How confident are you the Bills beat the Bengals?

Steptide

I really don’t know how to feel about this game. I’m kind of numb. My nerves and anxiety are out of control already.

This has been a weird year for me. I honestly believe that this Bills team could have been one of the greatest teams ever. 17-0 was on the table imo. They haven’t played anywhere near their capability. There have been good 1/2’s and moments but we haven’t seen them play a whole game at the level that they’re capable of. I hope that we see that over the next 4 weeks. If we do, they’re not getting beat.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

and we didn't? 

Everyone assumes the Bengals were just gonna wipe the floor with us 7-minutes into the game.  Bills moved the ball just as easy against their defense too.  

And our Oline was opening holes.  Thats always the first thing I watch early on, how are we handling them upfront, because it usually tells you who has the better chance.  

If Cook/Motor are slashing them for 7 yds a carry it generally means we're enroute to a 35 point game, which is good because they'll score a bunch on us too.

Vegas spread is 5 pts, seems a little generous to me but overall I'm glad we finally face off again to settle the score.  

In other news, our home crowd needs a tune up.  Tons of people making zero noise when Fins were snapping the ball but then being loud after we score.  Cmon people lets not act like Miami fans.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm confident. We have Allen

10 hours ago, peterpan said:

I hate to say it but maybe 30%?  We have been playing poorly for way too long.  Bengals are a good team with a chip on their shoulder.  I think it’s a safe bet that they win.

So many comments about a chip on shoulder. I hate that cliche. Blazing Saddles. We'll head them off at the pass

Edited by nucci

1 hour ago, LondonBill said:

As confident as I would be in most divisional rounds. Either team could win it, which is why they are there. Given the season we've just watched, it would be foolish to think the win in the bag or that a loss is inevitable. Home field probably the factor I'm most confident about. Bengals at theirs would be a much, much bigger ask. 

Best team will win. I can't confidently say I know who that is. 

obviously

• Eyeroll 1

Not confident at all, but also not feeling doomed.

Oddly enough I felt more worried about last week.   Probably more about not wanting to be upset by the Dolphins and having to listen to their insufferable fans for 8 months until next season.

Bengals fans seem ok.  But I will say I find their QB to be arrogant as hell.  

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I really don’t know how to feel about this game. I’m kind of numb. My nerves and anxiety are out of control already.

This has been a weird year for me. I honestly believe that this Bills team could have been one of the greatest teams ever. 17-0 was on the table imo. They haven’t played anywhere near their capability. There have been good 1/2’s and moments but we haven’t seen them play a whole game at the level that they’re capable of. I hope that we see that over the next 4 weeks. If we do, they’re not getting beat.

Definitely been a weird year. And when you look at out losses... we had the ball at the end in all 3 with a chance to get it done and couldn't. So absolutely 17-0 (16-0 in the end I suppose) was on the table. 

I wonder about the constant shooting ourselves in the foot on offense. At some point when you keep doing it you have to look at coaching, right? I hate the "it's because Daboll has gone" narrative that the talking heads are running with because (even though I was a big Daboll guy) I don't think Dorsey has done a bad job. There have been a few issues here and there with the scheme but most of the mistakes are player mistakes. How much of that comes down to the way they are being coached day to day and week to week.... how much of it is just that the offense has a lot of decent players but not many star players and with decent guys you get that inconsistency here and there?

It's hard to know. But I feel like if we get out of own way for 3 games it is still right there in front of us.

• Like (+1) 3

Let me preface this by saying I have been a fan since opening day of 1960, and many times I have been accused of being too much of a homer, especially when we had guys like Whaley running the show.  And let me also say that, like everyone, I love Josh.  I think he is the guy who will get us over the top and win the big one.

That said, my confidence for us winning the game Sunday is 0%.  Not because I think their receivers will destroy us; Leslie and McD will figure out ways in the back end to slow them down, and I think their losses on the O line will allow us to pressure Burrow more.  Not because I think there's a huge discrepancy in coachng, or tanet, or anything else.  My reasoning is based on one thing only:

Josh

As much as it pains me to say this, and as much as I know I'll get roasted here, and as much as I hope I look like a complete idiot come Monday morning, I think it has been clear for a while now that Josh is not the same Josh we've seen in the past.  As my daughters and I put it, the Good Josh.  I think the burden of having to be the guy who constantly carries the team (and to a large extent the hopes of the Mafia) on his shoulders, the injury to his arm, and most importantly the shock of the Damar incident has affected Josh's psyche.  When he talked about the Damar incident as something spiritual clued me in that Josh is carrying a tremendous burden, and I think it is getting the best of him.  And it is exemplified by the turnovers, and by him not taking easier passes instead of resorting to hero ball.  This is where we really miss Daboll.  Not so much play calling, but Daboll had no problem getting in Josh's face (and head) and making his see the under routes and such.  Dorsey either hasn't done that, or Josh is not listening when he does so.

So, regretfully, I think the balloon bursts Sunday.  There is only so many times you can play with fire before you get burned, and I think Josh is going to make some critical mistakes this Sunday that swing the game towards the Bengals.  I see a couple picks and/or an untimely fumble, and the Bengals winning by a FG.  Call it 23-20.  And again I hope I can come on here Sunday night and start a thread with the title "I am an idiot".  

• Disagree 1

I don’t think we match up well against them.  We do not get enough pressure on QB and Burrow will carve us up with our soft coverage.  They have 3 quality receivers and a solid TE which will be a matchup nightmare for us.  We will have to put up a lot of points and have to stay away from turnovers to have a shot.  The 12th man needs to bring their A+ game.  Go Bills!

13 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I think playoff Josh returns this week. I am 75% sure of playoff Josh so 70% sure of win because we could still screw it up.

He was there last week man. He had 1 bad INT...ill take that when you get the laser beam lights out throws that come with it. Dude was dialed in. 

Miami had a good game plan to get pressure and stop him from using his legs, and his fumbles are always going to be a problem (sadly). 

Josh as a passer was pretty damn electric. I expect that to continue Sunday against the Bengals. 

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'm at about 65%. I think the bills are the better team overall, but we've watched them shoot themselves in the foot so many times this season. While I think the bills are fully capable of playing a mistake free game, it's hard to comprehend they will. Being at home is a big advantage (I think). 

Any given Sunday the Bills, Chiefs, and Bengals could all beat the other team. My thought on this one?

giphy.gif

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

and we didn't? 

Everyone assumes the Bengals were just gonna wipe the floor with us 7-minutes into the game.  Bills moved the ball just as easy against their defense too.  

The play following the medical emergency that ended up ending the game could've been a pick 6, we'll never know.

14 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

This is where we really miss Daboll.  Not so much play calling, but Daboll had no problem getting in Josh's face (and head) and making his see the under routes and such.  Dorsey either hasn't done that, or Josh is not listening when he does so.

Daboll definitely had a way of getting through to Josh that was special. You heard them talk about one another in pressers and he clearly had ultimate trust in Dabes. It isn't that I don't think he trusts Ken Dorsey, I'm sure he does, but there isn't quite that same relationship. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm on the fence. This one can go either way. If we push the ball downfield and don't hit then its going to be a rough day. If the D plays bend don't break and can't get to the QB while the Cincy WRs find the spaces it could be a long day.

But if the opposite happens it shall be a great day

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.