How confident are you the Bills beat the Bengals?

Steptide

the Bills win in large part will be dependent on both Dorsey and Frazier dialing in winning game plans.

I realize that is stating the obvious. But it imo will be crucial for they draw up plays that attempt to expose  any weaknesses the Bills can exploit. Their OL is obviously one of those areas..  I really hope the Bills D Line shows up in a big way on Sunday. Crucial IMO. If they can and do we likely will win. If they cannot we might not. Probably won't.

🤷‍♀️

Edited by muppy

10 hours ago, teef said:

i'm confident the bills can win.  why not?

exactly.
 You can't win if you are wondering if you can, now can you ?

9 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

I dont even think you are  Bills fan---  Not even sure what AIRSEVEN stands for???  Maybe for Dan Pastorini or Bobby Hoying or maybe even JP Losman

I thinks its some sneakers

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im confident we will win, yet fully aware this is no gimme game and if we play like we did against Miami, we won't win this game.  Our greatest opponent on Sunday is not Cincy, it's ourselves.  If they can stop shooting themselves in the foot, they should win this game.  

isnt it always this simple though ?

Just now, hemma said:

60%,  but i started a 30.

and what moved the chains for you hemma ?

2 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

50/50 straight up. I think this game goes either way. We get the bounces and the calls or we don't.  

thats what makes Bills so Painfully exciting nearly everytime i watched them this season 😉

• Like (+1) 1

Gonna be honest, not very confident.

Even when Josh isn't turning it over, others certainly step up to fill that void. Seems like this team finds a way to make things a bit tougher than necessary & a bit too often. The Bengals O-line is banged up, but ours just isn't good even when healthy. Morse is good, but the rest range from average to an active risk to Josh's health.

Burrow & the Bengals also went through this last year & emerged in the SB (despite not playing particularly great in any of their wins). They KNOW they can do it & have done so. Our team is used to just getting close, and it's hard to know how that shapes a guy's mentality.

For Josh, he could be pushing himself even harder & be more motivated than ever. For others, they could be waiting for that proverbial other shoe to drop in the back of their minds. Many of us saw the latter playout with those 4 straight SB losses. It seemed like no matter how great the team was, they found a way to play their worst in the big game. 

So yeah, I'm not sure what to make of this game. 

5 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

We won’t win if we played like we did on Sunday. I’m more confident in Joe Burrow right now than I am Josh. 

Did you watch the Bengals game against the Ravens? Do you think the Bengal's beat the Bills if they play like they did in the Baltimore game?

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Gonna be honest, not very confident.

Even when Josh isn't turning it over, others certainly step up to fill that void. Seems like this team finds a way to make things a bit tougher than necessary & a bit too often. The Bengals O-line is banged up, but ours just isn't good even when healthy. Morse is good, but the rest range from average to an active risk to Josh's health.

Burrow & the Bengals also went through this last year & emerged in the SB (despite not playing particularly great in any of their wins). They KNOW they can do it & have done so. Our team is used to just getting close, and it's hard to know how that shapes a guy's mentality.

For Josh, he could be pushing himself even harder & be more motivated than ever. For others, they could be waiting for that proverbial other shoe to drop in the back of their minds. Many of us saw the latter playout with those 4 straight SB losses. It seemed like no matter how great the team was, they found a way to play their worst in the big game. 

So yeah, I'm not sure what to make of this game. 

and as i mentioned above perhaps ??

Thats what make Bills so gosh darned exciting and nerve wracking all at once
GoBills

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

and as i mentioned above perhaps ??

Thats what make Bills so gosh darned exciting and nerve wracking all at once
GoBills

Exactly! There's not a single part of me that's not desperately hoping for a Bills win.

Problem is I've seen the Bills do Billsy things too often that my PTSD won't allow my expectations to get too high 😅

5 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

I think KD has lost Josh Allen as well….

I’m sorry…. I’m sorry…. But that is what I see…

Josh went from the best player in the NFL…. To someone easily not the best player in the NFL…..

Last spring I didn’t think an OC could have that kind of effect on a vet QB but there’s no denying it.

The Giants are now running our offense and we are…..

not.

Allen's stats refute this 100%.  In fact by almost any statistical measure Allen had a better year in 2022 under Dorsey then he did in 2021 with DaBall.  And our offense performed just as well if not better.  And this was seen in our having a better record in 2022 then we did in 2021.

