Bengals' Board Monitoring TBD

thenorthremembers

Here's something helpful I've learned:

The fans that spend time discussing a sports team on social media and message boards usually are not representative of what the majority of that fan base as a whole is like in real life.

I somehow doubt that the users on that Bengals forum are any more representative of the average Bengals fan than the users of Chiefs Planet are of most Chiefs fans. Ditto for the loudest and most well known fans on Twitter.

Bengals fans mostly seem like good people from what I've encountered so far, and actually pretty similar to Bills fans, in terms of being passionate fans of a team that is JUST NOW becoming elite after years of bad football.

Anyway, I wish Bengals fans all the best. They're gonna be mighty sad by 6:30pm Sunday evening. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Started civil enough but quickly got into thrashing our fans, and city.   Going as far as to say the Bills used a tragedy to call off the previous game because "they wanted no part of us."  Also mentioned us saying Skylar Thompson is a great QB, which I dont recall in the least

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Threads-from-our-Frenemies-part-2?page=2

If they want an honest opinion I think they are an incredibly talented football team.    Think their QB is gifted but incredibly cocky, and as far as cities go...

The internet is full of gobshites. I imagine most Bengals fans are pretty decent. 

A lot of sad incels look for attention by saying ***** things online.

Surely most folk in Cinci think the Hamlin incident was just horrific. But that view doesn't get amplified searching for clout 

Edited by LondonBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Who cares, they can think what they think. 

4 minutes ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

Alright that is it! I didn’t want to have to resort to this but I have no choice. I am not a big fan of their chili! Take that! 💪 

Lmao...I like GoldStar over Skyline...that should get them all in a tizzy!

• Haha (+1) 1

They cover that in the thread as well.   However, I agree with you, that was low brow.

The low blow was low brow?

I'm tempted to make a joke about this but these days you just can't do such things... besides I'd be offending my own people.

Started civil enough but quickly got into thrashing our fans, and city.   Going as far as to say the Bills used a tragedy to call off the previous game because "they wanted no part of us."  Also mentioned us saying Skylar Thompson is a great QB, which I dont recall in the least

If they want an honest opinion I think they are an incredibly talented football team.    Think their QB is gifted but incredibly cocky, and as far as cities go...

What's a message board without an unnecessary shyt-disturbing topic which detracts from one of the most positive events in recent sports history?

A lot of meathead takes with no substance.  Seems like they have a lot of old school NFL fans who are very much into machismo. 

See above. Thanks for your "contribution."

48 minutes ago, H2o said:

Alright, alright guys. We have our own beloved YoloinOhio to think of here. Go easy on them. :lol:

Also didn't Ethan recently move to Ohio?

11 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I used to read that board then it got boring there

But, some of the best excuses for losing I ever saw...

" We should have won but the officials purposely gave us a wet ball "

Well Finheaven posters are convinced the league rigged multiple games to make Miami lose, and it gets better. They’re convinced Tua was 100% healthy but the league made him sit out because Goodell wants Buffalo to wins the SB.

The fan fascination with what the other fanbase is saying escapes me. These threads come up for every game. I have enough fortitude to not give two sh--- about what others say about us. Be a person who doesn't care. People that don't care:

• They focus on their own stuff
  • They don’t take things personally
  • They don’t analyze conversations to death
  • They shake it off
  • They tune out
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Just keep him away from your 14 year old daughter.

If this interview took place today, Cris would immediately be canceled, placed on leave from the network (with a divorce impending), and sued from women claiming to be his underage victims. None of his words would pass in today’s society. 

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Don't Know what they're saying, Don't Care to go look.

They can't have it both ways though. 

Either they get the "Great Coach and Team" Karma points for being touched by the tragedy that unfolded on their field and reacting to it in a human way (so pausing the game was a mutual decision).  I think they deserve them, myself

OR

It was a Bills-driven decision while the Bengals really wanted to continue a game where it looked like we just saw a teammate die on the field with "you just want an excuse, you want no part of us, you Weenies!" in which case they can Bite my *****-Covered Shoesole.

Either Or, Not Both.

They're a talented team.  7th ranked offense in the league, 6th ranked defense in the league.

Sounds like they think they're better than whoever is 2nd at both

Guess we'll find out

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.