JoPo's message to Bills Mafia

Toomstone.Part.Duex

Dude is all heart. 

He's a guy that I believe we don't have the luxury of offering a contract lucrative enough to compete remotely close to what he'll likely receive in Free Agency, but it's still going to be sad to see him in a different uniform.

Let's hope he goes out a Super Bowl Champion!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Find a way to keep him.  I have faith in Beane on this.  The Bills are a better team and the D is a lot more steady when he's in.  His presence allows the DBs to swing for the fences more, and has the passion that the D seems to otherwise lack in his absence.  Git r done Beane!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Poyer is the definition of the type of player that Beane has said they want to keep in Buffalo.     That said, if he really wants to be the top paid safety in football I dont see how the Bills swing it.  

He'll be 32 next year - which isn't a death sentence at the position.  I'd personally rather keep him than oliver.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

He'll be 32 next year - which isn't a death sentence at the position.  I'd personally rather keep him than oliver.  

Fully agree with you.   Problem is Oliver is already under contract for next year so they either have to release him or find a team willing to trade for him and take on a 10 million dollar contract.

We paid big money for a guy who's 2 years older than Poyer. Age isn't my concern yet. I hope they can at least offer him a strong 3 year contract, even if he's looking for longer.

He's a key leader of this defense, and an All Pro when healthy. Either way, I'll root for him wherever he goes. I just hope he gets his much deserved ring here. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think Poyer is going to be very shocked at how little interest there is out there for the money he thinks he is going get.

This season exposed a lot of what many worried about with Poyer, the body breaking down.  He injured just about every part of his body this year and its no surprise its happening as he is 32 years old.

I don't see any team giving him more than a 2 year deal, with the option of getting out of it after 1.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Find a way to keep him.  I have faith in Beane on this.  The Bills are a better team and the D is a lot more steady when he's in.  His presence allows the DBs to swing for the fences more, and has the passion that the D seems to otherwise lack in his absence.  Git r done Beane!

Spend that money on another weapon for Allen or someone to protect Allen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Fully agree with you.   Problem is Oliver is already under contract for next year so they either have to release him or find a team willing to trade for him and take on a 10 million dollar contract.

Can make some cap room but yea - oliver would have to be moved to keep both edmunds and poyer.  

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Spend that money on another weapon for Allen or someone to protect Allen.

I think the draft needs to be fairly offense heavy - WR somewhere in there, a C/G, a tackle, maybe a TE or RB (depends on hines - big pay for a small contribution).  Whoever of - Poyer, Edmunds, Oliver that you plan to move on from needs to be replaced as well.  You can dip your toes in FA, and people will play for less to come play here now, but they needs a good draft to infuse the offense with some young talent. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Win this Super Bowl and then any loss in the offseason will be easier to take 

Win this Super Bowl and you can replace the entire team with 53 shopping carts, each with an annoying wheel that sticks and makes a loud sound as you shop. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.