Allen through 17 games in 2021:

5170 total yards;  42 total TD's; 18 total TO's

Allen through 17 games (I'm including Miami playoff game to make it an apples to apples comparison) in 2022:

5417 total yards;  45 total TD's;  22 total TO's

I think you're making the mistake of comparing Allen's two remarkable playoff game performances in 2021 to the entire 2022 season.

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Sloppy, Hey I'll take it. Damn straight!

Found this very interesting and it holds true. On "Speak for Yourself" Shady and Acho were discussing Josh's turnovers as of late and Shady brings up a great point at the 6:00 minute mark. 

Josh tends to play down to his competition and gets reckless at times. The bigger the game the better he performs. Pundits say if he plays like that against KC they'll lose. But as Shady mentions,  he doesn't play like that against KC. In his last 3 games at KC Josh has 10 TDs and ZERO INTs. And if it wasn't for 13 seconds he'd be 3-0. He brings some head scratching bad decisions but the good outweighs that by a ton. Josh shows up when it counts.

This video is why I jump to defend Allen.  It's a perfect example of the cheery picking and outright lying by omission that these "analysts" use to paint Allen as out of control and reckless.  Take that compilation of bad Allen plays that the one guy uses to show that Allen has been this way since day one.  One of the game clips is from the 2020 season playoff game against the Colts.  The replay showing Allen taking a sack and fumbling late in the game.  But we recovered the ball.

So let's see the REST OF THE STORY.  In only his 2nd playoff game Allen was spectacular as the Bills won their first playoff game in 25 years. Allen's stats that day:

26 - 35 for 324 yards & 2 TD's;  11 rushes for 54 yards & 1 TD.  Allen did not turn the ball over in that game.

Showing a clip of Allen's one bad play to try to support your position while ignoring how well he played over the entire game is proof of that analyst's bias.  This is why I don't believe much of anything these fools say.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/17/2023 at 6:22 PM, peterpan said:

I hate to say it but maybe 30%?  We have been playing poorly for way too long.  Bengals are a good team with a chip on their shoulder.  I think it’s a safe bet that they win.

And yet we won what 6- 7 straight  !! 
And yet Bangles had to have a Miracle at the goal line against a backup QB !!! 

Edited by Putin

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This video is why I jump to defend Allen.  It's a perfect example of the cheery picking and outright lying by omission that these "analysts" use to paint Allen as out of control and reckless.  Take that compilation of bad Allen plays that the one guy uses to show that Allen has been this way since day one.  One of the game clips is from the 2020 season playoff game against the Colts.  The replay showing Allen taking a sack and fumbling late in the game.  But we recovered the ball.

So let's see the REST OF THE STORY.  In only his 2nd playoff game Allen was spectacular as the Bills won their first playoff game in 25 years. Allen's stats that day:

26 - 35 for 324 yards & 2 TD's;  11 rushes for 54 yards & 1 TD.  Allen did not turn the ball over in that game.

Showing a clip of Allen's one bad play to try to support your position while ignoring how well he played over the entire game is proof of that analyst's bias.  This is why I don't believe much of anything these fools say.

It's got to be their narrative for now. Most of it comes from known hater Nick Wright. He is jealous people put Allen up there with Mahomes so he creates these narrotives. First it was Rollarcoaster Allen. Allen has a good QBR then bad.... and completely ignores Mahomes does the same. He also completely ignores all of Allen's rushing numbers. So all this year it was Allen was throwing picks nonstop.... all of a sudden Mahomes caught up to him in INTs so he changed it to fumbles (not even turnovers... just fumbles) and INTs. 

For reference: Allen has 19 turnovers this year, Burrow has 14, Mahomes has 12 (no fumbles). Last year Allen had 18, Burrow had 16, Mahomes had 17. 

So in two years: Allen has 37 TOs, Burrow has 30 and Mahomes had 29. That means that over the last two year Allen averages one more turnover per 4 games compared to Mahomes..... it's hardly the issue the media is making it sound like.

Meanwhile sacks in the last two years:

Mahomes: 54

Allen: 59

Burrow: 92

Which means that Burrow averages an extra sack per game compared to Allen (not completely his fault). I'll take the extra turnover every 4 games versus one sack a game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.