JoPo's message to Bills Mafia

Toomstone.Part.Duex

On 1/20/2023 at 8:44 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

If you think Poyers a warrior, imagine how Rachel wakes up feelin. Bet he keeps her living on the injury report.

Bush (Back) - DNP | Probable

Wow haha. Also, have you been in many serious relationships because no matter how hot she is….

plus, she’s a lot. i can see him wanting to come back to Buffalo and her behind the scenes telling him not to take a penny less than a higher offer. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wow haha. Also, have you been in many serious relationships because no matter how hot she is….

plus, she’s a lot. i can see him wanting to come back to Buffalo and her behind the scenes telling him not to take a penny less than a higher offer. 

And the big problem with Rachel is that with anyone else, Jordan could tell her to just live down in Miami all year and he'll go back and forth, but if you leave her alone for more than 2 days she goes and screws Antonio Brown behind his back again!

• Haha (+1) 3

On 1/20/2023 at 5:56 PM, BRH said:

Love me some Poyer.  

But I’m signing Edmunds and extending Oliver before I do anything else if I’m BBB. 

Letting Edmunds go at this age and stage of his development, so we can keep a 32-year-old safety, is not a Beane-type move.  

And if you guys remember the Chris Drury drama, one thing you need to keep in mind is that the wife will usually get her way.  He wanted to stay.  She did not.  He left.  

Control what you can control. 

So Far Beane hasn’t done one thing you’ve asked. This kind of insolence is not acceptable from our GM. I think you should have him executed.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/20/2023 at 8:56 PM, BRH said:

Love me some Poyer.  

But I’m signing Edmunds and extending Oliver before I do anything else if I’m BBB. 

Letting Edmunds go at this age and stage of his development, so we can keep a 32-year-old safety, is not a Beane-type move.  

And if you guys remember the Chris Drury drama, one thing you need to keep in mind is that the wife will usually get her way.  He wanted to stay.  She did not.  He left.  

Control what you can control. 

We are really going back some years with this one, but I honestly don't remember that being a thing?  Do you have any articles or anything to back that claim up?  I thought Drury wanted to go play for the Rangers because that was his lifelong dream since he was a kid and the Sabres wasted their time trying to get him to sign meanwhile it was Briere who wanted to stay here but they neglected him and he ultimately signed with Philly.  I really don't remember Drury's wife being involved in any of the drama? 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It sounded like Miami had legit interest but I wonder if the trade they swung for Ramsey is going to change their interest level in Poyer now.  Don't think I have seen him linked to any other teams through the Rumor Mill.  

The Raiders are supposed to be very interested.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This.  All day long.  She has all the characteristics of bad news. 

3 minutes ago, JaBu said:

The Raiders are supposed to be very interested.

Maybe they are.  Maybe they have more room with Waller

gone.  But nothing has happened yet - 

8 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

We are really going back some years with this one, but I honestly don't remember that being a thing?  Do you have any articles or anything to back that claim up?  I thought Drury wanted to go play for the Rangers because that was his lifelong dream since he was a kid and the Sabres wasted their time trying to get him to sign meanwhile it was Briere who wanted to stay here but they neglected him and he ultimately signed with Philly.  I really don't remember Drury's wife being involved in any of the drama? 

They were both geography snobs from what I heard.  More her than him. 

17 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

We had the Drury deal done and forgot to fax the league.

Found the link. We never faxed it to Drury's agent to sign. I knew it was something like that. LOL, so Buffalo. His wife had nothing to do with it. He was a Sabre, we couldve kept him, and he always wanted to play for the Rangers.

https://thehockeywriters.com/chris-drury-danny-briere-sabres/

Although both parties agreed to a five-year extension for the co-captain, the Sabres neglected to send an executed contract to Drury’s agent. That’s right folks, after verbally agreeing to a deal that would lock down the most important player on the roster, the front office failed to get a signature.

What happened you ask? Nobody really knows for sure.

