Dorsey will interview with Carolina this weekend for head coaching job

Mopreme

10 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Bills offense not measurably better from last year. Daboll proved his worth over many years. I don’t get dorsey for HC. Makes no sense other than they know him at Carolina

I don't understand the Dorsey hyper criticism:

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Peter said:
12 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Bills offense not measurably better from last year. Daboll proved his worth over many years. I don’t get dorsey for HC. Makes no sense other than they know him at Carolina

the point is—asking what has Dorsey measurably improved YOY? I can’t identify any tangible uptick to justify HC raise. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I've been critical of Dorsey this year. But when I think about, I was critical of Daboll, also - and that guy is clearly an excellent coach.

The offense has had some great stretches this year.  Dorsey deserves credit. He has brought guys like Cook & Shakir along gradually, to the point where they're both ready to be big contributors the rest of the way.  And sometimes the playcalling has been solid, but not the execution - and that's not really on him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

I've been critical of Dorsey this year. But when I think about, I was critical of Daboll, also - and that guy is clearly an excellent coach.

The offense has had some great stretches this year.  Dorsey deserves credit. He has brought guys like Cook & Shakir along gradually, to the point where they're both ready to be big contributors the rest of the way.  And sometimes the playcalling has been solid, but not the execution - and that's not really on him.

Both fell in love with the pass. Cook and Singletary have a combined 4.98 ypc average this year. For them to only have a combined 266 attempts is bad for the offense imo. Would take some pressure off Josh and open some things up in the passing game if they established a running game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think it would be to Dorsey's long term benefit if he doesn't get the Panthers gig and stays with the Bills for a couple more years.  He's a good OC, but he's still learning.  I think he should probably have a little better handle on that role before he steps up to head coach.  He's a young dude and should have chances in the future if he continues to show what he can do. 

On 1/19/2023 at 11:11 PM, BigAl2526 said:

I think it would be to Dorsey's long term benefit if he doesn't get the Panthers gig and stays with the Bills for a couple more years.  He's a good OC, but he's still learning.  I think he should probably have a little better handle on that role before he steps up to head coach.  He's a young dude and should have chances in the future if he continues to show what he can do. 

He is five years older than Sean McVay. McVay has already won a super bowl as a head coach. My guess is that Dorsey does not see himself as too old for an HC gig. 

On 1/18/2023 at 3:31 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

Where's all the Leslie Frazier interviews?? 

Sadly for Frazier they’re not gonna happen, could be wrong of course, 

On 1/19/2023 at 10:20 PM, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Both fell in love with the pass. Cook and Singletary have a combined 4.98 ypc average this year. For them to only have a combined 266 attempts is bad for the offense imo. Would take some pressure off Josh and open some things up in the passing game if they established a running game.

Agree, a “real” seamless integration of a run game into this offense would be a very good thing, the run game at present, imo, nearly always appears to be disjointed and an afterthought. It’s like they don’t know what else to do so they call a run play,  and it is generally obvious that that’s what they are going to do, 

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

On 1/19/2023 at 5:26 PM, Since1981 said:

the point is—asking what has Dorsey measurably improved YOY? I can’t identify any tangible uptick to justify HC raise. 

In fairness to Dorsey - theres only so much you can improve on when the offense was already among the best in the league. The fact we didn’t take a measurable dip can also be viewed as an accomplishment in and of itself. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.