Rapoport: Greg Roman fired

That's No Moon

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I actually think Roman would be an interesting OC candidate here.

6 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Don’t want to go back to the past ; ain’t nobody got time for that!  

I’m wondering if he wouldn’t be able to do similarly creative gameplans for Allen that would take advantage of his dual threat capability. I recall Roman’s offense here was run centered, but allowed Taylor a decent amount of deep ball success. 

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I'd take him as a run game consultant but that's about it.

The new Joe Brady?

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Like (+1) 1

Listened to a Ravens insider last week, and Roman was not liked in Baltimore. 

The consensus was he can design an outstanding run game, but never could do much with the pass. He described as a high-school level simplistic. 

DeCosta is the long-time FO member there, so I would expect them to start investing more in pass catchers. 

• Like (+1) 1

some of you guys are funny let me tell you...

He was in the 49ers organization for 4 years Alex Smith/Kaepernick, then he went to Buffalo for 2 years where they get more out of Tyrod Taylor than anyone else. Then he goes to a team where he gets this dude named Lamar Jackson. Roman is stuck with THREE run first (for the most part) QB's and he got the most out of them. 

WHY do people Slam his 10 year as an coach over being STUCK with working on QB's like this? Greg Roman is a Master at the running game and I WOULD LOVE to see what work he could do with a passing QB that by the way, runs well too.

I think calling Roman a running OC only is borderline ignorant. The man is a genius and think he would do better with a Josh Allen.

Consider this. The 2 years he was with Buffalo he designed amazing screens and slant plays... Its what gave Lamar his name. Baltimore HC/GM needed a blame for their game and Roman was it. If Roman worked with a really good passer AND FAILED, I would 100% agree with you guys but sorry I DO NOT.

Roman is a Stud and I am sure even if just for a year, Him working with our current OC would do this team a ton of good.

Just saying...

12 minutes ago, wjag said:

Last year it was the DC, this year the OC..  getting closer to Harbaugh's head on the chopping block..

this. Roman was the fall boy. nothing more, nothing less

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Chris farley said:

he could be a very good run game coordinator or something.  his running game is on point, passing concepts are simple.

Yep. When they drafted Lamar, the Ratbirds & Roman chose to design a great rushing attack sprinkled with a low dose passing attack. 

It definitely works but the downfall is if you fall behind a couple scores, especially in the 2nd half, you have to abandon that design & throw.

From a distance it does appear the Rats are preparing to move away from that design, maybe even without Lamar.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

he could be a very good run game coordinator or something.  his running game is on point, passing concepts are simple.

They have HAD to be simple... Look at the QB's he has had to deal with. Alex Smith, Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor and Lamar freaking run first Jackson.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.