How confident are you the Bills beat the Bengals?

Steptide

25 minutes ago, 97bills said:

I agree… just because this is what we’ve seen all year long. I hope we turn it up on defense, and no more fumbles…. And Allen takes what’s there,  and get the running backs involved. We have running backs just like everyone else..let’s throw them the ball!!!! 

What we’ve seen all year long .. lol . 14 wins and 3 losses by a combined 8 points. If you’re a Bills fan do you recall  the drought ? It’s not like you can just pencil in home divisional round playoff games each year and the team is already in year 5 of Josh Allen.  Better enjoy championship level football while it’s here. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile , you could miss it ! 

Regardless of who comes out of the AFC, I don’t see them beating Philly or the Niners. They both have awesome pass rushes and deep balanced offenses.  Buffalo and Cincy have O-line problems that could really crumble.

We’ll see what Quinn comes up with for Dallas D to try and confuse Mr Irrelevant.  Philly could pose a major problem for the Niners also.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I'm very nervous about this game  I actually think this is the toughest matchup bc of Cinci's weapons (KC I feel you just have to key on taking away Kelce). Not sure we can keep up. Their O-line & our ability to play high level mistake free O will be key. Hoping we can do that consistently for all 4 quarters. 🤞🙏

Not very.

CurrentlyI have Josh sliding down the list to 4th best.

Josh’s decline is two fold. He’s very sloppy lately, and sloppy football gets you beat against well disciplined teams. 

Could be the play calling, might be the disappearance of Gabe. Definitely the lack of Knox.

All absolutely tied to Dorsey. 

Josh, under Daboll was much more disciplined, and was the best last year.

Let’s hope he wakes up today with a little more structure. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

Not very.

CurrentlyI have Josh sliding down the list to 4th best.

Josh’s decline is two fold. He’s very sloppy lately, and sloppy football gets you beat against well disciplined teams. 

Could be the play calling, might be the disappearance of Gabe. Definitely the lack of Knox.

All absolutely tied to Dorsey. 

Josh, under Daboll was much more disciplined, and was the best last year.

Let’s hope he wakes up today with a little more structure. 

Cinci's OL is a mess.  Watching Oliver over Carman today should be pleasantly interesting.  Oliver may post a career day.

Allen plays like slop, his highs are so high that I still have to pinch myself that he's out QB, and despite slop play from time to time, we still win.

IMO our dropsies are far more critical, because in games where Allen plays sloppy, it's usually because of drops too.  

Need the receivers& Knox to step up big more than anything. 

Everyone's talking as if Burrow's been playing lights out ball recently, he hasn't been.  OK, so what, he started strong in our canceled game, hardly meant he was going to play like that all game and log 600 yards and 8 TDs. 

Just sayin', I know we're all nervous, but relax.  

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

What we’ve seen all year long .. lol . 14 wins and 3 losses by a combined 8 points. If you’re a Bills fan do you recall  the drought ? It’s not like you can just pencil in home divisional round playoff games each year and the team is already in year 5 of Josh Allen.  Better enjoy championship level football while it’s here. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile , you could miss it ! 

did you see what we we’re talking about before you commented lol ?  

17 minutes ago, PBF81 said:
33 minutes ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

Cinci's OL is a mess.  Watching Oliver over Carman today should be pleasantly interesting.  Oliver may post a career day.

So I am confused. Carman plays LT and Ed Oliver is a 3T DT.  They would only line up over each other if Ed moved outside.  Ed will be over their OGs most of the day. 

On 1/17/2023 at 7:15 PM, Steptide said:

I'm at about 65%. I think the bills are the better team overall, but we've watched them shoot themselves in the foot so many times this season. While I think the bills are fully capable of playing a mistake free game, it's hard to comprehend they will. Being at home is a big advantage (I think). 

Right there with ya.  In addition to your point, the Bengals have a good running game which we seem to struggle with at times.  Cincy's OL is banged up hard though.  At the end of the day I see Buffalo as the only team left capable of playing the Eagles tough.  Maybe even beating them.  Its a great year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Regardless of who comes out of the AFC, I don’t see them beating Philly or the Niners. They both have awesome pass rushes and deep balanced offenses.  Buffalo and Cincy have O-line problems that could really crumble.

We’ll see what Quinn comes up with for Dallas D to try and confuse Mr Irrelevant.  Philly could pose a major problem for the Niners also.

If the Bills win it all this season, they will have very much earned it. Cincy, KC and SF/Philly is a helluva gauntlet. One game at a time.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, freddyjj said:

So I am confused. Carman plays LT and Ed Oliver is a 3T DT.  They would only line up over each other if Ed moved outside.  Ed will be over their OGs most of the day. 

My understanding is that Carman is playing G today.  He did play LT last week, but he also played the interior, RG I thought.  Perhaps he was so bad that they switched him around.  I know that he's listed at G and I read somewhere that he was playing G today.  Who knows, maybe the report was FoS, could have been.  

Either way, Rousseau, Oliver, Lawson, should all be able to take advantage.  Besides, our guys line up all over the place, not always in their specified starting line-up spots, as you know.  

Point being, with three (3) of their OL-men out for today, and given the way that the Raven D essentially had their way with the Bengals OL, I'm hardly worried.  In fact I'm looking forward for our entire DL having a fantastic day.  Last week Burrow pitched for just over 200 and was sacked 4 times, and Mixon was held to 39 yards on 3.5 per carry.  

It's going to be a good day!  ;)

GO BILLS!!!!  

3 hours ago, freddyjj said:

BTW, even better if Carman plays LT.  IMO the Bengals would be fools to do that, but maybe they have no other options.  Carman was a turnstyle last week no matter where he played.  I see Lawson even taking major advantage of that.  Sheeeeet, I can see Lawson logging two or three sacks even.  

25 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

My understanding is that Carman is playing G today.  He did play LT last week, but he also played the interior, RG I thought.  Perhaps he was so bad that they switched him around.  I know that he's listed at G and I read somewhere that he was playing G today.  Who knows, maybe the report was FoS, could have been.  

Either way, Rousseau, Oliver, Lawson, should all be able to take advantage.  Besides, our guys line up all over the place, not always in their specified starting line-up spots, as you know.  

Point being, with three (3) of their OL-men out for today, and given the way that the Raven D essentially had their way with the Bengals OL, I'm hardly worried.  In fact I'm looking forward for our entire DL having a fantastic day.  Last week Burrow pitched for just over 200 and was sacked 4 times, and Mixon was held to 39 yards on 3.5 per carry.  

It's going to be a good day!  ;)

GO BILLS!!!!  

Carmen is playing LT today. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.