it just never clicked for me.

Cause was the VID.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2023/01/19/famed-rock-singer-david-crosby-dead-at-81-founding-member-of-the-byrds-and-csn

At least he lasted longer than his liver. Remember 97 rock giving out tickets (to I think a CSN concert)  if you could get closest to the # of times Crosby  was arrested. I think the winning # was 79.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.