Dorsey will interview with Carolina this weekend for head coaching job

Mopreme

Last season every now and then there was an offensive play that felt really inventive. Like a backwards pass to a receiver and then a forwards pass back to Josh for a TD.  This season has had none of that. I miss that. Maybe Dorsey will improve in his second season and he’s clearly good enough to get us to the playoffs, but that’s not enough anymore. 

1 minute ago, Freak-O said:

Last season every now and then there was an offensive play that felt really inventive. Like a backwards pass to a receiver and then a forwards pass back to Josh for a TD.  This season has had none of that. I miss that. Maybe Dorsey will improve in his second season and he’s clearly good enough to get us to the playoffs, but that’s not enough anymore. 

We didn’t use a single trick play all year that I can recall 

And Daboll sometimes got a little too cute at the wrong time, but to have not a single creative play in 18 games… that’s some Dick Jauron ball right there. 

17 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

If Ken Dorsey coaches another Bills game. I’ll seriously question the direction of this team going forward 

Well McD fired Rico after one season because he was clearly a poor offensive coordinator. I’m thinking McD realizes our offense really struggled all season (even though we put up a ton of points). I’m very curious to see how many points were scored “off schedule” this season compared to last year. Because that would be a testament to Josh, not so much Dorsey. 

10 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Is that on Dorsey though?

There are open options on all three levels - Josh decides where to put the ball.

Josh chose one on one 40 yard passes versus wide open quick dump offs.

They set up an RPO and a large majority of the time Josh pulls the ball and tries to fit a pass in.  He is a hugely aggressive player and no OC will change that.  He gets better and worse with coaching, but the aggressiveness that we love is there.

On the 4th down, it looked like all receivers went deep, instead of some getting to the sticks.  That's playcalling.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.