JoPo's message to Bills Mafia

Toomstone.Part.Duex

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

He's been getting paid as a top safety for multiple years now.

After the first three games of the season, Poyer has been pretty average, maybe even below average.

Obviously the injures have hurt him, but I don't see those just disappearing.  Getting old stinks.

Last 10 games: 646, snaps, 37 solo tackles, 54 total tackles, 3 TFL, 0 QB hits, 0 INT, 2 pass defended

In fairness his role has changed without Micah, they have had him doing MUCH more center field than he generally does when he has freedom to roam. But you are right the injuries have hurt too. He hasn't got close to last year's all-pro level but with a torn up knee and missing his big pal he has done alright. 

• Like (+1) 3

The moral of the story is if you want a IG model wife then you have to pay to play. My dad always told me that it's like that Jimmy Soul song: "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life..." I'll take the nice sweet girl next door any day of the week over some Instagram girl that shows her fake chest to the world. My guess is if it wasn't for this chick wanting him to cash in then he would be taking the Bills best offer and running it back. He will get a nice offer from Houston or Chicago and be irrelevant but have some extra 0's in his bank account

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

Win this Super Bowl and you can replace the entire team with 53 shopping carts, each with an annoying wheel that sticks and makes a loud sound as you shop. 

For real. Just get the Lombardi and we won't care if it takes a few years for a "reload"

If Rachel's top priority is maximizing value and going after the highest deal possible, then they leave Buffalo.

Poyer hitting free agency and moving to another team is solely on her. There is always an option to stay at Beane's offer.

I think Jordan might take that if it was only him. Stay with the brothers he loves to end his career.

But Rachel has vacations to fund so she can get more pics of her butt on a jetski, and pics of her butt on the beach, and pics of her butt at a fancy restaurant. You know, the important stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

The Patriots had let these type of players walk or traded them. all because they had a stud at QB.

IMO, we also have that luxury. Who doesn’t love Poyer? He has meant a lot to this team but winning should be the sole focus moving forward. Not paying players that are about to be on the decline.

• Agree 2

45 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Really tough evaluation. They are in a  tough spot here with Poyer and Edmunds coming up, as well as having some other issues on the roster. If I have to choose between Poyer and Hyde, I take Hyde (despite the fact that he has missed the entire season.) But Poyer is a warrior who belongs here and should finish his career here. 

He is underpaid, but he should not approach the Derwin James type contract. At the end of the day it is very much a buyer beware with him. A guy who did nothing before he got here and developed into a great player in a system he is tailor made for. Then consider age and injury history, I do not think free agency is going to be kind to him. 

His comp in terms of level of play and age etc is probably Tyrann Mathieu, who as a free agent last year signed a 3 year 28 million dollar deal, 9.5 per year. I think that is fair. I think the Bills let him test the market to see his value, with an eye on bringing him back. 

WRT "he is underpaid"...

He is the 6th highest AAV across Free Safeties. Only 5 other players at his position make more. I wouldnt exactly call him underpaid by any definition.

As you note, he's also on the "old" end of the spectrum so there is no way he should be expecting a deal like 26 year olds Derwin James and Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Totally agreed with your last statement. Let him go see what is out there, and if he can get over $10M, good for Rachel. If not, or similar, he's always welcome back at our offer.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The moral of the story is if you want a IG model wife then you have to pay to play. My dad always told me that it's like that Jimmy Soul song: "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life..." I'll take the nice sweet girl next door any day of the week over some Instagram girl that shows her fake chest to the world. My guess is if it wasn't for this chick wanting him to cash in then he would be taking the Bills best offer and running it back. He will get a nice offer from Houston or Chicago and be irrelevant but have some extra 0's in his bank account

Yep. Proper route is to marry that GND, then buy her a big chest and giant butt and you're all set!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

I think Poyer is going to be very shocked at how little interest there is out there for the money he thinks he is going get.

This season exposed a lot of what many worried about with Poyer, the body breaking down.  He injured just about every part of his body this year and its no surprise its happening as he is 32 years old.

I don't see any team giving him more than a 2 year deal, with the option of getting out of it after 1.

Sad, but true. He's also shown that he's at his best with Hyde out there directing traffic. There have been mental errors this year that aren't from the body breaking down that didn't happen with Hyde on the field. 

I'm certainly not paying him up there with Derwin James or Minkah Fitzpatrick. I'd slot him him around Eddie Jackson and Kevin Byard who make about $14m per year. So with a slight raise on that at around $15m per year for 3-4 (although real years being at 2).

I'd generally consider family irrelevant, but his wife sure doesn't help his negotiating position.

i've said it in the edmunds threads and I'll say it again. Love all these guys, and I trust Beane's logic and reasoning to make the best decisions for our team. If we can afford his market value for what he brings to us on the field and in the locker room, he will be back. if not, i genuinely wish him the best  on his next stop. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

He'll be 32 next year - which isn't a death sentence at the position.  I'd personally rather keep him than oliver.  

Tough defensive decisions this offseason.  Oliver, Poyer, Edmunds??  Who stays, who goes?  My gut says sign Oliver then see if Poy would stay for a somewhat friendly deal?  We can't afford all 3 and I think TE will be too expensive. 

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Tough defensive decisions this offseason.  Oliver, Poyer, Edmunds??  Who stays, who goes?  My gut says sign Oliver then see if Poy would stay for a somewhat friendly deal?  We can't afford all 3 and I think TE will be too expensive. 

I know an active 3T is super important to pass rushing in our defense, but the defense thrives with edmunds taking away space in the middle and he seems to just be coming into his own.  Oliver extension makes sense to lower that cap hit.  

Lost coverage several times for big plays in the past month. Body disintegrating. Stupid wife with lack of message discipline going into the biggest game of the year. Another inane player podcast. Bigger needs to fortify the most dynamic qb in the league.

find your ex wife’s settlement money elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

53 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

WRT "he is underpaid"...

He is the 6th highest AAV across Free Safeties. Only 5 other players at his position make more. I wouldnt exactly call him underpaid by any definition.

As you note, he's also on the "old" end of the spectrum so there is no way he should be expecting a deal like 26 year olds Derwin James and Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Totally agreed with your last statement. Let him go see what is out there, and if he can get over $10M, good for Rachel. If not, or similar, he's always welcome back at our offer.

Gotcha. I should rephrase that as he was underpaid, before the contract with new money. Being right at that 9.5ish spot I think is the correct value. It seems like he thinks he should get paid like those other guys, but he shouldn't imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Love Poyer. The guy is just ***** awesome. Great player, great teammate. The Bills getting him and Hyde was just a blessing. Both would be on the Mount Rushmore of this particular core. The thought of not resigning him is crazy to me, but I don't understand the cap stuff all that well. I'm 100% positive I would 

rather have him than Miller though.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.