Bengals' Board Monitoring TBD

thenorthremembers

5 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Not for nothing but I’ve always been curious as to why someone would create a username, post and reply on another fan forum? I’ve perused other teams boards to get a sense of what they may be dealing with, injuries, slumps etc. I would never interact with them though and if I did I wouldn’t expect them to necessarily be inviting. Not judging just think it’s strange to do that and then complain about it. 

I've owned sports message boards, I go to all of our opponents message boards to ask questions regarding injuries along with offensive and defensive schemes.  The fans of the team are the experts as they watch them every game, I enjoy getting their perspective.  The fact you would never interact has zero impact on another person.

Edited by Caesar

4 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I've owned sports message boards, I go to all of our opponents message boards to ask questions regarding injuries along with offensive and defensive schemes.  The fans of the team are the experts as they watch them every game, I enjoy getting their perspective.  The fact you would never interact has zero impact on another person.

But why complain about when some asshat insults you or trolls you? You kind of have to expect some of that. 

11 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

But why complain about when some asshat insults you or trolls you? You kind of have to expect some of that. 

I cannot disagree.  But I also think you may be seeing a partial conversation.  A poster here said I was trashing Bills posters on our site.  I was providing just some of the verbiage slung my way.  That said,  you are correct.

Being a sports fan is as tribal as we get - even more than politics.

In the end, fans are pretty much the same everywhere.  All fanbases have great people, and people who are not so great.  In general, the great ones far outnumber the not so great ones.

Except New England, of course. Those fans are terrible.  

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I'm guessing you are not reading all the comments directed at me.

"i am this arrogant because i know i know football. &  i am just disrespectful toward cinci trash"

"Your boy Hendrickson though? He's piece of crap, dirty player."

"Another piece of crap, dirty player."

"I'm not scared of Jordan burrows, ...I'm not going to spell his name right. He doesn't deserve it. The cockswagger chump puffing on cigars is cute if you're making a tic toc..."

"The other dude I don't know his name but it's cool they have two JAGs at RB."

These are from the last 24 hours, very classy.

I suggest you read what you actually typed. I’ve went over just to see what posts look like in found you saying that we all think that Skyler Thompson is a good quarterback, you know damn well there’s nobody over here saying that.

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I suggest you read what you actually typed. I’ve went over just to see what posts look like in found you saying that we all think that Skyler Thompson is a good quarterback, you know damn well there’s nobody over here saying that.

Au contraire my friend.  I was told by 3 posters here that Skylar was good and is tiers better than Hundley. I absolutely disagreed, but yes there were members here saying this.

12 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

If we lose Sunday I'll be cheering for them to win it all. Don't have any bad gripes about Cincy.

Agree. They did get jobbed out of game and beating us on their turf for the right to play this game in Cincy... But too bad. Buffalo has been getting screwed over way more than Cincy has through the years.

They have had 2 playoff games in Cincy against the Bills during the 1980s. I am sorry someone died on the field and needed to be brought back to life and game couldn't be finished. It sucks for Bills too... They lost a bye.

And anyway... They have one of the 6 turfs in the League that injury statistics deemed unsafe. The Union even petitioned the League to immediately rip up and replace.  

It's a dangerous place to play, Bills have a safer brand of turf...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

7 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Au contraire my friend.  I was told by 3 posters here that Skylar was good and is tiers better than Hundley. I absolutely disagreed, but yes there were members here saying this.

Your posts were stated in a way such that all, or at least the majority of us, were over here making far-fetched claims. It’d be the same as me coming here saying “Chiefs fans are over there calling Hamlin ‘Deadmar’,” when in fact I only read it from one poster - and I came back here and relayed that information truthfully “one of the fans over there…” 

Don’t make it sound like we’re all clueless over here. I liked that you were contradicted by one of your own who said “I read through about 8 pages and found them all to be reasonable for the most part.” But hey, if you think a negative experience with a couple fans here represents the majority of us, then do what you do. Take that info to the jungle. Vilify us all. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

They have achieved more than Miami but talk less crap than those fans,so I’ll give them a pass for now. After all how can we be mad at another team that is 

A) hated by KC fans as much as we are

B) helped with Damar

C) are about to lose on Sunday in their tony the tiger suits

Edited by Locomark

7 minutes ago, Locomark said:

They have achieved more than Miami but talk less crap than those fans,so I’ll give them a pass for now. After all how can we be mad at another team that is 

A) hated by KC fans as much as we are

B) helped with Damar

C) are about to lose on Sunday in their tony the tiger suits

Miami has 2 SBs though . 

34 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Your posts were stated in a way such that all, or at least the majority of us, were over here making far-fetched claims. It’d be the same as me coming here saying “Chiefs fans are over there calling Hamlin ‘Deadmar’,” when in fact I only read it from one poster - and I came back here and relayed that information truthfully “one of the fans over there…” 

Don’t make it sound like we’re all clueless over here. I liked that you were contradicted by one of your own who said “I read through about 8 pages and found them all to be reasonable for the most part.” But hey, if you think a negative experience with a couple fans here represents the majority of us, then do what you do. Take that info to the jungle. Vilify us all. Go Bills!

I want to know what bills fan said that Skyler was a great QB. I wanna specifically know who they are.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

According to some posters here, Skyler Thompson "shredded" our defense on Sunday. 18-45 for 220 yards 2 picks, "shredded".

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

According to some posters here, Skyler Thompson "shredded" our defense on Sunday. 18-45 for 220 yards 2 picks, "shredded".

A truly awful take whoever said it, but that doesn’t make Skyler a great QB one game does not a great QB make

that being said Caesars just an arrogant troll it’s pretty obvious

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.