Dorsey will interview with Carolina this weekend for head coaching job

Mopreme

30 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Per Adam Schefter. 

Why would the Bills agree to let him interview this weekend before one of the biggest games?  The dude needs to be focused on the game. 

This happens every year, we just aren’t used to it. The reason why it’s being done this weekend is because his work for the week is already done-they have installed plays, they have done the film work, all if that’s taken care of. If he’s going to interview for a job Saturday is actually a really good day for him to do it 

Personally, I am a bit surprised he’s already getting interviews for head coaching positions. I think they would be dumb to hire Ken Dorsey as a head coach right now. He’s still just learning how to be a good offensive coordinator ffs. I don’t think he’s anywhere near ready to be a head coach. (and I’m not just saying this because I hope to keep him or something)

But I guess Carolina (and Dan Morgan) has familiarity with him, which seems to be of great importance to NFL teams. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8

People like to make a big deal about the timing, but i think this stuff happens every year.  I really don't think it affects gameday prep.  I'd like to see the last decade of Super Bowl winning teams and who on those staffs were interviewed during their playoff runs.  I'm sure there was more than a few.

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I kinda like Ken but don't love him as an OC. This seems a little premature on Carolina's part.  If we do lose KD, I'd immediately go after Riech. 

Pretty sure Reich could be gobbled up sooner, but I like him at this point too.  KD is interviewing, they may interview half a dozen people.  No need to panic and worry that he is going to leave yet.

27 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Where's all the Leslie Frazier interviews?? 

Leslie Frazier would like to know.

55 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Per Adam Schefter. 

Why would the Bills agree to let him interview this weekend before one of the biggest games?  The dude needs to be focused on the game. 

Did he say when on the weekend the interview was going to be?

If he interviews Sunday after the game, in theory not too much impact.

23 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

He did just game plan for them a few weeks ago so should have a good idea of what they want to do

??

Edited by Beck Water

19 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Personally, I am a bit surprised he’s already getting interviews for head coaching positions. I think they would be dumb to hire Ken Dorsey as a head coach right now. He’s still just learning how to be a good offensive coordinator ffs. I don’t think he’s anywhere near ready to be a head coach. (and I’m not just saying this because I hope to keep him or something)

But I guess Carolina (and Dan Morgan) has familiarity with him, which seems to be of great importance to NFL teams. 🤷‍♂️

Of course it is of great importance. These are billion dollar franchises in a bottom line business. People like to hire someone they know they can work with, that has a certain personality and that they are familiar with personally. The wrong hire could cost a Dan Morgan or whomever their job. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.