Bills/Chiefs Atlanta - Official ROLLCALL thread

DrDawkinstein

15 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Most people going won't be season ticket holders so their tix will be much more expensive. I am living here so my cost will be about $350 

Yeah one of the guys in our group bought 6 in upper deck and figures he will sell any he doesn't use for $1K apiece and make a profit.   That wasn't his intention......he will probably give away a couple to his friends kids who are too young to otherwise afford it........and maybe some of our tailgate group will buy the others.   

6 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

We will have to agree to disagree about it though because I am done spending time and effort on a silly argument.

However, Your household debt is a tad high, its actually about 60 grand less than you say, and obviously home mortgages are the driving reason behind debt...not just frivolous spending choices

https://www.bankrate.com/personal-finance/debt/average-american-debt/#key-insights-on

Go Bills! Lets meet for a beer in KC, first ones on me! 

Got the figure from Lester Holt on NBC news last night.   Point is.........not being able to afford it doesn't prevent people from spending anyway if they want it.    And people who can afford more also don't always spend that way.    I didn't have two nickels to rub together when the Bills were in the SB last and almost went anyway.    I'd have a beer with you but we are in a club area not sure if they allow normal fans. 😉    My understanding is @SoMAn would be joining us if the game happens.

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

The presumption is that MOST fans wont be going alone to the Super Bowl then as well. So same spending ratio works. Double my amount for going to Atlanta vs. double the amount to attend the Super Bowl. 

The vast majority of super bowl tickets are NOT purchased by normals, there is no way you can actually think that. Like, ive seen you post and know that you arent dumb. 

KC fans not going to the AFCCG in order to save money so they can afford to go to the super bowl is just an illogical, bad argument. Maybe that applies to 1,000 people (IT DOESN'T, but lets just pretend your argument holds any type of water). What about the other 60,000 season ticket holders? 

i agree with you. the difference in demand for bills vs chiefs fans in this game comes down to three things:

1. regionality. there's far more bills fans in the southeast than chiefs fans. i know bills season ticket holders who go down to florida for the winter and are thrilled this game is being held in atlanta. 

2. recent history. chiefs fans (season ticket holders in particular) have been able to attend four straight afc championship games in their own stadium. bills fans haven't been able to attend an afc title game, home or road, for close to 30 years (the afc title game at kc was limited capacity due to covid.) bills sth's see this as an opportunity and chiefs sth's probably view this as a burden. 

3. chiefs fans probably still think they'll host an afc title game, whereas most bills fans don't think the jags will beat kc. it's a big ask to tie up your money in expensive tickets for two different games in two different cities (to say nothing of flights, hotels etc). these tickets shouldn't have been sold until sunday evening imo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The presumption is that MOST fans won't be going alone.    Most season ticket holders have multiple tickets on their account.   Flying and spending two nights in town to sit in a single in the end zone is you doing you for "under $1K".     As for people who have $10K also having $1K.........that's not the only factor.    People have to take time off from work etc..    I assure you there will be lot's of "normal" fans at the Super Bowl.     There always are.

this is exactly what I'll be doing lol

LAMP alert 🚨…SeatGeek sent me an email earlier today saying that the seller due to an “accident” on the part of Ticketmaster, was unable to provide the purchased tickets, and that I would receive a full refund from SeatGeek…so the bad codes yesterday continue to ripple through. Back to square one tomorrow! 

• Angry 1

18 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

There was a thread for playoff tix when they went on sale. It’s just how things work, they don’t wait to sell ‘em until they know if the game is necessary or not. 

I get it. It’s business, I just don’t like it.

On 1/18/2023 at 12:17 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Just secured my seats in section 136.

Who else is really coming and where are you sitting?

EDIT: There are a lot of us on here in Atlanta, but if anyone needs help or has questions about Hotels/places to stay, things to do, etc. Feel free to hit me up. Happy to help.

Go figure. If, and it’s a BIG IF, this comes to be, I’ll be out of town for our granddaughter’s baptism. Seriously? What are the odds of that? Obviously the baptism was scheduled a long time ago, and I’m sure my son (also living in Atlanta) is kicking himself for the bad luck. 

London, however……. 🤔 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Joe Mixon and Tyreek disgust me.

https://www.tmz.com/2016/12/16/joe-mixon-punches-woman-video-released/

Worth noting -- Mixon was suspended for one game this season after he ripped up a parking ticket and threw it at a campus parking attendant.

Edited by Pete

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

LAMP alert 🚨…SeatGeek sent me an email earlier today saying that the seller due to an “accident” on the part of Ticketmaster, was unable to provide the purchased tickets, and that I would receive a full refund from SeatGeek…so the bad codes yesterday continue to ripple through. Back to square one tomorrow! 

I tried Seatgeek for the game on Sunday. They charged me twice then told be at they were unable to complete the sale and I'd get my money back. There is no way to. All them up unless you have the app and tickets purchased. I called the bank and they said the money was never charged and I'm ok, so I tried again and THE SAME thing happened. Stay away from Seatgeek. Wish I knew. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Sad 1

Question.....If I win big on DK with a Jags win, does that mean they come to Buffalo? or do we still play in Atlanta? I really got a good feeling about the Jags running on K,C, I can see them controlling the clock, keeping it close and forcing K.C. to press and try to force a score late. I'm going 23-20 Jags.

Edited by nosejob

2 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Question.....If I win big on DK with a Jags win, does that mean they come to Buffalo? or do we still play in Atlanta? I really got a good feeling about the Jags running on K,C,

A Jags-Bills game would be in OP.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.