How confident are you the Bills beat the Bengals?

Steptide

Not very, all things considered.

But....Josh has a 4-0 record and 17-3 TD-INT ratio at home....that has to count for something.

4 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

If no turnover Josh shows up they’ll win.  

Will he be bringing no fumble RB and no drop WR with him? What about no dumb penalties OL dude, is he coming?

It is going to be a nail biter.

4 hours ago, Success said:

I'm over 80%.  Feeling VERY good about this game.  Strangely, I feel like the Bills - and particularly Allen - are being underestimated.  

And I think that O-line situation is going to be very tough for the Bengals.  We don't have a great pass rush, but it will be effective on Sunday.  

Cook is also gonna run wild.

I think Cook & Singletary will get theirs, but I have a feeling this is going to be a signature Josh Allen game where he goes ballistic. 360 yards 2 TDs + 70 yards rushing and a pair of TDs on the ground. Def gonna be a nail biter, but I just don’t see them losing at home. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'm at about 65%. I think the bills are the better team overall, but we've watched them shoot themselves in the foot so many times this season. While I think the bills are fully capable of playing a mistake free game, it's hard to comprehend they will. Being at home is a big advantage (I think). 

I would lower your 65% to 60%, then reverse it.

I say 60% probability Bengals win, 40% Bills win.

If Josh is on fire and doesn't turn the ball over, we'll win!

4 minutes ago, Wyobills89 said:

With von I'd be a good 75%. Without the pass rush threat it makes me nervous. Can our secondary cover for 5+ seconds that's what scares me. Going to be a battle. My heart says we pull it out somehow someway. 

If the secondary has to cover for 5+ seconds the Bills have no chance. Fortunately they don’t.. that’s an absurd amount of time in an NFL game  I’d be around 80% with Von but still around 70% as is. I agree the Bills will find a way, probably due to Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

“More than anyone else”.  Lol.  

We were the ONLY team that controlled their own destiny for the #1 seed prior to the MNF game. We didn’t play a game and then we lost control of our own destiny.  The Bengals were never in control of their own destiny.   As it turned out, they never even had a chance at the #1 seed as KC won week 17.  

what’s more important, the #1 seed or the #2 seed?  We lost an opportunity at the 1 seed.  They lost an opportunity at the 2 seed. And Cinci lost more…. 🙄 

Not to mention the cancelation of the game gave Cincinnati the Division AUTOMATICALLY 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have literally never been confident going into a Bills game. I am anxiety ridden before, during, and sometimes after! 

Same here.  I think any outcome is possible with the Bills.

My anxiety level was sky high after the Dolphin win.  Still haven’t rewatched the game which I normally do by now.   Probably won’t get to it. 

The most I felt remotely confident that they would win was the Jags last year and the Steelers this year. 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Same here.  I think any outcome is possible with the Bills.

My anxiety level was sky high after the Dolphin win.  Still haven’t rewatched the game which I normally do by now.   Probably won’t get to it. 

The most I felt remotely confident that they would win was the Jags last year and the Steelers this year. 

Funny how that is.. the least confident I remember being was before the Bills first home AFC title game vs the Raiders in 1990 season ( Jan ‘91). I had a pit in my stomach and could barely sleep the night before. I remembered the regular season matchup when the Bills rallied from 24-14 deficit in the 4th quarter. I thought the Raiders might just be too good to beat twice . It was unbelievable and amazing the Bills could win 51-3. We just don’t know! 

65% Bills, which is heavy favorite. Let the naysayers have their day. Cincy is good. Burrow is good. He's got the cerebral, Brady-like qualities down but he's not going to tuck and jump over a linebacker for a game winning score, if necessary, like our guy.

More specifically, Cincy's defensive backs sucks. Eli Apple is getting starting time. The same Eli Apple that was a joke 5 years ago. I don't have it on me but I think I read that they were 28th or so in passing yards allowed the last 3 weeks of the season. Josh Allen give, and Josh Allen take away, but the Bengals should give him a ton of opportunities to give. I think he'll gladly rise to the challenge based on previous playoff performances.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes. That was actually a well used time out… just about every other one turns out to be a waste that washes out a negative play for the opposing team… and he seems to do it every game. 

Every game?  Miami is the first one I can recall this season and he can't tell the darn future.  He didn't like the look that he was in so he called a timeout.  If they completed that long pass to Waddle we'd all be praising him.  Plus, it's difficult to judge the outcome of a play when some of the players heard the whistle and didn't participate  

A wasted time out is at the end of the half when he took a timeout for what he thought was a Diggs touchdown even though the replay review has to come from upstairs.  Although, he had to do that in the Colts playoff game a couple of seasons ago and I think that actually worked in our favor.  Memory is fuzzy.

To answer the OP’s question, reasonably. We know their Defense is susceptible and the OL is in tatters. Fairly sure no QB has been sacked more times, than Burrow than any other -for the games he’s played. WRs? They have them in Spades. They’re the defending AFC Champs so no slough, to be sure. Imo, the only team left who can beat us is…. Us! -and sadly, we’re capable of self-destructing..

🤦‍♂️

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As confident as I would be in most divisional rounds. Either team could win it, which is why they are there. Given the season we've just watched, it would be foolish to think the win in the bag or that a loss is inevitable. Home field probably the factor I'm most confident about. Bengals at theirs would be a much, much bigger ask. 

Best team will win. I can't confidently say I know who that is. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.