Perhaps the Sabres got cold feet and instead of informing the player, they simply ignored the situation hoping it would go away. Following this unfathomable saga, the Sabres reached back out to Drury to sign the deal after he registered 69 points (a career high) that season. At that point, the franchise center felt spurned by the organization and refused to negotiate a new contract.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We had the Drury deal done and forgot to fax the league.

Found the link. We never faxed it to Drury's agent to sign. I knew it was something like that. LOL, so Buffalo. His wife had nothing to do with it. He was a Sabre, we couldve kept him, and he always wanted to play for the Rangers.

https://thehockeywriters.com/chris-drury-danny-briere-sabres/

Thanks, that's more along the story I remember.  You guys ever notice Drury never comes back and does any alumni events or speaks in any of the Sabres documentaries or anything like that.  I wonder if he stills holds a grudge against the organization(see Matthew Barnaby) or if he just feels like he is above being associated with those teams(as he won a Cup in Colorado and had a lot of success in his career).  Either way it's a shame he has really distanced himself from the organization as he was really beloved by the fans back then.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Thanks, that's more along the story I remember.  You guys ever notice Drury never comes back and does any alumni events or speaks in any of the Sabres documentaries or anything like that.  I wonder if he stills holds a grudge against the organization(see Matthew Barnaby) or if he just feels like he is above being associated with those teams(as he won a Cup in Colorado and had a lot of success in his career).  Either way it's a shame he has really distanced himself from the organization as he was really beloved by the fans back then.  

I mean he's currently the GM of the Rangers, so it's not surprising he's not doing Sabres events right now?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I don't have any articles to back that up, no.  It'll sound stupid, and I hate when people do this so forgive me, but my wife's family and his go way back and so I hear things.  His wife, who he met at BU, did want to be back on the East Coast nearer her family. They had a very young family at the time (this is his son).  And it's not untrue that he loved the Rangers growing up and always wanted to play for them.  But what's also not untrue is that he loved his time in Buffalo, particularly playing for Lindy.  I think if he was single at the time, he'd have stayed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

He has a verbal agreement with the Dolphins according to Twitter. . ...

Source on Twitter?  'cuz I was just searching Rapaport and Schefter and etc and none of them have it.

With a "big cheese" like Rosenhaus as his agent you think they'd know

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I don't think it's anything along those lines. If anything, I'd think he feels badly about how it all went down. And he wasn't a geography snob at all. He has never had anything bad to say about Buffalo or the Sabres, ever.  Also, he's, you know, the GM of another NHL team right now.

Also, I don't think we're ever going to know for sure why the Sabres didn't send his agent the contract.  That seems weird.  I don't think the front office would forget to do something like that, and all I can speculate is that one side had buyer's remorse after the agreement was reached.

Edit:  now I remember: of the two (Briere and Drury), they wanted Drury so they negotiated a deal with him but then were hoping to sit on it until after the season because otherwise Briere would have been upset (along with half the fan base).  And I have to believe Drury also understood and accepted that, plus he had to know that not signing the contract right away would give him options if he played well (and he did).

Edited by BRH

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Source on Twitter?  'cuz I was just searching Rapaport and Schefter and etc and none of them have it.

With a "big cheese" like Rosenhaus as his agent you think they'd know

Apparently 

14 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

Apparently 

Eh, doesn’t seem like a complete troll account, but certainly not anything I’d call credible. When you see someone with as many followings as followers, that’s a red flag on twitter. Mean’s they do a lot of “you follow me I’ll follow you” stuff.

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So this is kinda like the Dolphins version of Cover1 Network?

Eh, sometimes those guys know something

they appear to be something like that yes.

Or they’re closer to Trainwreck sports, which in that case don’t believe a word of it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Eh, doesn’t seem like a complete troll account, but certainly not anything I’d call credible. When you see someone with as many followings as followers, that’s a red flag on twitter. Mean’s they do a lot of “you follow me I’ll follow you” stuff.

Good point - Cover1 follows 7.5k accounts, but has 29.1k followers

This guy follows 1.4k, has 1.9k followers. 

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.