We’re heading to England next season

Chandler#81

49 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

This year, Buffalo had 8 home games.  Next year, as you note, buffalo was to get 9 home games.  As for me, I don't care that much, except that we have no idea who will broadcast that game.  I can get most networks that broadcast NFL games except ESPN.   If ESPN is the network for that game, I will miss it.  For those who would relish 9 home games because they go to every one they can, Buffalo won't have a 9 game home schedule until 2025.  Someone might not think that's very fair.

There's a good argument to be made about PSLs and taxmoney with the new stadium.  These games are BS when the new stadium gets built. We are always giving our money away to overseas while the elite billionaire get richer. It's us that pay for it. 

+6:00 UTC from here. At least keep it the regular time here... Make it a night game there.  0900 here is also BS. I am in church then.  😆 😏 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

On 1/19/2023 at 7:07 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Air BnB at your place?  34 people in sleeping bags on the floor, with beans on toast for brekky? 🤔

I’m so there! 

16 minutes ago, Trock said:

I don’t think so. Wouldn’t be fair to season ticket holders 2 years in a row. 

From the Bills press release:

The Bills' London game will replace one of the team's designated nine home games on the 2023 schedule. The Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs and New England Patriots are among the other teams selected for the international games.

15 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

I'll be there, it's half as far for me as traveling to Buffalo.  Just a warning: the Bills have lost every game I've been to, in 4 different stadiums (Rockpile, Ralph, Oakland and NE).  Will this be the one to turn my luck around?

No.  Stay home.  

14 hours ago, fathersnowman said:

just a little warning if you intend to travel..  london is going through train strikes. some lines will not run on weekends.. this will cause issues getting to the game depending where you stay..please plan ahead.

Will they still be on strike 10 months from now? 

• Vomit 1

8 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Will they still be on strike 10 months from now? 

It is 7 months and counting. The Government is using it to play gesture politics. The way our privatised rail system works is the companies cannot make an offer to the Union without sign off from the Secretary of State for Transport. Twice in the process the rail companies and the unions have felt like they were close to an agreement and both times the Secretary of State (two different ones given that we have had more versions of this Government in the last year than even I can count) has refused to approve it.

I would hope it is over by October.... but it is not certain, sadly.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Thinking about going to the game and visiting London for the first time

Definitely worth it. I might be biaised but it is a fabulous city.

On 1/19/2023 at 7:19 PM, BigAl2526 said:

This year, Buffalo had 8 home games.  Next year, as you note, buffalo was to get 9 home games.  As for me, I don't care that much, except that we have no idea who will broadcast that game.  I can get most networks that broadcast NFL games except ESPN.   If ESPN is the network for that game, I will miss it.  For those who would relish 9 home games because they go to every one they can, Buffalo won't have a 9 game home schedule until 2025.  Someone might not think that's very fair.

It happens to teams every year. It will continue to teams every year. It’s the price teams have to pay to play in the NFL.  Not a big deal

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

One day, the NFL will play a game north of the Watford Gap. Maybe. Who knows. The north isn't really allowed to have nice things. 

It is a question of where though. Needs at least 60k capacity by the time you have taken seats out for the beches etc. That is without two big locker rooms and other facilities. The only one big enough in the north is Old Trafford and it is a ***** tip right now. Maybe when United have done the rennovation that becomes an option but that is at least 4 or 5 years away. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve been to a match at Watford. Cool little town! What is the ‘gap’? I hadn’t heard that term. 

Watford gap is not in Watford. Well, it is... but not THAT Watford. It is an area in Northamptonshire, south midlands, around a village also called Watford. It is famous for a service station on the M1 motorway that carries the name "Watford Gap". Common misconception (even among Brits) that it is in the town of Watford that you were referring to.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a question of where though. Needs at least 60k capacity by the time you have taken seats out for the beches etc. That is without two big locker rooms and other facilities. The only one big enough in the north is Old Trafford and it is a ***** tip right now. Maybe when United have done the rennovation that becomes an option but that is at least 4 or 5 years away. 

The new Everton stadium isn’t going to be large enough? The renderings look awesome! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.