Dorsey will interview with Carolina this weekend for head coaching job

Mopreme

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Would be interesting to see if McD would go that route.  My take on Dorsey is as an ex QB he's too enamored with the pass.  So not sure I'd want to grab another ex QB for OC position.  That may have been the advantage of Daboll, not being an ex player.

I know we played 1 less game this year, but Josh had 99 more pass attempts last year. This isn't just a Dorsey problem, it's been going on since the start of the 2020 season. Ever since Josh made the "leap" they both have been running around like children going look at my brand new shiny toy.

Daboll ran Josh about the same last year as Dorsey did this year. All rushing attempts outside of our QBs were nearly identical both years with 324 attempts in 2021. This year when pro-rating off of the 301 attempts in 16 games we would've hit 320 attempts. Dorsey actually has a little more balanced run to pass ratio than Daboll did, but not by alot.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, teef said:

a lot of the time these are superficial zoom meetings to see if they should go into the multiple day interviews, ( as is my understanding).  this happens every year.  i don't think there's much concern there.

I think these Zoom things are generally done in the men’s room, by the urinals. NOT the sinks! The FO is not a bunch of filthy animals! 

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I hope he gets the job so we can get a more seasoned OC, hopefully one that understands how to consistently incorporate the run game and also scheme receivers open.  

Dorsey isn't a disaster, he has done a decent job in his first season as an OC.  But he still has weak spots like in game adjustments, poor redzone play calling, lack of consistency in using our running backs, and lack of creativity by not scheming guys open more.

I’m with you on this!!! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DapperCam said:

It’s almost like the Bills are planning ahead. I never thought I’d see the day.

Yep, successful teams lose personnel faster. You need good people in the pipeline....and good people WANT to be in that pipeline. Josh Allen is going to make other people lots of money.

13 hours ago, teef said:

a lot of the time these are superficial zoom meetings to see if they should go into the multiple day interviews, ( as is my understanding).  this happens every year.  i don't think there's much concern there.

Weren’t the pegulas against allowing interviews before playoff games before?  Even if it’s by zoom , Dorsey still is not just going in unprepared and winging it.  Doing a possible career changing interview a day or two prior to playing against a team whose staff is fully preparing , seems unfair to all involved. Honestly , if I was seriously considering hiring someone , I want their undivided attention , not someone distracted.  
This is a joke , and if I was dorsey , I would not interview at this time. It’s not like the Carolina brain trust could not shift until at least Monday , and it’s not a high profile job right now.  It’s only his first year as an OC, both parties should see if he stands the test of time regarding success as next years competition in the division will  be improving.  
There is no advantage to doing an interview while a guy is actively working on an upcoming game and the NFL should not allow this.  So if the Bills O comes out and lays an egg , loses , do you still want that candidate ? How will the players feel if the game plan falls flat ; I would be pissed if a business partner blew off a big meeting that cost me an opportunity and income.   All these coaches talk about how time consuming preparation is, sleeping at the office , etc and then you allow hours to be spent prepping under less than ideal circumstances for what is likely a long shot chance ?  
What does this say about how dorsey is viewed in the organization; if valued I would just give him the assistant coach title , a raise , knock off the interview and not allow this distraction.  If they lose , this is not going to go over well. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.