Bucs fire OC Byron Leftwich

HOUSE

Bad O line, banged up RB and WR, retirements of key personnel and you blame the OC.   He was trying to make chicken salad out of chicken manure.   I think he will land a better job.  Bowles had his hands full.  Dump old vets and draft replacements.  Too old and slow.

17 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Rank in Pts for TB

2022  25th

2021 2nd

2020 3rd

2019 3rd (pre Brady)

Truly had to be a case of what have you done lately, it can't possibly be anything other than the OC, and fall on sword we sucked this year. Meanwhile, the players are old, slow, injured and Brady is fast fading.

also, i heard on Sirius XM nfl radio, from a bucs beat reporter:

Bucs were 0-41 this season on 3rd and 11 or longer.  And they're apparently the only team to go oh-fer in like forever years.

Yeah, Tawmy was and is bad.  But yeesh.  Smacks of lack of originality and/or no self-scouting.  Apparently the book is out on Leftwich.  seems Leftwich hasnt read it though.

25 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

also, i heard on Sirius XM nfl radio, from a bucs beat reporter:

Bucs were 0-41 this season on 3rd and 11 or longer.  And they're apparently the only team to go oh-fer in like forever years.

Yeah, Tawmy was and is bad.  But yeesh.  Smacks of lack of originality and/or no self-scouting.  Apparently the book is out on Leftwich.  seems Leftwich hasnt read it though.

Agree, the Bucs looked like a stale 90’s offense for the past several years. I’ve always thought the play calling was awful and lacked creativity.  Brady was great enough to mask those deficiencies his first two years. He looked washed up this season, and Leftwich had nothing to help. 

• Agree 1

On 1/19/2023 at 10:08 AM, thenorthremembers said:

Fired the wrong coach.  Bowles is a failure as a head coach and will likely be on the outs after next year.

He should be fired this year, he is clueless. If I’m Tampa I’m hiring a very good OC knowing that he will be my intern HC when Bowles is fired week 5.

9 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree, the Bucs looked like a stale 90’s offense for the past several years. I’ve always thought the play calling was awful and lacked creativity.  Brady was great enough to mask those deficiencies his first two years. He looked washed up this season, and Leftwich had nothing to help. 

Leftwich is bad. He sucked in Arizona once Arians went and he sucked in Tampa once Arians went. He is bad.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

While you said nothing wrong, I think it is fair to point out they lost a lot of talent on the O-Line. It's almost like having a good OL helps an offense execute or something?!? Who knew?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.